10 things I learned today
After 24hrs of home ownership, this is what I have learned so far:
1) Replacing a deadbolt and door lock is not as hard as I made it out to be
2) Cleaning a fridge takes 2+ hours (and I'm not even done)
3) The guy at the Subway near my house has never heard of a Kia Soul
4) Sweeping a garage and cleaning it up is rewarding. Realizing afterwards you don't own a dustpan is not.
5) After watching a video on Youtube on how to install a dishwasher I no longer want to attempt it myself
6) The people on the DIY channels make this crap look easy!
7) Lowes is evil and can suck a bank account dry if you are not careful!
8) The sink I want is going to cost more than I care to spend on it
9) The fear I had looking at a wall of toilet seats was gone once the guy from Lowes let me know they are either round or oblong and that's it
10) Despite me wanting some awesome lock for the doors that I can punch in a combination to or put my thumb on, they just are not cost effective.
The GF had plans for the day so I was by myself for the 8 hrs I spent in the house. Not knowing much about a LOT of crap I need to do, I successfully cleaned a freezer to look like new, replaced 2 out of the 3 door locks and deadbolts, and replaced a toilet seat. I really wanted to get the 3rd door done but thanks to an absolute downpour (thunder, lightning, the works!) I was not able to get it done. Fun stuff so far though but soooo long to go hehe