GWJ 360ers: trueachievements.com!

Grats HoneyCut, that's awesome!

I had a great time doing the GTASC last year... but.

I may have to pass on the A team this year.

I'll be good for the start of the year, until February, but once Uni heads back my game time is going to drop to about 5 hours a week which will be more of a liability than would be helpful, and I don't want to drag us down over the long haul. If you still want me on the team, knowing that, I'd be down, but if you can get a more consistent player in my slot then grab them and ride that pony to glory!

Bonus, Saint Faucet, if you guys want to hop in my space, by all means do! And if the Dandies will have me, I'd be happy to be relegated to the 'second division'

I'm guessing Dandies will be looking for new blood anyway, given Clocky's Console Purge this year

I'm interested in being in the contest again. I think most of the folks on my team are planning to retire from any future GTASC. I still don't understand how some of those teams were easily putting up 26,000 TA a week. I can only assume they're some kind of alchemist.

I'll have to look over Planting's post about the three different team tiers and figure out what the hell it all means.

honeycut1 wrote:

I'm interested in being in the contest again. I think most of the folks on my team are planning to retire from any future GTASC. I still don't understand how some of those teams were easily putting up 26,000 TA a week. I can only assume they're some kind of alchemist.

I'll have to look over Planting's post about the three different team tiers and figure out what the hell it all means.

I like the way they are spreading out the league this year.

But the Hannah Montana and pony grooming games are used up already!

Clemenstation wrote:

But the Hannah Montana and pony grooming games are used up already!

That alone means I won't be able to contribute nearly as much to any future team!

Clemenstation wrote:

But the Hannah Montana and pony grooming games are used up already!

You have no idea how much crap is floating around in my pile still (Truth or Lies, or UDraw Pictionary anyone?)

I picked up copies of Monopoly Streets and Hasbro Game Night for $5 each last week. No clue how what the speed of their cheevo-earning potential is, but they're being saved for the GTASC.

Leaderboard is set to completion % this week.

Leaderboard is set to total TA this week.

I didn't realize we needed to create accounts on the GTASC site for the 2013 competition. I tried setting up an account and am now waiting for the reader to look at my Xbox profile for that code they generated.

I thought this was interesting: Xbox360Achievements.org to design achievement/trophy list for GRID 2. I'm curious to see what achievement aficionados do when they're given the opportunity to design achievements themselves.

Hey gang, to bump on the below, both DrJekl and I have been doing some Black Friday shopping in anticipation of GTASC this year - and right now the only one to PM me confirmed interest is Bonus. Monkey is thinking that he is probably not going to go full bore A-team this year, so i believe we still have two open spots. Take a look at the below and PM me if interested! (SaintFaucet posted interest, but I just want to confirm he is down with the below).

SallyNasty wrote:

Hey gang, GTASC 2013 just opened up and I would like to put together a team to play! We almost made it to the top 50 last year - and would love to go even further this year. I am going into this with the intention of clearing my pile, as this will probably be the last year of the 360(I bet the 720 is out xmas of next year).

Right now it is DrJekl and I, with an invite out to M0nkeyBoy. Would love two more knuckleheads for Certis is Awesome 2013. Ideal candidates are -

A) Open to co-op! We didn't do that much of this last year, and I think we would have gone further had we done more.
2) Central or Eastern-timezone in North America! (Makes it easier to co-op)
III) Willing to play terrible games for TA points:)
Q) There is no Q.

Please PM me/post here if interested!

I'm interested but I may be a better candidate for the Dandies again. I'll jump to the A-team if 2 other brave souls don't step forward.

Just fair warning that I'll be out on vacation January 10-14 (thanks to agreeing to a second go at the Disney World 1/2 marathon). Plus I'm typically locked out of Tuesday and Wednesday nights for co-op possibilities (thanks to a board game group and a Pathfinder game respectively).

What were you guys thinking of for co-op/boosting games?

SaintFaucet wrote:

I'm interested but I may be a better candidate for the Dandies again. I'll jump to the A-team if 2 other brave souls don't step forward.

Just fair warning that I'll be out on vacation January 10-14 (thanks to agreeing to a second go at the Disney World 1/2 marathon). Plus I'm typically locked out of Tuesday and Wednesday nights for co-op possibilities (thanks to a board game group and a Pathfinder game respectively).

What were you guys thinking of for co-op/boosting games?

I've got N+, Castle Crashers, Ghostbusters, Bioshock 2, Syndicate, Red Dead Redemption, and probably a few others. Also have GH2, GH3, RB1, and RB2, but my guitar was broken over a year ago, so I'll need to get a new one. Actually, there are a couple guitars, mics, and a drum set in the break room at work, so maybe I can figure out who to borrow those from. If I get an Arduino for Christmas, I'm building a robot to play those for me.

I'm interested in a B-team spot.

As with 2012, I don't anticipate being a Gamerscore-machine, but I'm in for the fun. I think I ended up pulling my weight on the Dandies, albeit that the Dandies were never serious contenders.

I need to reclaim my copy of Ghostbusters from my future brother-in-law. Did they ever fix the multiplayer cheevos on it?

Jonman wrote:

I think I ended up pulling my weight on the Dandies, albeit that the Dandies were never serious contenders.

No one can say we Dandies didn't keep it interesting right up to our second actual final elimination.

SaintFaucet wrote:

I need to reclaim my copy of Ghostbusters from my future brother-in-law. Did they ever fix the multiplayer cheevos on it?

Jonman wrote:

I think I ended up pulling my weight on the Dandies, albeit that the Dandies were never serious contenders.

No one can say we Dandies didn't keep it interesting right up to our second actual final elimination.

My birthday is on a Monday this year, so at least we won't lose on my actual birthday again.

I'm interested on being on either team. I can't guarantee I'll be a huge scorer (went through a chunk of my easy games) but it could be fun.

honeycut1 wrote:

I'm interested on being on either team. I can't guarantee I'll be a huge scorer (went through a chunk of my easy games) but it could be fun.

Sounds cool. I would just really like to break the top 50 this year, and we were pretty close last year already.

Is it still teams of five or is it four this year? I recall reading four somewhere.

Down for a B team berth.

EDIT
Yep, here we go. Only teams of 4 and 3 this year.

http://www.gtasc.net/2013.php

A-Team:
Sally, DrJekl, Bonus and HoneyCut

B-Team
Jonman, SaintFaucet, m0nk3yboy, *one more needed*

Sound about right so far?

Why the switch to four-man teams?

ClockworkHouse wrote:

Why the switch to four-man teams?

I can only assume that it was because of the insane amounts of points required to stay in the game in the last weeks. Actually 4 sounds much better than 5.

SallyNasty wrote:
ClockworkHouse wrote:

Why the switch to four-man teams?

I can only assume that it was because of the insane amounts of points required to stay in the game in the last weeks. Actually 4 sounds much better than 5.

I think some of the high profile 4 person 'teams' took on Random 5th members and got screwed royally (conduct that ended in elimination/disqualification) last season too. I'm guessing the change could be due to that too.

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
SaintFaucet wrote:

I'm interested but I may be a better candidate for the Dandies again. I'll jump to the A-team if 2 other brave souls don't step forward.

Just fair warning that I'll be out on vacation January 10-14 (thanks to agreeing to a second go at the Disney World 1/2 marathon). Plus I'm typically locked out of Tuesday and Wednesday nights for co-op possibilities (thanks to a board game group and a Pathfinder game respectively).

What were you guys thinking of for co-op/boosting games?

I've got N+, Castle Crashers, Ghostbusters, Bioshock 2, Syndicate, Red Dead Redemption, and probably a few others. Also have GH2, GH3, RB1, and RB2, but my guitar was broken over a year ago, so I'll need to get a new one. Actually, there are a couple guitars, mics, and a drum set in the break room at work, so maybe I can figure out who to borrow those from. If I get an Arduino for Christmas, I'm building a robot to play those for me.

I forgot to mention, I also have Bulletstorm(PC), Catan, Ticket to Ride, and Carcassone for MP.

I'd join in if there were a C team but think I'd drag you down otherwise. Trying to expand my friends list though so will be sending out some Xbox FR to you guys.

Just thinking about my pile, if we can get one more for the Dandies, I have quite a few 10-15 hour games sitting in it, and few sub 10 that will give up Cheevs easily.

I also have (for quick score):
Clean up on Truth or Lies
Fallout 3 on PC
Mini Ninjas GFWL
Sonic's MegaDrive collection
U-Draw Pictionary
Many Kinect titles
Eleventy billion other games to draw from

If nothing else, the pile will take a dent. Might post I that thread too, see if anyone wants to use this a de-pile motivator.

Docjoe wrote:

I'd join in if there were a C team but think I'd drag you down otherwise. Trying to expand my friends list though so will be sending out some Xbox FR to you guys.

As long as you put a few runs on the board each week, you'd be a good candidate for the rag-tag B-Team. Just checked, doesn't look like you have a TA account, so I can't check, oh noes!

I'm actually really bummed out about not being in the A-Team, partly because it was so much fun last year, but mostly through the realization that next year is going to have very little time for gaming once my studies kick into high gear

That sadness is being offsite mainly through the anticipated fun factor of team B participation

Hey HoneyCut / Bonus - pm me your email if you are for sure in for GTASC 2013. I will do the application this weekend:)

Bonus, I might have yours already - but just to be sure.

SallyNasty wrote:

Hey HoneyCut / Bonus - pm me your email if you are for sure in for GTASC 2013. I will do the application this weekend:)

Bonus, I might have yours already - but just to be sure.

Good luck guys! Sally, if you want to run with last year's banner, let me know and I'll shoot you the URL.