GWJ 360ers: trueachievements.com!

Mine is rather lame but it is Ace of Adventure for Peggle with a 2.75 TA.
My g/f will have Dr of the Peggle Arts pretty soon, I imagine. It has a TA ratio of 10.53. She is a Peggle Fiend.

trueheart78 wrote:
My best achievement: Serious Complex (Shadow Complex). Currently 3.21 ratio.

I'm just one (semi-) short Insane playthrough away from this one!

NSMike wrote:
Mine is Orb Hunter in Crackdown, at 3.43.

Ugh, collection quests!

adam.greenbrier wrote:
Best TrueAchievement Ratios: Payback from The Orange Box

I don't have Orange Box, but it looks like the achievements are very nickle-and-dimey. As in, the opposite of Avatar.

Working the Land, Red Faction: Guerrilla -- 5.31
If i recall that's from getting all the ore deposits.

Six of my top 7 (TA ratio) are from getting 1000/1000 on Assassin's Creed. God damn flags. I should be allowed to spank Jade Raymond for that design decision, or just because I'd like to.

Personal Vendetta (Assassin's Creed) - 2.77
Keeper of the Four Gospels (Assassin's Creed) - 2.73
Keeper of the Crescent (Assassin's Creed) - 2.68
Keeper of the Lions Passant (Assassin's Creed) - 2.68
Lord of the Strings (Rock Band) - 2.54
Keeper of the Black Cross (Assassin's Creed) - 2.49
Keeper of the Order (Assassin's Creed) - 2.48

Top for score was:

Little Sister Savior (BioShock) - 129

Sent in my request, although I am not sure why do I even bother, with my measly ~3,300.

The impostor spy used cars salesman guy from True Lies wrote:
I have a small dick... It's pathetic!!

Clemenstation wrote:
adam.greenbrier wrote:
Best TrueAchievement Ratios: Payback from The Orange Box

I don't have Orange Box, but it looks like the achievements are very nickle-and-dimey. As in, the opposite of Avatar.

Absolutely. It's partly through necessity, as each of the package's individual games has its own set of Achievements. I'm impressed, though, that each game has a nice variety of Achievements. One side effect of this is that some Achievements that would normally net you a hundred or so points in another game (like a typical "find all of X" Achievement) are worth a lot less here (30 or so points).

Clemenstation wrote:
Ugh, collection quests!

I also found all of the agility orbs in Crackdown, as well as all the flags and Templars in Assassin's Creed. I'm like an ass-backwards completionist. I finish the pointless achievements and don't finish the ones that actually require gameplay.

On another note, the MOMENT that I found the very last agility orb after searching up and down in that game for three days, I go to jump up the building for it, and my 360's DVD drive takes a crap and I have to wait a month for my replacement 360 to get it.

Clemenstation wrote:
trueheart78 wrote:
My best achievement: Serious Complex (Shadow Complex). Currently 3.21 ratio.

I'm just one (semi-) short Insane playthrough away from this one!

Then get to it, already! I just wish the 4% playthrough actually gave achievement points!

trueheart78 wrote:
Nei's list is pretty sick. 7.11!?

I find this one odd (Revolutionary Achievement) because it's really easy one to get. You pretty much get it by simply playing the game. Granted, most of the Guerrilla Actions repeat over and over... but I found them fun. I mean, I like when things go boom!

Wow, I forgot about this one: Ultimate Rider / MotoGP 07 - 100 / 415

slik@ta wrote:
To attain this achievement you need to do the following;

No.1 seed
Win Champion season on both Grand Prix and Extreme
Win Legend season on both Grand Prix and Extreme
Complete all 18 track checklists
Win gold on all 54 challenges

It does not matter which order you complete these in.

I find this one odd (Revolutionary Achievement) because it's really easy one to get. You pretty much get it by simply playing the game.

I suspect this one is so high at the moment because the game is relatively new.

Best Achievement Game 100% complete (Lego Star Wars II) I played this game to many hours with my son. He will still ask me to play it with him from time to time.

Best TA Ratio Hendrix Reborn 3.11 ratio.

NSMike wrote:
I find this one odd (Revolutionary Achievement) because it's really easy one to get. You pretty much get it by simply playing the game.

I suspect this one is so high at the moment because the game is relatively new.

Maybe... but then again, we are getting into the Autumn game-rush! To make things even worse, Q1 of 2010 looks crowded as well.

ragin_redneck wrote:
Best TA Ratio Hendrix Reborn 3.11 ratio.

I gotta know... do you actually know someone who's a lefty, or did you go out of your way to get this?

My best TA ratio is Criterion Elite in Burnout Paradise, with 3.34.

My best TA score is Elite, also in Burnout Paradise, worth 213 (70 GS).

Now to get Criterion Elite you'll necessarily have Elite, as well as other accomplishments, meaning Criterion Elite is at least as rare but probably rarer than Elite. But because it's only worth 20 GS its TA score is lower than Elite.

Anyway, putting away my handbag, I'd like to see some graphs plotting the distributions of TA ratios or scores for all achievements, and have the ability to overlay friends' distributions for comparison. See who is getting higher ratio/rarer cheevos, if you're fairly even distributed, things like that.

Best TA ratios are:

  • 4.67 Statesman of Catan: the wife and I played a *lot* of Catan for the first year it was out
  • 4.08 Virtuoso: why didn't more people complete the Vocal Expert career on Rock Band?
  • 3.96 Summa Cum Laude: I do like me some rhythm action.

My best is Head of State from Fallout 3 at 1.27. Too bad the same page tells you how to cheat and get it for free.

My best raw score is The New Hero from Fable 2.

tanstaafl wrote:
My best is Head of State from Fallout 3 at 1.27. Too bad the same page tells you how to cheat and get it for free. :(

That's messed up. Really, Bethesda? Basically type 'unlock achievement' at the console?

I'm embarrassed to say my top TA achievement is for completing 30 years of franchise in Madden 2006. That was an afternoon of reading while occasionally skipping a menu.

My top TA Ratio is Unchained Melody in Poker Smash, with a value of 4.34.

The rest of my top 5 for ratio scores are all from Lumines. I got pretty damn good at that game.

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
Six of my top 7 (TA ratio) are from getting 1000/1000 on Assassin's Creed. God damn flags. I should be allowed to spank Jade Raymond for that design decision, or just because I'd like to.

It's funny you mention this, because I would assume the same would be true for me (since I did 1000/1000 on AC as well), but it's not. In fact, my top 20 list is far and away dominated by fighting games, with a spattering of Mass Effect. AC doesn't even show up at all, which disappoints.

My best achievement: Key to the City (GTA 4). 100 GS, but 338 TA. This one did take quite a while to get, though it was fun.

Best TrueAchievement Ratios: Technical Fighter (Street Fighter 4). Ratio of 5.33, and I'm honestly not surprised, I imagine very few people would have the dedication to go through Dhalsim's trials, let alone all the trials. Some of these were so frustrating as to be a danger to the health of my controller.

Oh yeah, 3 of my top 7 are all from Virtua Fighter 5. So close to 100% on that game, and yet so very far.

Best Achievement Ratio: Ball Madness in Pinball FX (6.77). That one surprised me. My next best ratio is 2.96 which is for a Raiden Fighters Aces achievement. Given how popular Pinball FX was, I'm shocked this one seems to be so rare. Interestingly, Giant Bomb's achievement rarity tracker shows this one as uncommon but not rare.

My best score...umm...I plead the 5th on that one.

Clemenstation wrote:
tanstaafl wrote:
My best is Head of State from Fallout 3 at 1.27. Too bad the same page tells you how to cheat and get it for free. :(

That's messed up. Really, Bethesda? Basically type 'unlock achievement' at the console?

You have no idea how tempted I am to use it. I didn't get the "Scientific Pursuits" achievement for completing that quest, and then still had to deal with Liam Neeson talking down to me like he's King Sh*t. I'll get it on another playthrough, though.

Clemenstation wrote:
tanstaafl wrote:
My best is Head of State from Fallout 3 at 1.27. Too bad the same page tells you how to cheat and get it for free. :(

That's messed up. Really, Bethesda? Basically type 'unlock achievement' at the console?

As much as I understand why they put achievements on GFWL, I think it opens up the opportunity for too much gaming of the system. I mean, Fallout 3 is a game that is intended to be modded, by design. And there are lots of games like it, which means there are tons of ways for PC users to easily hack/mod their way to achievements.

This doesn't really fall into that category, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw games in the future where people put out mods explicitly for the purpose of farming achievements. Hello TF2 anyone?

Leaderboard is up to 80 folks. We're one of the larger private leaderboards now. I've had quite a few people from off the boards try to get added, reasoning that because they work at Taco Bell and have a job, they meet the criteria.

Of course most of them have gigantic gamerscores and would immediately shrink our collective e-peen by comparison, so they were denied.

Clemenstation wrote:
Leaderboard is up to 80 folks. We're one of the larger private leaderboards now. I've had quite a few people from off the boards try to get added, reasoning that because they work at Taco Bell and have a job, they meet the criteria.

Of course most of them have gigantic gamerscores and would immediately shrink our collective e-peen by comparison, so they were denied.

Good job keeping the riff-raff out

i also think that 'gigantic' should be officially redefined as 'bigger than mine'.

Clemenstation wrote:
tanstaafl wrote:
My best is Head of State from Fallout 3 at 1.27. Too bad the same page tells you how to cheat and get it for free. :(

That's messed up. Really, Bethesda? Basically type 'unlock achievement' at the console?

I'm happy to say that despite knowing you could do this I got all achievements (including the stuff for the DLC) on the PC version WITHOUT resorting to nefarious console cheats. The problem of course is no one's going to actually believe you if you say that, thanks to it being stupidly easy to cheat

Do you have an example of these gigantic scores? I'm just curious what these people who work at Taco Bell get in terms of GS.

Ok, let's see here...

Best TA - Aces High (Mercenaries 2) 3.91.
Best score - 100 wins (Shadowrun) 258

Probably the one I'm most proud of is Zombie Genocidist. That's a whole lot of dead zombies.

Best Score :Master Ninja - Inflict one hundred mortal wounds with the Katana. (Secret) (Shadowrun 297)

Best TA: Troll Player -Play as a Troll for one hundred games (Shadowrun 3.44)

You know, I just realized the lot of you have a total score higher than my highest possible score.

Hi folks. I guess I can say I'm on the list? My best achievement is a mediocre-at-best 1.83 from Forza 2. Perhaps this will serve as motivation to get off my duff and use the 360 once I get it out of storage. At 77th out of 80, there's really only room to improve