League Of Legends Catch All

Dyni wrote:
Cheeto1016 wrote:

I know I have most you guys on my buddy list, and have been invited to games before and tend to deny them because I am playing with another couple friends. However, I would not mind trying to get in some of your games and building some rapport with you guys.

Do you guys mind a drunken homosexual ginger joining in every once in awhile Who tends to start things up and need to keep an eye out for?

I stopped inviting you because you always decline my invites. STOP IT!

JOIN US! I like gingers.

^Trap.

Ryze is just f*cking incredible with the boot change and new items. While he still has some tough matchups, it's nowhere near as difficult as it used to be to endure the early game. Most importantly for blind pick, he fares decently against a lot of the FotM AD mids. I'm sitting at 70% win ratio with him over the last month.

You want MS quints and 9/0/21 masteries with maximum cooldown taken. Easy lane start is charm, flask, 2 pots. Iffy lane start is flask, ward, pots, maybe 1 mana pot. Rush Tear, then grab a chain vest if facing AD, then Catalyst and complete RoA. Get your boots/treads and a Glacial Shroud.

If your team is at least near parity with theirs and you're not getting regularly blown up in brawls, you convert your Tear into Muramana and just mow sh*t down in team fights. You are an absolute god for several minutes if you can complete RoA, Boots, Glacial Shroud, and Muramana by 22-25 mins. It guarantees a massively lopsided win in the first big fight, too, because they're not expecting the gigantic damage spike that occurs the moment your blade transforms.

If your team is losing badly but you feel you can win late, figure out if you want Iceborne or Frozen Heart (usually the latter). Archangels will give you more damage at low mana, and is a good choice if you need the shield or have your jungle camped hard enough that you don't expect to get blues. If you still wind up going Muramana because the other team has multiple squishies, you'll probably need a Zhonya's to survive after you've waded in. Abyssal/Void Staff are situational picks, and once in a blue moon I'll still pick up a Banshees or Rylais on top of the RoA if survivability is a serious concern.

DFG is rarely going to be a good idea. You're a clump damager, not a single target slammer. Rabadon's is likewise out. AP without other stats/utility isn't that great on him. You won't go Chalice, so no Athene's (too much CDR after FH/Iceborne anyway). Will of the Ancients is unnecessary with his ult, but can be picked up if you have a Vlad or Rumble on the team.

carrotpanic wrote:

I am a jack of all trades and master of none. I am putty. Mold me, Cathadan, mold me.

Trap synergy!

If I had to pick I'd probably have you ADC. I can't be there all day you know.

Complex wrote:
IntangibleFate wrote:

I think we tend to do well when people revert to the roles they are best at and characters they are comfortable with, I know for myself I just try to fill in wherever people don't want to play and can be "servicable" everywhere. But I agree that we always do better in teamfights then in the laning phase, but I think that's part of the way that we play. I don't think I can really pick one person and give them a role that they always play, with the exception of Squee as Blitz, and that's not even a role since he plays it everwhere.

Draek is a top/jungle/adc?
Raven is an adc/cho/lee/eve/elise/every role
Complex is a support that's forced to play top whenever fuzz is playing.
Fuzz is a top that steals Complex's support?
Kanou is a mid/support
Wizard is elise.
Dyni is a mid/jungle?
Jimmy is a mid?
Squee is a blitz/adc?

I just don't think that we adjust or build teams to adjust for our weaknesses. I know i've felt left out in the cold top sometimes because we end up with a mid that needs help to get going or a bot that is going to get pressured because of how we did our picks. And I know I've left complex out in the cold multiple times top because I play naut when he plays singed and that lane isn't going to kill anyone early, or late, or really unless they chase him and I show up to plant them under a tower.

Actually I jungle alot too, just never with you because if you dont snag it, someone else does. Top, Jungle, and support are my roles. Preference on support depends who the ADC is, some people I prefer not to support anymore. I have my own style that works well with some people's play style and just annoys other people's play style.

Support is my best and usually preferred role, and i play them all well now except soraka and alistair. Reaching the point where i'm picking my support based purely on my ADC's pick and his preferance and the matchup and my position in pick queue, and no longer just on whatever support i think feels cool atm. I'm actually picking them for a reason and playing to the lane's and adc's strengths and usually its working. Feel like i'm really learning the role in a deeper way now days than just calling support and playing one i think is op. I've actually stopped thinking any of them are op...they are all amazing when paired right against the right matchup. The only thing i'm lacking is getting good at fighting twitch, as an adc or a support. He and he alone confounds me still, it's my last great noobishness to conquer as a support.

i can play top as Irelia or mid as Karthas against most matchups and be successfull now, sometimes be incredible...

I can jungle in a pinch but it's all luck whether i'm in the right spot at the right time, i've no skill at planning that.

I can adc enough to get by but i need a even to favorable matchup to do it as adc. I'm always getting assassinated at the start of team fights and i dunno if it's me or my team doin bad sh*t.

Definitely on bot lane, as psoplayer said. Half the battle or more is how you jive with and communicate with your lane parter and yea those are two diff things. There are people i can't lane for sh*t with even with lots of communication whether i'm adc or support cause we just do NOT think like each other. Then ther's folks i rarely lose a lane supporting because we just seem to be on the same page and communicate our moves well too.

All that said, this is directed at the world in general, i hate you as a person if you say you wanna support and I end up ADC and you buy no wards or only 1....i hate you. You suck. You kill life. Part of life as a support is just being a ward bitch early, if you can't handle it, pick a diff role or dodge.

Fuzzballx wrote:
Complex wrote:
IntangibleFate wrote:

I think we tend to do well when people revert to the roles they are best at and characters they are comfortable with, I know for myself I just try to fill in wherever people don't want to play and can be "servicable" everywhere. But I agree that we always do better in teamfights then in the laning phase, but I think that's part of the way that we play. I don't think I can really pick one person and give them a role that they always play, with the exception of Squee as Blitz, and that's not even a role since he plays it everwhere.

Draek is a top/jungle/adc?
Raven is an adc/cho/lee/eve/elise/every role
Complex is a support that's forced to play top whenever fuzz is playing.
Fuzz is a top that steals Complex's support?
Kanou is a mid/support
Wizard is elise.
Dyni is a mid/jungle?
Jimmy is a mid?
Squee is a blitz/adc?

I just don't think that we adjust or build teams to adjust for our weaknesses. I know i've felt left out in the cold top sometimes because we end up with a mid that needs help to get going or a bot that is going to get pressured because of how we did our picks. And I know I've left complex out in the cold multiple times top because I play naut when he plays singed and that lane isn't going to kill anyone early, or late, or really unless they chase him and I show up to plant them under a tower.

Actually I jungle alot too, just never with you because if you dont snag it, someone else does. Top, Jungle, and support are my roles. Preference on support depends who the ADC is, some people I prefer not to support anymore. I have my own style that works well with some people's play style and just annoys other people's play style.

Support is my best and usually preferred role, and i play them all well now except soraka and alistair. Reaching the point where i'm picking my support based purely on my ADC's pick and his preferance and the matchup and my position in pick queue, and no longer just on whatever support i think feels cool atm. I'm actually picking them for a reason and playing to the lane's and adc's strengths and usually its working. Feel like i'm really learning the role in a deeper way now days than just calling support and playing one i think is op. I've actually stopped thinking any of them are op...they are all amazing when paired right against the right matchup. The only thing i'm lacking is getting good at fighting twitch, as an adc or a support. He and he alone confounds me still, it's my last great noobishness to conquer as a support.

i can play top as Irelia or mid as Karthas against most matchups and be successfull now, sometimes be incredible...

I can jungle in a pinch but it's all luck whether i'm in the right spot at the right time, i've no skill at planning that.

I can adc enough to get by but i need a even to favorable matchup to do it as adc. I'm always getting assassinated at the start of team fights and i dunno if it's me or my team doin bad sh*t.

Definitely on bot lane, as psoplayer said. Half the battle or more is how you jive with and communicate with your lane parter and yea those are two diff things. There are people i can't lane for sh*t with even with lots of communication whether i'm adc or support cause we just do NOT think like each other. Then ther's folks i rarely lose a lane supporting because we just seem to be on the same page and communicate our moves well too.

All that said, this is directed at the world in general, i hate you as a person if you say you wanna support and I end up ADC and you buy no wards or only 1....i hate you. You suck. You kill life. Part of life as a support is just being a ward bitch early, if you can't handle it, pick a diff role or dodge.

note: his karthus mid playstyle is just to yell at us for not letting him get the kill with his ult. Every team fight he just wants us to weaken them for his ult, such a kill steal!

XD jk of course, or am I not joking?
[insert token evil laugh here]

So, some of you know that I've been playing a lot with my son, who's 8 (MightyTy in game). A few of you have even been brave enough to accept my invited to join us for games of twisted treeline. He's getting better at the fundamentals -- basic map sense and last hitting, etc. He still hasn't decided on a champ to really learn, so he's been goofing a bit with a lot of the obvious early choices. Last night, he discovered Teemo.

And he freaking melted faces. It was frankly shocking how much he melted faces.

Having never played Teemo, is he really that easy, or was it just crazy beginners luck?

Teemo is one of the best champs in Twisted Treeline because of his mushrooms. Love me some Teemo in any game mode!

Since we're all on roles, I'll something in as well. ADC is probably my best. Mid is one of my favorites, but with the rise of bruisers mid it's hard to play some of the champs I love there. Which reminds me again I need to play more AP Kog... I really do like support, since thanks to Shynex, I see support Lux isn't trash but brings crazy burst if I can actually land my damn skillshots in the laning phase. Jungle is iffy for me. I've really only like Mummy in there now, burning tears man, but have been enjoying Elise as well. Top is my least favorite. I just don't know the match ups and the ones I do know I hate playing against.

I've been trying to avoid bot lane this week since it's just been so annoying for me lately. MF and Twitch drive me crazy, and bot just seems to go wrong so fast. Another reason is I'm trying to really learn some champs from other lanes. I decided the end of last week that I was really only going to play about 10 champs for awhile, to learn as much as I can about them. One being Lux, which is why I'm trying to grab support a lot more lately. It's hard always playing with Fuzz and Complex though =P . She's great mid too, but I'm just trying her a different way.

I'll probably get out of my bot funk soon and get ready to outplay more people with Draven.

rabbit wrote:

So, some of you know that I've been playing a lot with my son, who's 8 (MightyTy in game). A few of you have even been brave enough to accept my invited to join us for games of twisted treeline. He's getting better at the fundamentals -- basic map sense and last hitting, etc. He still hasn't decided on a champ to really learn, so he's been goofing a bit with a lot of the obvious early choices. Last night, he discovered Teemo.

And he freaking melted faces. It was frankly shocking how much he melted faces.

Having never played Teemo, is he really that easy, or was it just crazy beginners luck?

Because he can build both ad and ap he can be hard to defend against. If he hasn't tried it, get him to try blackfire tourch. Any poison based character would enjoy the burning it brings. Btw rabbit, a version of it is now on summoners rift for you to try with brand.

rabbit wrote:

Having never played Teemo, is he really that easy, or was it just crazy beginners luck?

Never underestimate the power of the scout's code!

There are some dumb tricks you can pull off with his stealth, but the core of the character is incredibly simple. Shroom up, shoot dudes, run away through your shrooms if you're in trouble. And as carrot notes, the fact that wards aren't allowed on the new TT makes the shrooms all the more valuable.

He's never picked for tournament play because he doesn't contribute much to a coordinated team effort, but it's super fun to put that global taunt to work. I always wanted to play Teemo back when I started, but the friend that got me into the game would always pick him first so I was forced to find something else to play.

rabbit wrote:

Having never played Teemo, is he really that easy super, or was it just crazy beginners luck?

FTFY.

IMAGE(http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/images/news/February_2012/2012_02_17_skin_sale/Teemo_Splash.jpg)

Do you want your son to grow up to be obnoxious? Playing a character designed from the ground up to be nothing but an annoying pain in the ass will set him down the path. Friends don't let friends (or kids) play Teemo.

The More You Know.

Mr Crinkle wrote:

The More You Know.

[size=24]☆彡[/size]

Alt character codes? Share them so I don't have to look them up. :p

When I play with the acolytes or with a bunch of competitive GWJ people, I play AD carry 95% of the time. However, my only reputation around here is for extreme Blitzcranking.

Mission accomplished. *lights cigar*

It's just one of a veritable boatload of character art macros provided by the Japanese keyboards on iOS.

Looking them up in the character map...
Star should be alt +2606 and the other is +5F61 maybe? I'm on a ten-keyless so I can't try it myself.

Edit: reading more about how to input unicode on windows... ugh. Good luck.

Squee9 wrote:

When I play with the acolytes or with a bunch of competitive GWJ people, I play AD carry 95% of the time. However, my only reputation around here is for extreme Blitzcranking.

Mission accomplished. *lights cigar*

I greatly enjoyed ADCing to your extreme Clanking.

Well, if you want to see the most memorable game of LoL of all time, you've come to the right place.

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2691500/

Some would question why I would upload such an embarrassing replay. It's a fair question.

Also I have a special bonus video short.

Whew, kill secured!

I take back all of the mean things I said. Mundo is even better after the changes and the new/revamped items. The even more silly Mana and Health Regen jungle items irks me given how many jungles are zero mana. Even with the changes to DFG, I am liking Twin Shadows in him. The revamped Tiamat, and the Hydra upgrade seems tailored for Mundo. The revamped Spirit Visage seems most generous as well, Healing bonus is up 5%, Building out of Negatron makes the MR even more significant.

Man, who could have seen that theory crafting before anyone had used the new items would be incorrect?

carrotpanic wrote:

Man, who could have seen that theory crafting before anyone had used the new items would be incorrect?

You, still off the X-mas card list.

Was spectating a friend and found a moment that I found too amusing not to record.

Reminder, Super Sale Tomorrow

Guqin Sona 487 RP
Dragonblade Talon 487 RP
Dragon Fist Lee Sin 487 RP
Jade Dragon Wukong 487 RP
Heartseeker Vayne 487 RP
Fisherman Fizz 487 RP
Battle Bunny Riven 487 RP
Blackthorn Morgana 487 RP
Tyrant Swain 487 RP
Sad Robot Amumu 487 RP
Darkflame Shyvana 487 RP
Glaive Warrior Pantheon 487 RP

Someday I'll show up in one of these sweet-ass replay videos. And on that day, I'll feel super good about my Lulu support play. Someday. Maybe.

rabbit wrote:

Having never played Teemo, is he really that easy, or was it just crazy beginners luck?

Like others have written, his ability to go AD or AP can be difficult to defend against and adding some attack speed makes the damage really build. The downside is that he's super squishy and can get zoned by champs with good poke; I was in a recent 3v3 on TT playing as Teemo and the enemy Jax focused and melted me in every team fight. Then, as Jax, I returned the favor to an enemy Teemo in a different match pretty easily.

However, if the enemy team doesn't focus on Teemo, he can hang back and do annoying amount of damage. The poison is great for finishing opponents off, and his Q becomes a nice nuke that instantly makes squishy characters hesitate. He's also great at baiting; everyone knows how annoying he is (like Crinkle alluded to), so you can get folks to chase Teemo into ambushes and mushrooms. I've picked up kills just by enemies ducking into bushes to B, only to step on a shroom and die.

Unlike Crinkle, I'm all in on Teemo. The more the better!

Edit to add:
IMAGE(http://www.joyistik.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/1647589-teemo_astronaut_super.jpg)

i actually still have a couple of the videos from when Complex and PivotWizard were still casting our customs saved locally... amusing to watch once in a while and it's pretty cool seeing your name "in lights".

KingGorilla wrote:

I take back all of the mean things I said. Mundo is even better after the changes and the new/revamped items. The even more silly Mana and Health Regen jungle items irks me given how many jungles are zero mana. Even with the changes to DFG, I am liking Twin Shadows in him. The revamped Tiamat, and the Hydra upgrade seems tailored for Mundo. The revamped Spirit Visage seems most generous as well, Healing bonus is up 5%, Building out of Negatron makes the MR even more significant.

Yeah, he's a monster. I haven't tried the Twin Shadows yet. If your adc/apc are good, try building absurdly tanky and standing in the middle of a team fight, cleavering everybody. If you can nab the focus, more power to you. If not, his q and w are still very nice. If the money's there pick up a Liandry's or Sunfire, just to be the biggest problem possible.

Twin Shadows is, more or less, the only Kage's item that works on him still since they changed DFG. I still think Passive Gold is a major boon on junglers; arguably necessary. You also get another slow, also one that can ferret out cloaked players nearby. With the changes to oracles this is a handy item indeed unless you are making regular shopping trips. I think that the detection items are mandatory for at least 1 person on the team, the tank makes the most sense to me given that you lead the charge.

Liandry's and Hydra are toss ups for me. It all really depends on how the other team is reacting. With AP as a more legitimate damage threat, teams often stack more MR than before generally at the expense of Armor which means Masochism and more AD will be my friend. I also want to experiment with Banner of Command on him, it just seems to be an AP tank item.

Hydra is only good on very small selection of champs right now, and Mundo is not one of them. It's way too expensive for the benefit it gives.

Mundo is still best when built pure tank with maybe a Liandry's for damage. Warmogs, Spirit Visage, Bulwark, Randuin's, Spirit of the Ancient Golem, Locket, Sunfire, and Liandry's are your best core options.

It is still a period of experimentation, much like college, to see what works best. Mundo's clear times are still super crazy.

But as a lunch League update. Night and day comparison when your team does not use wards properly. "Supports" still seem afraid of the Sightstone in public. Sightstone exists so the bottom can ward every bush, and maybe stop blitzcrank from going apesh*t. And why waste money on wards when you are top? Just push, push, push.