Blood Bowl game Catch-All

It's out on Android as well, and, miracle of miracles, it's cross-platform play. Android, iOS, and PC can all play against each other.
I'm tempted, as we're in the summer doldrums and I could use a tablet game to play, but I had such a poor experience with the dice rolling on the PC version that I'm hesitant.
Plus the fact that you have to buy the game, but then buy the other races as well (game comes with humans and orcs only).

Taharka wrote:

It's out on Android as well, and, miracle of miracles, it's cross-platform play. Android, iOS, and PC can all play against each other.
I'm tempted, as we're in the summer doldrums and I could use a tablet game to play, but I had such a poor experience with the dice rolling on the PC version that I'm hesitant.
Plus the fact that you have to buy the game, but then buy the other races as well (game comes with humans and orcs only).

I snagged it yesterday on Android. It seems a pretty faithful port to the small screen. I'm playing it on a Nexus 7 and it runs very smoothly (if a little warm). Though I can't imagine playing this on a screen any smaller. A more free camera would be nice too. Stylus recommended.

As for the other races, I'm okay with this model. You have two teams to play, full mp support and $2.99 for additional teams. Not a giveaway by any means, but not totally unreasonable IMO either. I'll take an a la carte system like this over the typical IAP models of pay-to-win or buy-more-energy-to-continue-playing. I'm pleased with my $5 investment, and if I continue to play it I'll probably buy other races down the road.

Is there async MP or do you need a live connection?

I'm happy with it so far, halfway through my second single player match in a championship mode.

But I can't seem to buy the other races, anyone else tried, had any luck with the IAP?

I haven't tried to buy the IAP, but I'm pretty happy with it on my iPad. I'll likely (try) to pick up the other teams over the weekend.

I don't think "pay $3 for additional teams" is that different than "buy this blood bowl expansion for $20! More teams, more fields!"

Well, I guess it's cheaper.

Also, definitely not set up for new players, I'm told the tutorial isn't very good and explains little to no rules and refers to the living rule book which isn't included in the App.
I'm pretty happy with it, just had a three die block and rolled triple skulls. Feels like Blood Bowl to me!

So blood bowl 2 has a steam page with a release date of June 2015. Got to say the 2nd video that shows a game in progress looks good. Like the player cards popping up when you select a player and the block animations.

Actually pretty excited for this now! I think against my better judgement I'd even preorder it if I could.

8 teams in the game so far. They are humans, orcs, dwarfs, skaven, high elves, dark elves, chaos and bretonia. So prob looking at some team dlc after launch.

So, Blood Bowl 2 is out. I'm going to pick it up for XB1. Any idea if it's cross platform?

EDIT: No the f*ck it isn't. Now rethinking my purchase.

I read a pretty positive review on RPS.

We talked about the model their adopting before 2 was announced: 1 game and then races as DLC. That's going to be good depending on how much each race is.

I dunno. The Norse aren't in at release so I'll wait for a steam sale =)

oilypenguin wrote:

I read a pretty positive review on RPS.

We talked about the model their adopting before 2 was announced: 1 game and then races as DLC. That's going to be good depending on how much each race is.

I dunno. The Norse aren't in at release so I'll wait for a steam sale =)

XB1 store shows Wood Elves at $6.99, I'm assuming it's the same on Steam.

Oof.

So if they eventually bring out 23 teams like the last one, that's $150 if 8 teams come with the $45 initial release.

I would advise people to get it on steam for the sale, the ease of patching (you know they'll need to constantly), and the fact that most of GWJ is likely to buy there.

Looking at the website, there are 8 races in the base game, one of which is brand new (? unable to confirm, official forum is a bit...umm..heated).

Human, Orc, Dwarf, Skaven, Dark Elves, Chaos, High Elves, Bretonnia. Proce is $49.99

DLC planned is Wood Elves (out) and Lizardmen (still processing, no later than 07OCT15)

Cross platform is a possibility, but not there yet.

I wish I had a PC capable of running it.

Sorry to necro a long dead forum but I was curious if anyone here was still playing Blood Bowl 2? I just bought it a few days ago as I was always interested in the table top game but didn't want to deal with it. It was on a Halloween sale (in case someone is still looking and if the sale is still active).

Didn't know if there was a better place but I didn't see one easily enough.

There's no current active league or anything, but I could go for a game here and there. I think some of the Euros play more regularly, but scheduling a cross-Atlantic match is tricky.

Feegle wrote:

There's no current active league or anything, but I could go for a game here and there. I think some of the Euros play more regularly, but scheduling a cross-Atlantic match is tricky. :)

That'd be awesome. I'm a complete novice so if you're okay with playing while I learn and maybe talking on Discord while we do so. Let me know if it's alright with you, and I'll send a message or friend invite on Discord.