Show us your desk, office or gaming space!

ukickmydog wrote:

I hear all! And the bottle is the little waterless hand soap stuff. I imagine that would sting a little... :shock:

"Oh baby, make it hurt so good." ?

It took "only" three months to get that Ned Stark print. It took SIX months to get the 2009 calendar, thought. It was an utter disaster for Dabel Bros Publishing. On a positive note, I got my calendar signed by GRRM himself, though.

ukickmydog wrote:
PandaEskimo wrote:
CptGlanton wrote:
LouZiffer wrote:

Mmm... girl scout cookies.

Now I can actually taste the thin mints. Thanks a lot!

You're not going to do it? Fine, I'll point out the lotion / soap in the first picture.

Why the four speakers if they're all going to be in front of you? Is this the secret to your TF2 skills?

I hear all! And the bottle is the little waterless hand soap stuff. I imagine that would sting a little... :shock:

Wow... a picture's worth a thousand words. Too bad I don't want to hear a bunch of em.

Here's the computer room in the house we moved into not long ago:

IMAGE(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_iaEvTanJNS4/StKjgTCQ00I/AAAAAAAABt4/9rUSrbks3lo/s800/computer%20room%201.jpg)

IMAGE(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_iaEvTanJNS4/StKjg-VpNGI/AAAAAAAABt8/REQenX7f3BI/s800/computer%20room%202.jpg)

And the living room with soon to be replace tv and stereo stand:

IMAGE(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_iaEvTanJNS4/StKjhuGt3qI/AAAAAAAABuA/v_8SNWligz0/s800/_MG_0461.JPG)

General Crespin wrote:
FlamingPeasant wrote:

Crespin: On the wall to the left of my monitor is a lego triptych of Vader's redemption. I should get out more.

Ahh, so that's what is is. And you didn't even mention the DL-44 you got hiding back there. ;)

Blastech makes good stuff, it still works!

Mrtomaytohead, I really like how you've done the photos with the distortion and framing. Are you using special stitching software and a wide angle lens or are you just that awesome?

PandaEskimo wrote:

Mrtomaytohead, I really like how you've done the photos with the distortion and framing. Are you using special stitching software and a wide angle lens or are you just that awesome?

Using a Sigma 17-55mm lens on a Rebel XT in a 'cozy' room. I used Autostich to put them together which is a free download. I wish I would think to frame the shots.

If you look closely at the second computer room shot you can see a variance in the light levels and that the left side of the monitor is smudged as it turned off between one shot and the next.

Also note the blue painters tape on the switch that powers the computer. In our first week of occupying the house we hit the switch 3 times. Tape follwed immediately after the third time.

mrtomaytohead wrote:

Using a Sigma 17-55mm lens on a Rebel XT in a 'cozy' room. I used Autostich to put them together which is a free download. I wish I would think to frame the shots.

Cool, I'm going to give that a try for my pics of Mt. Rainier.

Quintin_Stone wrote:
mrtomaytohead wrote:

Using a Sigma 17-55mm lens on a Rebel XT in a 'cozy' room. I used Autostich to put them together which is a free download. I wish I would think to frame the shots.

Cool, I'm going to give that a try for my pics of Mt. Rainier.

Just a warning, the interface is very spartan and it can give out some funny results if something is just a bit off, but it generally works great.

Mine looks like a pile of filth and debris with a monitor peeking out and a controller buried somewhere. No one wants to see that. How this much paper and drinking glasses accumulate so quickly is beyond me.

Amoebic wrote:

Mine looks like a pile of filth and debris with a monitor peeking out and a controller buried somewhere. No one wants to see that. How this much paper and drinking glasses accumulate so quickly is beyond me.

Yea, you'd think that noone wants to see your mess, but we really all do.

[size=1]even if it's just to find bottles of lotion and boxes of tissues[/size]

AnimeJ wrote:
Amoebic wrote:

Mine looks like a pile of filth and debris with a monitor peeking out and a controller buried somewhere. No one wants to see that. How this much paper and drinking glasses accumulate so quickly is beyond me.

Yea, you'd think that noone wants to see your mess, but we really all do.

[size=1]even if it's just to find bottles of lotion and boxes of tissues[/size]

As I mentioned previously, I am severely disappointed my the number of incriminating things that were found in these photos. The only way to fix this, since I think we've all looked good and hard at the pictures, is to have more pictures to look through. The more things on your desk the better chances we have of you not seeing something incriminating.

My desktop setup:
IMAGE(http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/08/Michael_Zenke_s_Desktop_Setup.jpg)

My console setup:
IMAGE(http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/08/Michael_Zenke_s_Gaming_Room.jpg)

Give it up Zonk, we can all tell these photos have been doctored to remove incriminating evidence.

AnimeJ wrote:
Amoebic wrote:

Mine looks like a pile of filth and debris with a monitor peeking out and a controller buried somewhere. No one wants to see that. How this much paper and drinking glasses accumulate so quickly is beyond me.

Yea, you'd think that noone wants to see your mess, but we really all do.

[size=1]even if it's just to find bottles of lotion and boxes of tissues[/size]

I'm more interested to know what's she's doing with the tissues and lotion. My guess is blowing her nose and fighting dry elbows.

Prozac wrote:

Give it up Zonk, we can all tell these photos have been doctored to remove incriminating evidence. :D

I will admit, I may have tidied up the place before taking those photos.

mrtomaytohead wrote:

Here's the computer room in the house we moved into not long ago:

And the living room with soon to be replace tv and stereo stand:

Hello fellow Nintendo fanboy.

Michael Zenke wrote:
Prozac wrote:

Give it up Zonk, we can all tell these photos have been doctored to remove incriminating evidence. :D

I will admit, I may have tidied up the place before taking those photos. :D

You probably hid all the cool Free Realms card game artwork. My evil plans to acquire knowledge of the next digital card expansion have been ruined! I'll get you next time, Gadget!

Michael Zenke wrote:
Prozac wrote:

Give it up Zonk, we can all tell these photos have been doctored to remove incriminating evidence. :D

I will admit, I may have tidied up the place before taking those photos. :D

And added symmetry with well placed controllers?

mrwynd wrote:

Hello fellow Nintendo fanboy.

Guilty as charged!

When I got married the household went to 2 Gamecubes and 2 DS-es, along with the other not pictured portables; an original gray Gameboy and a Gameboy Advance SP.
The Xbox was mine, and PS2 was hers. I only have 5 games (3 are racing) on the Xbox, while I have more than 20 for the Gamecube.

Captain_Arrrg wrote:
AnimeJ wrote:
Amoebic wrote:

Mine looks like a pile of filth and debris with a monitor peeking out and a controller buried somewhere. No one wants to see that. How this much paper and drinking glasses accumulate so quickly is beyond me.

Yea, you'd think that no one wants to see your mess, but we really all do.

[size=1]even if it's just to find bottles of lotion and boxes of tissues[/size]

I'm more interested to know what's she's doing with the tissues and lotion. My guess is blowing her nose and fighting dry elbows.

This is amusingly accurate. My elbows are pretty dry. Please don't trample the rhodies under my window on your way out.

Edit for photo. This seems really cluttered, but keep in mind that I went from keeping all my stuff in a 1000sf house with two other people to a 8x10 room. There's 4x6 foot standing space in this space, and my whole life is pretty much on this desk or in storage.

For Captain_Arrg's and AnimeJ's sake, the tissues are the blue box on the right, and the lotion is between the pepto and the shot glass with the blown glass duck head in it.

IMAGE(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2555/4013018569_fcdf037398_b.jpg)
(original size here)

NSMike wrote:

Good lord, you people are fire hazards.

Definitely a fire hazard.

I'd probably sit down, have something fall in my lap from the desk, screech as I lost my sanity from looking at the pile of crap day after day, and then burn the house down trying to set fire to just the desk and all the crap it's buried under

Good lord, you people are fire hazards.

EDIT: Wait, is that a random bottle of soy sauce up there? Do you chug that in between chugs of the Pepto, or what?

Amoebic wrote:

the lotion is between the pepto and the shot glass with the blown glass duck head in it.

A shot glass, some lotion and a bottle of Pepto. Sounds like the ingredients for a wild night.

Amoebic, how do you get your audio from the 360 to your computer speakers?

Amoebic wrote:

This is amusingly accurate. My elbows are pretty dry.

Pro-tip: skip the lotion. Go get some Carmex and use that on your elbows once or twice per day. Yeah, Carmex, the medicated lip balm stuff. Trust me on this one.

Parchment paper? Parchment paper!?

PandaEskimo wrote:

Parchment paper? Parchment paper!?

Sometimes it is just better not to ask.

I am scared to think what the rest of Amo's house looks like.

That desk is pretty cluttered. Sort of looks like a cluttered attic, or garage, or OH NO!!! IMAGE(http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/8827/deskbox.jpg)
What's in the box?!?! Nooooooooo!

Montalban wrote:

That desk is pretty cluttered. Sort of looks like a cluttered attic, or garage, or OH NO!!!
What's in the box?!?! Nooooooooo!

Uh oh, don't ask. My wife has a little box that looks like that, and it's grandpa's ashes.