WoW: Cataclysm - SPOILERS WITHIN

I would not be all that surprised if they got it out ASAP. They said they wanted to release content faster.

Are folks still playing? I logged on last night at 7 p.m. server and I was the only GWJ-A member on. Granted, it was up to 8 or 9 guild folks by 8 when I logged off, but the guild channel was kind of echo-y there for a while.

The sooner, the better. I'm pretty burnt out on the current content. Yeah there are bosses that we haven't killed yet, but that's about all that's left on my to-do list. For the last 6-7 weeks, the only time I even login is on raid nights.

Enix wrote:

Are folks still playing? I logged on last night at 7 p.m. server and I was the only GWJ-A member on. Granted, it was up to 8 or 9 guild folks by 8 when I logged off, but the guild channel was kind of echo-y there for a while.

I'd say it's Summer and Rift wasn't as bad as some hoped.

Enix wrote:

Are folks still playing? I logged on last night at 7 p.m. server and I was the only GWJ-A member on. Granted, it was up to 8 or 9 guild folks by 8 when I logged off, but the guild channel was kind of echo-y there for a while.

It has been really quiet the last two months. It'll pick back up with 4.2, but until then it'll stay pretty quiet.

We are all playing LoL, Enix. Come join us until WoW gets fresh again.

ELewis17 wrote:

We are all playing LoL, Enix. Come join us until WoW gets fresh again. :)

Or you can come back to WoW and LOL at my skills.

Considering Firelands was slated for 4.1 originally, it wouldn't surprise me that it would be dropped seemingly sooner than you would expect.

Plus, they've been testing the Firelands raids on the PTRs for a while now.

Well, the word yesterday was that the current Arena Season will end June 21 -- 13 days from now. I'd say that's a near certainty that 4.2 will drop that day.

There's going to be an update of some sort -- isn't that when the midsummer festival begins?

Katy wrote:

There's going to be an update of some sort -- isn't that when the midsummer festival begins?

Oh, very good point, they'll probably want to drop Firelands right around the start of Midsummer, since it has to do with fire.

NSMike wrote:
Katy wrote:

There's going to be an update of some sort -- isn't that when the midsummer festival begins?

Oh, very good point, they'll probably want to drop Firelands right around the start of Midsummer, since it has to do with fire.

Also the lore behind Ahune, the festival boss, is that he was summoned by the Twilight's Hammer to fight Ragnaros.

Equip Fandral's Flamescythe (4.2 drop) and your feral druid becomes a fire cat while in combat. /drool

What's up with glyph prices? 30-200gp on the auction house. I know its an old server and everyone has tons of cash except me but, really?

fangblackbone wrote:

What's up with glyph prices? 30-200gp on the auction house. I know its an old server and everyone has tons of cash except me but, really?

Prices seem to get inflated every now and then by farmers or people trying to corner the market. Everyone else just undercuts them so it takes a while for prices to come back down to reasonable levels. When I've been selling glyphs I've often seen a ton of glyphs that usually sell for ~30g listed for 200g. If you're in the guild, you're better off getting someone to make you glyphs, the actual material costs for most of them are pretty low.

Not specifically Cata-related, but HOLY CRAP USEFUL.

You see, you install this...

http://ontopreplica.codeplex.com/

And you can do this:

http://i.imgur.com/SGVPo.png

muttonchop wrote:
fangblackbone wrote:

What's up with glyph prices? 30-200gp on the auction house. I know its an old server and everyone has tons of cash except me but, really?

Prices seem to get inflated every now and then by farmers or people trying to corner the market. Everyone else just undercuts them so it takes a while for prices to come back down to reasonable levels. When I've been selling glyphs I've often seen a ton of glyphs that usually sell for ~30g listed for 200g. If you're in the guild, you're better off getting someone to make you glyphs, the actual material costs for most of them are pretty low.

It's not so much this as it is demand; some glyphs are more popular, ergo more pricy. As folks see prices drop as the market floods and empties, other folks will set in with higher fallback prices, and the price will go back up. Inflation's been a big part of this though, as fang points out.

That shaman sounds like Cookie Monster.

NSMike wrote:

Not specifically Cata-related, but HOLY CRAP USEFUL.

You see, you install this...

http://ontopreplica.codeplex.com/

And you can do this:

http://i.imgur.com/SGVPo.png

That's quite slick, and useful for a load of things.

Scratched wrote:
NSMike wrote:

Not specifically Cata-related, but HOLY CRAP USEFUL.

You see, you install this...

http://ontopreplica.codeplex.com/

And you can do this:

http://i.imgur.com/SGVPo.png

That's quite slick, and useful for a load of things.

Yeah, that is kinda amazing!

I find it interesting that more people are interested in a windows utility than 4.2. After 4 months out of the game, I'm considering wiping my install off my external drive to free up space. It just doesn't seem to offer me anything of interest any more.

Scratched wrote:

I find it interesting that more people are interested in a windows utility than 4.2. After 4 months out of the game, I'm considering wiping my install off my external drive to free up space. It just doesn't seem to offer me anything of interest any more.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but they aren't doing something right. Perhaps its that nothing feels as huge and epic as it did in Wrath. I just don't know.

I find myself only logging in on raid nights, which wasn't the case at all back in Wrath. To be fair, I had just started my first bout of end-game content last September. So it was all still pretty fresh for me. But Cata just isn't that great, IMHO. The raids are poorly balanced; everything is basically gravy until the final bosses. The dailies are uninteresting. The world PvP zone shipped broken (TB), and AFAIK is still broken. I just can't find a reason to play when I'm not playing with my friends. The 5 mans just take too dang long. We can clear 5/6 or 3/4 in one of the raids in the amount of time it takes to run through a heroic. Hell, we've cleared 8/10 in 2.5 hours; ZA/ZG takes about that much time.

I hope Firelands is cool. I'm sure it'll breathe a small amount of life into the game, but I'm not convinced that it'll bring me back to logging in nearly every day.

Granted I've not absolutely minimal dungeon content from cata, but one thing I think has affected me is that there's nothing much to do in the world once you're max level. Well, there's dailies, but that's just punching a clock for rep/money.

WoW Insider just put out some info on Tankadin changes in 4.2

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/06/17/th...

For people who want to make a killing on the AH, there is a new set of Leg Armor coming out.

Drakehide Leg Armor
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=71720

Needs one Pristine Hide and 20 Volatile Earth to create.

NSMike wrote:

4.2 Trailer.

Ragnaros again?! How many times do we have to kill that bugger before he gets the message?

CaptainCrowbar wrote:
NSMike wrote:

4.2 Trailer.

Ragnaros again?! How many times do we have to kill that bugger before he gets the message?

I was given to understand that the former kills were too soon.

No, they were merely a setback.

NSMike wrote:

No, they were merely a setback.

Oh lord, I sincerely hope they'll bring back Kael'thas at least one more time.

CaptainCrowbar wrote:

Ragnaros again?! How many times do we have to kill that bugger before he gets the message?

First time he was being summoned into the material plane, so you just banished him back to the elemental plane instead of killing him. This time, you get to break into his house and kill him for reals.