Left 4 Dead 2 Catch All

That was a good game, hope we can keep on having these.

It was a good time, even on the losing side. I also hope that there will be some renewed interest.

tboon wrote:
Good times with Dimmerswitch, Mantid, and Walken tonight! Thanks for a fun game! We showed those zombies what for!

Walken getting charged off the docks at the end and Dimmer's attraction to smokers

Remember - witches like sugar!

Was a great time, but holy hell am I out of practice. Really thought we were going to all make it on the boat, in spite of our rough start, only to have it fall apart in the final 10 seconds. Walken was on the dock as tboon said to watch out for chargers, followed immediately by a charger bellow and a splash as Walken sank to his death. Then, as we were all doubled up with laughter and the boat was pulling up, tboon got punched by the final tank.

Fortunately, not into the water.

Unfortunately, it was into the side of the boat, and was enough damage to incapacitate him.

Good good times.

I may be able to fit a game in later tonight after eveyone in my house goes to sleep.

I really should play this again sometime.
But... Guild Wars 2!
Perhaps this weekend...

Ouch. But fun.

Brutal runs on all the maps, both sides. I was hearing the bots swearing a lot when stuck in the spitter's acid, potty mouths, sheesh, Zoey was the worst.

I'm going to need some people to subscribe to this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile... - It's a Titanic campaign.

Also this: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f...

Hyetal wrote:
I'm going to need some people to subscribe to this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile... - It's a Titanic campaign.

Also this: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f...

Looks pretty cool, I will check it out when I log on later today.

Definitely interested in the Titanic.

That second one might be problematic, though. FPS in a school setting... even zombie-based. That's, well,

I keep typing and deleting. Better just stop.

Wow, I totally missed L4D2 getting on Steam Workshop. I know what I'll be doing tonight instead of ME3 Multi :-p

I knew it would happen eventually. Today, thanks to RPS, I found the mod (specifically, multiple mods working together) that would make me buy L4D2 the next time it's on sale.

You don't already own L4D2?

Also, will anyone be around tonight to try some of these new maps?

complexmath wrote:
Wow, I totally missed L4D2 getting on Steam Workshop. I know what I'll be doing tonight instead of ME3 Multi :-p

I thought the same. But I am not playing ME3.

MeatMan wrote:
I knew it would happen eventually. Today, thanks to RPS, I found the mod (specifically, multiple mods working together) that would make me buy L4D2 the next time it's on sale.

That's awesome, but that stormtrooper armor is way too effective to be canon.

Manach wrote:
I thought the same. But I am not playing ME3.

Heathen! After looking at the mod list it seems like a big gating factor right now is a 500 MB size limit per mod. I guess that's preventing the addition of a lot of campaigns. I did get the improved AI though, which is a really nice addition. I still don't usually have the 1.5 hours of guaranteed playtime that's required for vs. but one can always hope.

complexmath wrote:
Manach wrote:
I thought the same. But I am not playing ME3.

Heathen! After looking at the mod list it seems like a big gating factor right now is a 500 MB size limit per mod. I guess that's preventing the addition of a lot of campaigns. I did get the improved AI though, which is a really nice addition. I still don't usually have the 1.5 hours of guaranteed playtime that's required for vs. but one can always hope.

If Burnt is on your team then chances are it will be alot shorter.

Nekroman wrote:
complexmath wrote:
Manach wrote:
I thought the same. But I am not playing ME3.

Heathen! After looking at the mod list it seems like a big gating factor right now is a 500 MB size limit per mod. I guess that's preventing the addition of a lot of campaigns. I did get the improved AI though, which is a really nice addition. I still don't usually have the 1.5 hours of guaranteed playtime that's required for vs. but one can always hope.

If Burnt is on your team then chances are it will be alot shorter.

You see, that's funny because it's true.

Looks like I finally got an earlier start at my job for this Friday. Versus match, say around 9-10 PM EST? You know you all want to!

In.

You have my machete.

This friday? I could make that.

Wish I could join you guys, I am working midnights all weekend 7pm to 7am.

Booo, I'm staying late at work tonight. If I happen to make it home in time, I'll be there!

I just remembered that my new GPU doesn't have the same incompatibility problems with L4D2 as the my old one. So if you see me online shoot me an invite. I'm currently downloading all 13 gigs.

Just be warned that it's been a while, I'm utterly green at this game again despite having played 355 hours.

I don't know if I will be home by that time but if I am online, send me an invite.

Good times. I was mainly irritated at the non-swap just because it could have been even more fun if both teams were having a hard time. ;> Definitely have to play some more soon, though.

This game is hard! I remember what to do, but my gunplay is terrible.

Feels good to play again though. We should meet up more often, even if it's for coop and not versus.

Tamren wrote:
This game is hard! I remember what to do, but my gunplay is terrible.

While I remember how frustrating it was to be shot by you--you were plenty good tonight. I think you were the best shot on either team.

Well I also spent the other 90% of the time flailing around like a tazered fish trying to deal with everything going on. The shooting aspect is not that hard for me because I've been playing other FPS games in the meantime. But the teamwork aspects have all rusted to dust. Remembering to crouch while in front, NOT crouching while at the rear. Check the roofs more...

Probably the hardest thing was controlling commons. I kept forgetting to shove and that I didn't have iron sights.

EDIT: Anyone up for some coop? I need some practice.