\m/(~_~)\m/ Bring the Metal! \m/(~_~)\m/

Oh man, 2012 is starting out with a bang! In January we're getting a double-headliner In Flames/Trivium tour, and in February Children of Bodom with support from Revocation! That's like a who's who of bands I'd love to see!

The only problem is that the Bodom show is two days after our next child is supposed to arrive. Not super sure what I'm going to do about that. Possibly beg my mom to cover for me for a few hours?

This is for any old-school Sepultura fans - a live gig of Max and Igor's current band, Cavalera Conspiracy, performing Troops of Doom with Max's son Igor Jr. on drums.

Fedaykin98 wrote:

Oh man, 2012 is starting out with a bang! In January we're getting a double-headliner In Flames/Trivium tour, and in February Children of Bodom with support from Revocation! That's like a who's who of bands I'd love to see!

The only problem is that the Bodom show is two days after our next child is supposed to arrive. Not super sure what I'm going to do about that. Possibly beg my mom to cover for me for a few hours?

I saw Bodom last summer.. great! That little elf can shred!

El-Producto wrote:
Fedaykin98 wrote:

Oh man, 2012 is starting out with a bang! In January we're getting a double-headliner In Flames/Trivium tour, and in February Children of Bodom with support from Revocation! That's like a who's who of bands I'd love to see!

The only problem is that the Bodom show is two days after our next child is supposed to arrive. Not super sure what I'm going to do about that. Possibly beg my mom to cover for me for a few hours?

I saw Bodom last summer.. great! That little elf can shred!

Ron Paul?

Ok I just found this thread.

oMonarca wrote:

New Lamb of God single, Ghost Walking.

It rips faces off.

Yeah I like that one.

plavonica wrote:

Ok I just found this thread.

oMonarca wrote:

New Lamb of God single, Ghost Walking.

It rips faces off.

Yeah I like that one.

The way it starts with the acoustic guitar really sets the tone. And once that snare drum gets pounded... oh sh*t. So good.

"shots fired just to numb the pain"... hmmm, hmmmmm

/headbang

Some oldschool-sounding black metal.

One-man band here. According to Encyclopaedia Metallum:

Genre:
Ambient Black Metal
Lyrical themes:
Emptiness, Suicide, Misanthropy, Coldness

As if we can understand the lyrics. Still, pretty awesome and vicious sounding imo.

Oh man, Lamb of God released the official video clip for Ghost Walking. Get your post-apocalyptic, dystopian anime like thing.... Oh man it's so cool, here.

Spoiler:

It's not a goatse.

I suddenly got the urge to play Rage.

Just got the newish Anthrax album - really like it!

Not too sure what I make of the new Nightwish album. I've never been a huge fan, but I liked the last album. I like some of what I hear on the new album, but there's a lack of melody of some sort for me. Hooks maybe. Not sure. It's interesting, to say the least, as the sound is all over the place.

Never was a Nightwish fan, and haven't heard the album, but I'm taking a guess anyway: they've been so into their movie, I could imagine the new album being too movie score like for its own good.

The new Lamb of God album is streaming free over at AOL (I know, I know).

Desolation and King Me are quite something.

jlaakso wrote:

Never was a Nightwish fan, and haven't heard the album, but I'm taking a guess anyway: they've been so into their movie, I could imagine the new album being too movie score like for its own good.

There's definitely that feel to it.

Has anyone brought up Volbeat?
Their song "A Warriors Call" has been on the late night radio here with semi-regularity.
Kind of a Rockabilly meets Metal sort of sound, with a little punk thrown in for good measure.
I'm digging it quite a bit.

Saw them live a couple of years ago. They're awesome. Booze Booze Booze Booze is a lot of fun.

Volbeat is awesome, but I haven't gotten into them. Discovered them during my free trial of XM Radio.

IMAGE(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n5qk1YwHc5I/S-zc3ebwwLI/AAAAAAAAAB4/6kfQNB37YsE/s1600/313Volbeat.png)

?

I went to see Ghost the other night, and it was a fun show. I don't think these guys have staying power, but they're a bit of a gimmick band in the first place. That said, it was a fun show, and I got turned on to a cool Toronto band in Blood Ceremony. They play Sabbath-style stoner rock, with a female vocalist who occasionally busts into flute parts for added psychedelic effect.

Swallow The Sun's new album can be streamed here http://www.inferno.fi/inferno-tarjoa...

8-string guitar. Love the low tones on this.

The stuff after 3:30 is probably some of my favorite parts. Yup, I definitely liked the second half better. Very impressive playing.

MeatMan wrote:

8-string guitar. Love the low tones on this.

Yeah, Tosin is the man. I wasn't a huge fan of the first Animals as Leaders album, but I really like the new one.

Also, the leaked tracks from the new Meshuggah album are absolutely crushing:

http://lambgoat.com/bits/6024/Meshug...
http://lambgoat.com/bits/6004/Meshug...

Definitely makes me want to dust off my 8-string.

Animals As Leaders works more as art than music for me, if that makes any sense. I enjoy watching the videos, repeatedly, enjoy watching Tosin Abasi being an alien guitar god, but I don't think I'd ever just jam the songs in my car. I don't think I'd enjoy them without the visual component.

That makes perfect sense. It's pretty much how I feel about most guitar virtuosos.

I'm really digging 3's latest album. They're note exactly metal, but they are signed to Metal Blade Records. Their first album for MB was definitely more straight forward metal than their previous records, but they've pulled back a bit from that and come back to more of their original sound, which I like because it adds more texture to their songs.

Anyway, Joey Eppard is a fantastic guitarist and they also sport a rather good drummer.

From their latest album

Joey's song "Bramfatura"

From their first MB album

YES. 3 is a great, great band.

Not exactly metal but still might be of interest in this thread. I've been listening to Tragedy on repeat tonight. I forgot how much I loved them.

Another not exactly metal band (but more so than Tragedy) that definitely should be of interest in this thread. This whole LP is an absolute rager. Possibly the pinnacle of hardcore + metal.

Actual metal this time. Current band from Bellingham/Seattle, WA.

John from DGRadio has started a new podcast called Metal Up Your Ass (with a guy named Craig, a friend of his I assume). They've recorded and uploaded two episodes this week, currently posting them at DGR's site, robotpanic.com. Only direct downloads for now, until they get stuff sorted. episode #1 - episode #2

Pretty good stuff so far with some interesting segments, such as "What would Lemmy do?" I'm definitely looking forward to future episodes and segment ideas.