Blood Bowl game Catch-All

The website is up and they have a multiplayer beta sign up here!

Good GOD! The website now kicks so much ass. Love it!

This is very close to a day 1 purchase for me. I've even set aside some money for it. Combining football with fantasy with RPG aspects has got me drooling with anticipation.

Edit: According to this the 360 version won't be coming out until September. I guess I can wait.

So Beta Keys went out, who got one?

Got mine this morning, downloading now!

Downloading as well. Hope to get it to run on my laptop.

I heard rumors initially that this game was coming out with Starforce DRM. Anybody know if they are still going with this plan? I absolutely respect that publishers can put whatever DRM they please on their games - I just wish they were open about it so that I can make my buying decisions accordingly.

Gotta beta invite too. Yesterday was a hell-day at work though and I haven't had a chance to mess with it.

I got my key, though I wont be able to try it until the weekend. Any word on how long the beta is?

It's multiplayer only.

I'm SO pissed. I didn't get in. Damnit I registered on the very first day they took registrations. ARGH!

nihilo wrote:
I heard rumors initially that this game was coming out with Starforce DRM. Anybody know if they are still going with this plan? I absolutely respect that publishers can put whatever DRM they please on their games - I just wish they were open about it so that I can make my buying decisions accordingly.

I read in an interview that they wouldn't use Starforce. Wait until the game's release, you'll know soon enough : )

Looks like my PC wouldn't run this so it's good that I didn't get in the beta. I think the DS version may be the best because it is strictly turn-based like the board game. I'm not confident that they can do a full motion football game well.

They are still sending out beta invites. Also, all versions have turn-based mode, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Looking forward to getting home tonight and downloading the beta.

magnus wrote:
Also, all versions have turn-based mode, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I don't think the turn-based mode will lower the needed system specs so I'm still screwed.

What a nice surprise

I am really looking forward to this game in helping me to be a better player in the tabletop version. We started a blood bowl league a few weeks ago and I have been getting my ass kicked!

I just got my invite. So they're still sending them out folks.

I am distinctly invite-less.

Elliottx wrote:
I just got my invite. So they're still sending them out folks.

Yep... I just checked my email and saw the invite.

I read somewhere on the site that they're currently sending out invites to people that applied on the first two days that the application went up, so if you applied during that time, chances are good that you'll get in.

downloading beta now.

Nothing. *frown*
Oh well, Demigod and BattleForge are keeping me busy!

I signed up the first day and didnt get anything =(

Multra wrote:
I signed up the first day and didnt get anything =(

They didn't want you to show up and use your mad 'sploitz in the beta.

Coldstream wrote:
Multra wrote:
I signed up the first day and didnt get anything =(

They didn't want you to show up and use your mad 'sploitz in the beta. :D

Hey its not my fault they put OP things in video games.

I've set up a Gamers With Jobs League. you should be able to find it with a league search, the password is stan.

Played three matches against a friend last night. We've never played the tabletop game before and didn't know the rules going in so it was pretty interesting First match was just us trying to figure out how the game works; it was rough and neither of us were enjoying it all that much. Second match we started to grasp the rules and made a couple of plays. Final match we actually got it mostly figured out and it actually looked like we were playing a game!

Seems like a lot of fun. I can only assume the real fun is in leagues where you go through several seasons, level up your guys, trade and buy new ones, etc. I love that all your players are named, have stats and can be leveled up and given new abilities.

The interface could use a little bit of work. Mostly I had occasional problems selecting my players which is bad when you only have 4 minutes to take your turn. Not everything has tooltips, which is a little annoying but a full manual should help clear that up. I also found a few player aides for the tabletop game that helped explain a lot of things. Finally, matches take a lot longer than I expected. There are 16 rounds, each player gets 4 minutes per round. You're looking at just over 2 hours if both players take their full allotted time. Thankfully that's pretty rare, especially since your turn is over if you drop the ball or any of your guys get knocked over! Our games seemed to clock in around 1 1/2 hours. Still a lot longer than I expected.

It is a very random game with d6 or 2d6 rolls all over the place. Really feels like a game of risk management where you have to decide which risks to take and when, which is cool because I tend to enjoy that element in board games. It's also important to keep your player's special abilities in mind and positioning is crucial. Once you get going you can actually see plays forming and executing which is really neat.

We had a lot of fun with that last match, though, and I'm looking forward to playing more. Now to figure out which system to get it for! Ultimately I'll probably go for the 360 version assuming the console ports are any good.

Dreaded Gazebo wrote:
Played three matches against a friend last night. We've never played the tabletop game before and didn't know the rules going in so it was pretty interesting First match was just us trying to figure out how the game works; it was rough and neither of us were enjoying it all that much. Second match we started to grasp the rules and made a couple of plays. Final match we actually got it mostly figured out and it actually looked like we were playing a game!

Seems like a lot of fun. I can only assume the real fun is in leagues where you go through several seasons, level up your guys, trade and buy new ones, etc. I love that all your players are named, have stats and can be leveled up and given new abilities.

The interface could use a little bit of work. Mostly I had occasional problems selecting my players which is bad when you only have 4 minutes to take your turn. Not everything has tooltips, which is a little annoying but a full manual should help clear that up. I also found a few player aides for the tabletop game that helped explain a lot of things. Finally, matches take a lot longer than I expected. There are 16 rounds, each player gets 4 minutes per round. You're looking at just over 2 hours if both players take their full allotted time. Thankfully that's pretty rare, especially since your turn is over if you drop the ball or any of your guys get knocked over! Our games seemed to clock in around 1 1/2 hours. Still a lot longer than I expected.

It is a very random game with d6 or 2d6 rolls all over the place. Really feels like a game of risk management where you have to decide which risks to take and when, which is cool because I tend to enjoy that element in board games. It's also important to keep your player's special abilities in mind and positioning is crucial. Once you get going you can actually see plays forming and executing which is really neat.

We had a lot of fun with that last match, though, and I'm looking forward to playing more. Now to figure out which system to get it for! Ultimately I'll probably go for the 360 version assuming the console ports are any good.

I'm not sure what the NDA covered for you but I don't think you are suppose to discuss anything about the game or your impressions.

just played my first game, looking forward to some Goodjer action, so sign up for the Gamers With Jobs league. Password is: stan

I got in! I'm downloading it as I type this.

I am a veteran player and I know pretty much all the rules so anybody who wants to play this with me to learn the rules, I'm up for it. I'm mcbob78 on Steam so that's probably the best way to reach me.

I'll also join the GWJ league

Alright everybody just remember one thing: if it's in the rules, it can be done.

No whining about violent play on my watch!