Demon's Souls - Catch All

Does anyone have any personal strategies for easily changing world tendency?

casual_alcoholic wrote:

Does anyone have any personal strategies for easily changing world tendency?

See here: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world...

Worked for me.

Did anyone do 3-3 against actual players? I tried it, but it keeps putting me against the same guy that one shots me everytime and I can't put any damage on him.

casual_alcoholic wrote:

Does anyone have any personal strategies for easily changing world tendency?

Going offline is a must or it will keep resetting to the average of the various players online.

casual_alcoholic wrote:

Did anyone do 3-3 against actual players? I tried it, but it keeps putting me against the same guy that one shots me everytime and I can't put any damage on him.

I did a few against players and a few against the NPC boss... and I've been the boss a few times as well trying for the hat. The NPC boss is fairly basic and easy.. boring actually. I found players a lot more exciting.. but yeah, you can end up with the same person repeatedly with invasions in any level.

I did the 3-3 boss mostly against actual players. Some were a challenge, and I got a friend to help me, others weren't so good. Also worth noting - The 3-3 boss is the *only* time where a friendly Blue Phantom can die to a Black Phantom and not lose their souls. This makes a Blue Phantom on that boss basically a free meat shield.

You guys are gonna absolutely hate me. Pure Bladestone dropped on my very first BP Dual Katana Black Skeleton.

As with anything determined by random chance... there are lucky bastards.

Hey that just means we have a 2nd person to hook us up and let us hold a weapon sometime.

Stele wrote:

Hey that just means we have a 2nd person to hook us up and let us hold a weapon sometime. ;)

Definitely! Only I'm failing at farming Chunks of Bladestone. They just won't drop!

I have a million shards though, so useless.

Edit: Cloudstone chunks are even worse. The worst part is I can see half the drops but can't reach them.

It was a pain, but I managed to get all of the ore trophies (sharpstone, bladestone, cloudstone, etc). If anyone needs to hold any of the weapons for the achievement, I'd be more than happy to help you out. I don't know how to do it though, so someone would have to explain it to me.

casual_alcoholic wrote:

It was a pain, but I managed to get all of the ore trophies (sharpstone, bladestone, cloudstone, etc). If anyone needs to hold any of the weapons for the achievement, I'd be more than happy to help you out. I don't know how to do it though, so someone would have to explain it to me.

What level are you?

I think you just drop the weapon on the ground, we pick it up, then drop it back to you. Just have to be within 10-15 levels and then figure out a nice out-of-the way place to drop blue stones

Stele wrote:
casual_alcoholic wrote:

It was a pain, but I managed to get all of the ore trophies (sharpstone, bladestone, cloudstone, etc). If anyone needs to hold any of the weapons for the achievement, I'd be more than happy to help you out. I don't know how to do it though, so someone would have to explain it to me.

What level are you?

I think you just drop the weapon on the ground, we pick it up, then drop it back to you. Just have to be within 10-15 levels and then figure out a nice out-of-the way place to drop blue stones

I'm 122 at the moment.

casual_alcoholic wrote:

You guys are gonna absolutely hate me. Pure Bladestone dropped on my very first BP Dual Katana Black Skeleton.

What's your name? I'd like to... *ahem* meet you.

casual_alcoholic wrote:

I'm 122 at the moment.

Cool. That's a little easier to reach than RNG's 178.

Stele wrote:
casual_alcoholic wrote:

It was a pain, but I managed to get all of the ore trophies (sharpstone, bladestone, cloudstone, etc). If anyone needs to hold any of the weapons for the achievement, I'd be more than happy to help you out. I don't know how to do it though, so someone would have to explain it to me.

What level are you?

I think you just drop the weapon on the ground, we pick it up, then drop it back to you. Just have to be within 10-15 levels and then figure out a nice out-of-the way place to drop blue stones

FYI, the way you calculate the level range you can interact with is this:

+/- (Your Soul Level/10 + 10)

The result is rounded down. For casual_alcoholic, at 122 that gives him a workable range of 99 - 144... quite a bit more attainable than the 150 SL minimum you need to join me in a game.

casual_alcoholic wrote:
Stele wrote:
casual_alcoholic wrote:

It was a pain, but I managed to get all of the ore trophies (sharpstone, bladestone, cloudstone, etc). If anyone needs to hold any of the weapons for the achievement, I'd be more than happy to help you out. I don't know how to do it though, so someone would have to explain it to me.

What level are you?

I think you just drop the weapon on the ground, we pick it up, then drop it back to you. Just have to be within 10-15 levels and then figure out a nice out-of-the way place to drop blue stones

I'm 122 at the moment.

I think I'm 106ish atm. Any time this weekend to help a brotha out?

Dyni wrote:
casual_alcoholic wrote:
Stele wrote:
casual_alcoholic wrote:

It was a pain, but I managed to get all of the ore trophies (sharpstone, bladestone, cloudstone, etc). If anyone needs to hold any of the weapons for the achievement, I'd be more than happy to help you out. I don't know how to do it though, so someone would have to explain it to me.

What level are you?

I think you just drop the weapon on the ground, we pick it up, then drop it back to you. Just have to be within 10-15 levels and then figure out a nice out-of-the way place to drop blue stones

I'm 122 at the moment.

I think I'm 106ish atm. Any time this weekend to help a brotha out? :)

I'll be on Sunday if you can do it then.

Dirt wrote:
casual_alcoholic wrote:

You guys are gonna absolutely hate me. Pure Bladestone dropped on my very first BP Dual Katana Black Skeleton.

What's your name? I'd like to... *ahem* meet you.

Haha it's right in my sig!

.

I'll should be available be on Sunday anytime that is not the Jets/Patriots game, which I think is 4:30-8 EST. I'll check here with you to coordinate something.

Dyni wrote:

I'll should be available be on Sunday anytime that is not the Jets/Patriots game, which I think is 4:30-8 EST. I'll check here with you to coordinate something.

Gonna set up my PS3 and add you as a friend. Do you want to meet up in vent sometime tomorrow and figure it out from there?

Am I the only one that has a bluetooth earpiece for cellphone/PS3 chat?

Stele wrote:

Am I the only one that has a bluetooth earpiece for cellphone/PS3 chat?

I got one with Warhawk when I picked it up, but I'm one of the unfortunate people that can't use the majority of in-ear devices because my ears are too small so it was useless to me. Hopefully I'll be able to find a headset instead.

Edit: Screw it, I just snagged one off Amazon finally.

By the way, can you even use a headset for Demon's Souls?

casual_alcoholic wrote:
Dyni wrote:

I'll should be available be on Sunday anytime that is not the Jets/Patriots game, which I think is 4:30-8 EST. I'll check here with you to coordinate something.

Gonna set up my PS3 and add you as a friend. Do you want to meet up in vent sometime tomorrow and figure it out from there?

Sounds good to me. Will you be around later in the evening? Maybe 9 or 10ish EST?

Edit: I don't have a Bluetooth headset for my PS3. I didn't really have any friends that played PS3 games online until recently.

casual_alcoholic wrote:

By the way, can you even use a headset for Demon's Souls?

Don't think there's any in-game. But you can start a voice chat with people on your friend list, which is what we would need to do to meet up. Or text chat I guess, but that's just slower.

Gonna hop on vent and start playing Demon's Souls, if anyone wants the items tonight just hop on vent and come shout at me!

Hey Stele, I left a lot of my weapons with Dyni because he's a lower level, so you can get them from him now if you want. Should be easier. I left the Bladestone and Cloudstone ones in partuclar, and quite a few more, but those two are by far the most difficult to farm.

Oh cool. Dyni still 106? I think I'm like 88 or so, but it's been a few weeks since I played.

Hey Dyni if you're still awake you should hop on vent, I got the Insanity Catalyst.

Big thanks to casual_alcoholic for helping me with the weapon trophies. That's many, many hours of saved farming. Stele, I'm 108 now, so you should be in range. Let me know if/when you want to meet up to trade what I have.

Wow, NG+ is about 10x easier than the first play through. It's like cheats have been turned on or something. Once you know the strats for each level and boss, the game is incredibly easy. I've flown through 4 and a half of the 5 worlds in just a few hours. All I have left are 1-3 and 1-4. The platinum is in reach! Speaking of which, has anyone actually gotten the Platinum yet? How hard is NG++ and NG+++, those are what I'm really worried about. I feel like my equipment and skills have hit sort of a ceiling, which is great at the moment, but is going to be hard again. Can never be too careful with this game.

Also, I've learned the awfulness that is rolling a female character when there's gender specific armor. I feel like some of the best armor in the game is off limits to me. Does anyone know what the best set of gear is for a female character?