Help! I've lost my Navigation Bar and can't get it back.

Bah, I'm embarrassed to even say it, but I managed to hide my navigation bar in Mozilla Firefox and I can't figure out how to get it back. Anyone have any ideas?

Right click up at the top of the browser and click a check box by Navigation Toolbar. If you can't get that to work, it's under "View>Toolbars".

MannishBoy wrote:

Right click up at the top of the browser and click a check box by Navigation Toolbar. If you can't get that to work, it's under "View>Toolbars".

That's how I accidentally turned it off (by unchecking the Navigation Toolbar), but unfortunately right-clicking anywhere at the top of the browser no longer brings up the check box to recheck for the navigation toolbar. And I can't find the View Menu anywhere.

Basically the only panes at the top is the Tabs pane and a pane that has a "Most Visited, Getting Started, Latetest Headlines" buttons.

Tkyl wrote:
MannishBoy wrote:

Right click up at the top of the browser and click a check box by Navigation Toolbar. If you can't get that to work, it's under "View>Toolbars".

That's how I accidentally turned it off (by unchecking the Navigation Toolbar), but unfortunately right-clicking anywhere at the top of the browser no longer brings up the check box to recheck for the navigation toolbar. And I can't find the View Menu anywhere.

Basically the only panes at the top is the Tabs pane and a pane that has a "Most Visited, Getting Started, Latetest Headlines" buttons.

Can you hit alt+v to get to the view menu?

EriktheRed wrote:

Can you hit alt+v to get to the view menu?

That worked! Thank you!

Start it in safe mode (you should have another icon for that in your programs) and it will give you a box to reset toolbars.

EDIT: Beaten with an even easier answer.

You can right click between the search box and the address bar also, but it looks like you already fixed it. I always have my navigation bar hidden because I collapsed everything into the top bar, like this:

IMAGE(http://imgur.com/rmv0N.png)

Do you not use bookmarks?

General Crespin wrote:

Do you not use bookmarks?

Anything I visit enough to have a bookmark button for, I visit enough to know what it is called. "ga TAB ENTER", etc. I hate GUIs that waste a lot of space, I don't have my status bar visible either.

General Crespin wrote:

Do you not use bookmarks?

I do something similar too because if you start typing the name of a bookmark it will have a handy drop down to select (I prefer keyboard keys to more mouse clicks).

Also you can make keywords for any bookmarks, like I have a link to my local TV listings and the keyword is TV. I type TV in the address bar and hit enter and it takes me to that page.