Red Dead Redemption Catch-all

SallyNasty wrote:

Hey there GWJango, anyone still have this game? I just picked up the GOTY version with the intent of going back in and doing some MP - anyone interested?

I haven't turned on MP in forever, but my hunch is that by this point it's similar to GTA IV's: a cultural wasteland of racism and five-second lives.

CptGlanton wrote:
SallyNasty wrote:

Hey there GWJango, anyone still have this game? I just picked up the GOTY version with the intent of going back in and doing some MP - anyone interested?

I haven't turned on MP in forever, but my hunch is that by this point it's similar to GTA IV's: a cultural wasteland of racism and five-second lives.

Lol, probably true - I really more want to go do the hideouts and just dork around than play versus any non goodjer.

The multiplayer co-op missions are pretty well done, if one doesn't want to encounter the ransoms in free roam mode.

If the time is right, I could be interested.

SallyNasty wrote:

Hey there GWJango, anyone still have this game? I just picked up the GOTY version with the intent of going back in and doing some MP - anyone interested?

I'm your huckleberry.

Yeah, I could be persuaded to re-do a few of those co-op missions.

I too could be persuaded to do some co-op. I barely touched the multiplayer.

I will be messing around all weekend. I haven't played in ages, but if you guys wanted to try some co-op mission around 9 on Friday night? I am on central time.

I am also down to do some of the undead nightmare horde mode achievements.

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
SallyNasty wrote:

Hey there GWJango, anyone still have this game? I just picked up the GOTY version with the intent of going back in and doing some MP - anyone interested?

I'm your huckleberry.

IMAGE(http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif)

Assuming my wife doesn't have a better idea, I could probably do 9pm Central on Friday.

To confirm - outlaws to the end co-op around 9 tonight! I should be on earlier, but am just putting 9 central for a guaranteed time.

I will send out invites to anyone who posted interest and we can posse up. Looks like the co-op maps are all 4 people so be sure and friend me up to get a spot! I think DrJekl is also down to play, so should be a good group.

I know I'm on your friends list since I saw you Xboxing last night.

I briefly tried to play Mercenaries 2. Man, the controls were terrible!

We should have a full 4 then, with me, you, Glanton, and Jekl. This will be fun.

Had a great time last night with Sith, Jekl, and Fed! Will definitely be down for some more tonight!

They were some gunsmokin' good times!

SallyNasty wrote:

Had a great time last night with Sith, Jekl, and Fed! Will definitely be down for some more tonight!

Yeah, I forgot how much fun RDR delivers. Makes me hyped for GTA V.

Hey gang, looking for a big group to go through and get some of the free play challenges knocked out. The more the merrier! Specifically looking for the DLC achievements for getting over 9001 individual points in a single session and then getting 50,000 posse points.

Anyone down for some wranglin?

I'm down for some cow poking.

3xp weekend! I will be online, let me know if you are interested!

I will be online at 830 tonight looking for people to do hideouts and cause random fun. I think we have 5ish people so far already - join the fun!

SallyNasty wrote:

I will be online at 830 tonight looking for people to do hideouts and cause random fun. I think we have 5ish people so far already - join the fun!

Super fun group here! I regretfully cannot attend, but I recommend it!

I recently picked it up again to play MP with a friend, and we've been having a grand time. It's making me want to re-play the single-player story.

Dangit, a post in this thread makes me hope a sequel was announced, although the week after E3 would be a weird time for it.

I have a secret hope they'll announce one after GTA V.

Great story. He was one of the best things in that game.

Fedaykin98 wrote:

Dangit, a post in this thread makes me hope a sequel was announced, although the week after E3 would be a weird time for it.

I have a secret hope they'll announce one after GTA V.

And I hope that a PC version is made this time. I played RDR because I already had a 360. I will not be buying a new console just for RDR's sequel. So missing out on that would make me even more frustrated and disappointed (especially considering how similar to PC the XO and PS4 are) than the fact that Rockstar never released a PC version for RDR.

Also, cool video, Mannish. Thanks for posting it.

I never finished the game; any spoilers in the video?

cyrax wrote:

I never finished the game; any spoilers in the video?

Nope.

MeatMan wrote:
Fedaykin98 wrote:

Dangit, a post in this thread makes me hope a sequel was announced, although the week after E3 would be a weird time for it.

I have a secret hope they'll announce one after GTA V.

And I hope that a PC version is made this time. I played RDR because I already had a 360. I will not be buying a new console just for RDR's sequel. So missing out on that would make me even more frustrated and disappointed (especially considering how similar to PC the XO and PS4 are) than the fact that Rockstar never released a PC version for RDR.

Also, cool video, Mannish. Thanks for posting it.

I hope for this too. I got a PS3 for a few reasons, one being the Bluray player. I never finished RDR because I'm so used to mouse and keyboard. Likewise, I'll probably play the Uncharted series and The Last of Us at some point, but especially with two kids in daycare, I can't justify upgrading simply to play a game. The earliest that would come is when the kids are old enough to play games with me, and that won't be for a few years.

This Polygon feature was great! Amazing that his kids don't have any problems; they really beat the odds.

Arise, thead! A PC port may finally be happening. Red Dead Redemption For PC Appears on Windows Website

As spotted by the watchful eyes of Reddit, Red Dead Redemption has appeared on Microsoft's Windows Compatibility Center, a site that "lists thousands of the most popular apps and devices to help you easily identify what will or won't work with various versions of Windows," according to its FAQ. The site also states that in order to be listed, software must be submitted by a proper representative of the publisher, along with information allowing Microsoft to verify its legitimacy.

I'll believe it when it's confirmed by Rockstar, and if it is, I'll keep my fingers crossed that the port doesn't suck.

That said, I can't help but be hopeful, even though it would be 4 years later than it should've been.