Best Flight Sim for 360 or PS3?

Not too arcady, but if it's the 'best' (or top two), then I might be interested. Just all of a sudden feel like playing one and my PC is too old to even type thos words:>)

There really aren't any. At least not that I know of.

Lucky for you, I think all decent PC flight sims have are pretty old and should run on older hardware. I've been "saving myself" for when I get a high-end flightstick for them, however, so I don't have any specific recommendations.

We could always play GRAW 2 together though.

It's not a flight simulator, but there's a demo on Xbox Live now for a WWII aerial combat game called IL2 Sturmovik that isn't super-arcadey. It might not be what you're looking for, but a free demo can't hurt.

So is "306" some derogatory reference to the '360 or just a typo?

D-Man777 wrote:

So is "306" some derogatory reference to the '360 or just a typo? :)

corrected.

stupidhaiku wrote:

Lucky for you, I think all decent PC flight sims have are pretty old and should run on older hardware. I've been "saving myself" for when I get a high-end flightstick for them, however, so I don't have any specific recommendations.

We could always play GRAW 2 together though. :)

Just may have to do that:>)

philucifer wrote:

It's not a flight simulator, but there's a demo on Xbox Live now for a WWII aerial combat game called IL2 Sturmovik that isn't super-arcadey. It might not be what you're looking for, but a free demo can't hurt.

I jut played the demo on 360. It has three difficulties: arcade, realistic, and simulation. Arcade is exactly what you'd expect. Realistic disables the leading reticle, and allowed me to spin-out, stall, and smash into the ground over and over. And simulation was the same as realistic, except the external view, target lock cam, and radar map are disabled, and I stalled and crashed much quicker and more often.

So I guess that's a recommendation? The chewed-up wing damage and ground detail are quite nice.

GOG.com has flight sims on sale this weekend.

You can get the real IL-2 Sturmovik for $6.99. Its requirements are pretty low.

Forget about the 360 or PS3 if you want a flight sim. Grab a cheap joystick and plug it into whatever PC you've got.

People seem to like Ace Combat but I haven't played it.

Ace Combat is about as much of a flight sim as Legend of Zelda is an RPG. It's got the same visual cues, people call it one, but brother, it's not.

LobsterMobster wrote:

Ace Combat is about as much of a flight sim as Legend of Zelda is an RPG. It's got the same visual cues, people call it one, but brother, it's not.

Are you saying that real pilots do not listen to their wives prattling on about "Dancing With The Angels" all the time? Or that there isn't a ridiculous superfighter with nigh-unlimited missiles being developed by the Air Force? SIR I THINK YOU PRESUME TO MUCH.

Sad days when I am of more help than the other posters.

Donan, check out this thread and also check out the IL2 Sturmovik demo on the 360

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/46365#new

Prederick wrote:
LobsterMobster wrote:

Ace Combat is about as much of a flight sim as Legend of Zelda is an RPG. It's got the same visual cues, people call it one, but brother, it's not.

Are you saying that real pilots do not listen to their wives prattling on about "Dancing With The Angels" all the time? Or that there isn't a ridiculous superfighter with nigh-unlimited missiles being developed by the Air Force? SIR I THINK YOU PRESUME TO MUCH.

Yes to A. Not so sure about B. ¬_¬

SwampYankee wrote:

Sad days when I am of more help than the other posters.

Who are you again?

Exactly my point!