From the makers of Flower comes Journey

Alexis: "This was the most beautiful game I've ever played"

tuffalobuffalo wrote:

I'm almost glad that there isn't a gifting feature for PSN like Steam. I would be broke.

You can give PSN $ to people I think. But not games specifically. So... you could go for broke earmarking funds for Journey.

Tanglebones wrote:

Alexis: "This was the most beautiful game I've ever played"

Playing it with my kids, I love how many times the word "beautiful" is used.

So, I understand there is a way to finish the game with a white robe, yes? Is it just based on finding everything that's hidden, or what?

demonbox wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:

Alexis: "This was the most beautiful game I've ever played"

Playing it with my kids, I love how many times the word "beautiful" is used.

So, I understand there is a way to finish the game with a white robe, yes? Is it just based on finding everything that's hidden, or what?

I got all the trophies and The White Robe. I think if you play through the ending 5 or 6 times, you get the maximum level of golden designs on the robe. To get the white robe, you have to find all of the hidden murals. When you are at the nexus area, there's a section that actually shows which ones you already have. Just get them all glowy and you'll get the white robe IIRC.

I think it's 3 runs from the gold trim.

And is it finding all the murals or scarf extensions for the white robe? Or both? I know you don't have to find them on one run. And once you've beat it you can do a level select in that starting hub so you can just pick up the ones you're missing.

Crap... you might be right. It might be the scarf extensions. The murals were just for a trophy. You dont' have to do it on one run, just find all of them eventually. There is a rather tricky one in the desert skiing section. It's best to check some YouTube videos.

Does it still count if you find the scarf extensions but get them shaved off by the evil dudes? I would assume, just curious if one knew for sure.

Just beat the game twice in a row.

First time I was planning to try a get my white robe, it was not going so great as I had to keep going back and forth between my computer and the ps3. Then all of a sudden my partner was a white robed fella who took it upon himself to help me collect them all. I finished the game with him and it felt wonderful.

At this point, with nice new robe in tow, I decided to repay the favor. I met someone on the bridge level, and we careful went through all the levels. On the very last level, I was panicking as all of a sudden I couldn't find them. I reach the very summit of the mountain, and there they were. Waiting for me.

Sent them a nice message afterwards, got a response from them. Thanking me for helping them get their white robe.

I love this game.

master0 wrote:

Just beat the game twice in a row.

First time I was planning to try a get my white robe, it was going not so great as I had to keep going back and forth between my computer and the ps3. Then all of a sudden my partner was a white robed fella and took it upon himself to help me collect it all. I finished the game with him and it felt great.

At this point with nice new robe in tow I decided to repay the favor. I met someone on the bridge level and we careful went through all the levels. On the very last level I was panicking as all of a sudden I could find them. I reach the very summit of the mountain, and there they were waiting for me.

Sent them a nice message afterwards, got a response from them. Thanking me for helping them get their white robe.

I love this game.

Nice. One of the most epic moments in the game for me after playing it a couple times was seeing a white robed character with a huge scarf perched up on an archway in the underground section. It was pretty cool. I knew I had to get the white robe after that.

Greetings. I've neglected my PS 3 except for Blu-Ray and 'The Show'. But really haven't gamed much with it for awhile. I downloaded 'Journey' and it say's I did (and the music). But I'll be darn if it show's up anywhere. I've checked account management: yep, download is there; key: yep, it's there, etc. etc. I havce about 8 gigs left on my little drive. So should be plenty of room I would think. I checked the manual several times and it seem's pretty straightforwardy. I even deleted the music in case it got fouled up. It turn turn my game folder into a 'journey' folder. It had all my games in it (a few), but no 'Journey', (my 3 on 3 Aracade Hockey was there. As well as a arcade bowling game...just to show you I have DL from the 'Store' before without problems.

Anyway, anyone have any idea of the problem? Solution?

Appreciate your help!

Donan wrote:

Greetings. I've neglected my PS 3 except for Blu-Ray and 'The Show'. But really haven't gamed much with it for awhile. I downloaded 'Journey' and it say's I did (and the music). But I'll be darn if it show's up anywhere. I've checked account management: yep, download is there; key: yep, it's there, etc. etc. I havce about 8 gigs left on my little drive. So should be plenty of room I would think. I checked the manual several times and it seem's pretty straightforwardy. I even deleted the music in case it got fouled up. It turn turn my game folder into a 'journey' folder. It had all my games in it (a few), but no 'Journey', (my 3 on 3 Aracade Hockey was there. As well as a arcade bowling game...just to show you I have DL from the 'Store' before without problems.

Anyway, anyone have any idea of the problem? Solution?

Appreciate your help!

Sounds like you downloaded the key, but not the trial version. If you download the trial, the key will apply to it automatically, to turn it into the full version.

Tanglebones wrote:

Sounds like you downloaded the key, but not the trial version. If you download the trial, the key will apply to it automatically, to turn it into the full version.

Ah yes, that sounds like the solution.

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:

Sounds like you downloaded the key, but not the trial version. If you download the trial, the key will apply to it automatically, to turn it into the full version.

Ah yes, that sounds like the solution.

Yeah this. PSN totally fails to download that actual game if you download the key without having previously downloaded the demo. It's utterly stupid and non-intuitive.

Mine downloaded both when I bought it.

Booooo -- Trent Reznor won the Grammy for visual media. That score is cool and good, but it's by no means great. It shouldn't have won over Journey and much less shouldn't have won over the score to The Artist which was downright brilliant. I guess that you just have to shrug your shoulders and realize that it's The Grammys and rather a joke much like the VGAs.

You're right. Many times I've equated the Grammys to the VGAs in my life.

Matthew Nava, previously the art director for That Game Company, started a new studio with a few others. It's called Giant Squid Studios. I created a catch all here because I expect great things.

Played through the PS4 version twice this morning. So good! Glad the PS4 trophies are different because it gives me an excuse to play everything over again.