Global Agenda Catch-all

I opened up Steam and saw this is now $29.99 regular price. They keep dropping the price it seems, I'm pretty sure last week this game was $39.99 on sale for $29.99. I don't mind, next sale will probably put it at the $15 range, which I would be pretty happy with, especially without the subscription fees now.

I wonder if they're just not selling enough at all, even with all the continued work going into it.

Is there a GWJ agency? I just picked this up.

I am really hoping they come up with something to rekindle my own clan's interest in this. The summer doldroms is finally passing and I might actually have clanmates to play with as winter approaches.

It's still fun (when I actually, ya know, play), but it needs a little oomph. I'm crossing my fingers for larger scale PvP combat. Which is what I wanted in the first place (say, 50v50 or something).

I thought they have open world pvp zones now. And i want to say that they are supposed to be 40v40 or 50v50?

I picked this up in February but now have returned. It's still rough around the edges, but there's nothing else like it out there. I'm having a great time healing team mates with my gun and grenades; plus a jet pack, I'm sold.

The fact this is in the MMO Junction illustrates one of the problems of this game. It's just down to expectations. Labelled as an MMO, it's pretty poor (one open zone, no more points past 30 etc). However, if you drop that and realise its a shooter with MMO elements, it's a fricking AWESOME SHOOTER. No other even remotely comes close to the progression and an over arching war going on - with exception of course of the venerated Planetside.

I really recommend anyone who likes sci-fi shooters, or just want something to play with friends (co-op is great fun) to give this one another / first time try. We really need to be encouraging these smaller developer / self publishing houses who have these innovative ideas!

The Tribes Universe (or whatever they are calling it), is going to be a great seguway (sp) from this.
I love GA, and the Sandstorm (or whatever its called) is a cool addition that gives it more of an MMO feel.

Just bought this on Steam. Anybody still playing?

I am a bit, I bought it a few weeks ago from D2D

I picked this up cheap as hell and every time I boot it up I play for like 20 minutes then realize that there are like 50,000,000 other games in my pile with similar but much more refined gameplay so I switch to one of them. I may keep picking at this game in 30 minute increments but I don't see any longevity with it.

I got this for my brother and a friend, we all started at the beginning and are having a decent time in the Sonoran desert.

Quick question, is there an easier way to switch your Desert instance to your team's than going back to the Dome, or going into a mission then coming out as a team?

Rise thread! Being only ten bucks, and that ten being donated to the Japanese for the recent disaster, checking this out was a no-brainer, since I never got around to it before. Granted I've only played an hour or so but it really gives a good first impression, for a 3rd person action MMO it seems to work really well. Like the mmo feel with the action combat. Have yet to even try any pvp at my low level, but it is refreshing to play a game like this and feel an immediate sense of fun.

AcidCat wrote:
Rise thread! Being only ten bucks, and that ten being donated to the Japanese for the recent disaster, checking this out was a no-brainer, since I never got around to it before.

True enough. I was going to wait for a ridiculously low price so I wouldn't feel guilty if I never played it, but $10 + the cause is good enough for me. What's your friend name, AcidCat?

cyrax wrote:
AcidCat wrote:
Rise thread! Being only ten bucks, and that ten being donated to the Japanese for the recent disaster, checking this out was a no-brainer, since I never got around to it before.

True enough. I was going to wait for a ridiculously low price so I wouldn't feel guilty if I never played it, but $10 + the cause is good enough for me. What's your friend name, AcidCat?

Where are you seeing it for 10 bucks?

karmajay wrote:
cyrax wrote:
AcidCat wrote:
Rise thread! Being only ten bucks, and that ten being donated to the Japanese for the recent disaster, checking this out was a no-brainer, since I never got around to it before.

True enough. I was going to wait for a ridiculously low price so I wouldn't feel guilty if I never played it, but $10 + the cause is good enough for me. What's your friend name, AcidCat?

Where are you seeing it for 10 bucks?

At the GA website.

cyrax wrote:
AcidCat wrote:
Rise thread! Being only ten bucks, and that ten being donated to the Japanese for the recent disaster, checking this out was a no-brainer, since I never got around to it before.

True enough. I was going to wait for a ridiculously low price so I wouldn't feel guilty if I never played it, but $10 + the cause is good enough for me. What's your friend name, AcidCat?

Friend name? My GA name is also AcidCat if that's what you mean?

You can actually go cheaper than $10 for this. It's $9.95 at Direct2Drive and this weekend's "specwar5" coupon will knock it down to $7.96. There are also apparently buddy-code coupons that can be entered when purchasing at the official site that make it even cheaper if you have access to one.

EDIT: Confirming that with a coupon code posted on CAG I was able to purchase it from the main Global Agenda site for $4.99.

Yeah, I found those CAG codes and I was also able to purchase it for $5. Good deal!

I'm not sure if this is kosher, but here are the coupon codes for those interested, 50% off at Global Agenda's Page:

CAG Codes wrote:

GACOU268234580601
GACOU268234580600
GACOU268234557830
GACOU268234556673
GACOU268234557833
GACOU268234556572
GACOU268234556734
GACOU268234556501

This title went free to play effective today. Existing owners are now set to "Elite Agent" status, which gives faster XP and more loot etc. Link to the new Free Agent FAQ here.

...aaaannd Global Agenda is now on Steam!

I don't remember why I didn't try it, I think I heard it was pvp focused? All the same, I played it a few hours and its moderately enjoyable. I like this dungeon queue system, as the dungeons take 15-30 mins and are much more fun as a team. Even though I've been the lowest level one in all my groups, everyone is so gung-ho that I always have the least deaths.

At the end of each dungeon is a big fat window of rewards. As a free player, I get a little experience and money and the rest is covered with big BUY NOW buttons. Elite players get item rewards for each dungeon run which sounds nice.

Just resurging this thread is all. The game seems quite populous but maybe it's appearance on Steam helped it out some.

It's actually had the free trial for a while now, and it's always been on Steam. But yeah, they just started advertising it along with the other F2P's.

I should jump back in a bit. It's a pretty fun game. The dungeons get a little competitive, but the TF2-style games are a lot of fun.

I grabbed it now that it's free.

Started as a medic, it's tough going solo (don't do alot of damage), but man can you ever be a force multiplier. I had no idea how to group with anyone (I wasn't getting credit for killing "bosses", not the final blow I guess), until I came across a Robotics and was healing him constantly. He shot me an invite, and along with an Assault, we completed several of the earlier missions. Keeping them alive while they did the killing was rewarding.

I think I might be up to level 15(?), I've spent 4 or 5 skill-points so far. I'm "WinkandtheGun" in game. NOt sure how permanent I'll be in there though, between EVE Online, World of Tanks, TF2 (also grabbed free so I = noob), and Global Agenda, I'm not sure yet how often I'll be in GA (not Georgia ).

I'd enjoy it more if it didn't crash to desktop every 20 minutes. Don't know what it doesn't like about my video card, but I find I have little interest in fixing it and move on to something else.

I picked this up last week and I'm finding it a blast.

  • The FPS play is solid.
  • The missions are only 15-30 minute digestible so I can get in 2-3 with a busy schedule in an evening.
  • Lower level characters are competitive, there isn't a huge power leveling curve like in some games.
  • Graphics are over the top fun.
  • It's free.

    It's nice to be able to pick up this game for an hour at night, have fun, and go to bed without feeling like I've quit in the middle of hugely important grinding. For that matter, it's nice to play a game where the "grinding" is the fun!

    I've created characters for 3 of the 4 classes and am rotating one a night, having a blast with each. If anyone wants to look me up ingame, look for Aeyrna (Aeyr on Steam). See you in missions!

  • Andon wrote:
    I'd enjoy it more if it didn't crash to desktop every 20 minutes. Don't know what it doesn't like about my video card, but I find I have little interest in fixing it and move on to something else.

    I did have to do some fiddling to be able to read any of the text in any of the pop-ups. A DX10 enabbling or something, but works fine now.

    Up to a L19 Medic and a L12-ish Robotics. Having some fun, but those annoying people that leave a High-Security (L18+ instance) the 1st time they die... grrrrr. It's pretty damn impossible to complete with only 3 guys.

    Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:
    Andon wrote:
    I'd enjoy it more if it didn't crash to desktop every 20 minutes. Don't know what it doesn't like about my video card, but I find I have little interest in fixing it and move on to something else.

    I did have to do some fiddling to be able to read any of the text in any of the pop-ups. A DX10 enabbling or something, but works fine now.

    Up to a L19 Medic and a L12-ish Robotics. Having some fun, but those annoying people that leave a High-Security (L18+ instance) the 1st time they die... grrrrr. It's pretty damn impossible to complete with only 3 guys.

    I've been playing this one for a while now too. The 1st death and leave guys drop off a bit as you get higher up but I still run into people that just don't have a clue. Just got a nice bonus last night when my agency came in 3rd place for the AVA season though. I'm having more and more fun all the time.

    In game name is: Randomtasks
    41 OC Medic and 23 Assault

    Robotics is my current favorite class (L23 so far), running High Security PUGS for now.

    Is there more than just:
    - Do all your Sonoran Desert quests
    - Run endless PUGS to get to L30 (minimum)
    - Do AvA with an Agency/Alliance
    - ?

    *edit: it worked today

    Don't forget PvP!

    Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:
    Robotics is my current favorite class (L23 so far), running High Security PUGS for now.

    Is there more than just:
    - Do all your Sonoran Desert quests
    - Run endless PUGS to get to L30 (minimum)
    - Do AvA with an Agency/Alliance
    - ?

    *edit: it worked today

    I think the raids are fun SR @30 and DDR@40. I still haven't done somethings like Double Agent etc.

    Ran up an Assault up to 18ish recently. I've been having fun with him too, so far. We'll see if I ever make up a Recon...