The pre-season is done. The Islanders, Coyotes, Panthers, Thrashers, and Lightning are still in place, for better, for worse, for now. Theo Fleury conquered his demons, and was in training camp for awhile, but couldn't quite make the cut, but he tried, sometimes that's what counts.
The NHL is not on DirecTV yet, with no contract in place for VS, which isn't good for the #7 sport in the US (yes, behind College Football, College Bastketball, and NASCAR). They've even come to begging fans to pressure DirecTV to carry VS, as seen on Yahoo!Sports:
Some questions for the 2009-2010 Series:
1) What will Bankruptcy Court dictate be done with the Phoenix Coyotes? Will "Make It Seven" actually come to be, or could it even become "How About 8 or 9"?
2) Will the New York Islanders team up with the New Jersey Nets for the Brooklyn Arena Complex, or is the Lighthouse something real?
The Lighthouse Project with Charles Wang is apparently dead. Kansas City here they come?
3) WWSAS? What Will Sean Avery Say?
4) Can Alex Ovechkin bring the Stanley Cup Finals, maybe even a Cup, to the DC area? Can he pull the 50/50 (50 goals, 50 games)?
5) Is this the year New Jersey and Detroit fall lower, and Chicago and Boston climb high and stay high, respectively?
6) Financial Dumper: Florida Panthers? Buffalo Sabres? Tampa Bay Lightning? Atlanta Thrashers? St. Louis Blues? Los Angeles Kings? Dallas Stars? Other?
7) San Jose- Yay or Nay?
8) The Islanders Goalie Saga Match-Up Game: Luongo, DiPietro, Dubielewicz / Vezina, Stanley, Injury, Other (some matches could be used twice!)
9) Did Toronto and Vancouver really play 9 pre-season games?
10) Where will the worst Third Jerseys come from?