Battle of Destiny - 2D Brawler/MMO

The other day the client for Battle of Destiny showed up on my ISPs server, I had never heard of it but I read '2D arcade style MMO' in the description and decided to download it and check it out. Now I can't stop playing it and I am not sure why...the boasted gamepad support is terrible (I had to use Xpadder to map most of the controls to my 360 controller and double tapping the analogue stick to run is a pain in the ass), I am fairly sure that all the text was machine translated from Chinese because it is often an undecipherable form of English, plus the game has all kinds of interface problems...but I just keep booting it back up.

Anyway, check it out if it looks like your thing.

Couldn't find many good screens online so I took a few.
IMAGE(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3339/3646633734_7fd7ee1f31_o.jpg)

IMAGE(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3624/3645827683_4de26750f9_o.jpg)

IMAGE(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3316/3645827201_095af936d4_o.jpg)

IMAGE(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3349/3645827359_cbc9117692_o.jpg)

Some higher level pics from here.
IMAGE(http://www.postimage.org/Pq1rvF3i.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.postimage.org/aV15KOur.jpg)

Sounds interesting but how does the mmo part work? Is there also pvp? I could see the pvp part being like a final fight type of game and the pvp part playing out like a street fighter game. That would be cool if true!

I may have to get my hands on this to bide my time before Dungeon Fighter Online comes out.

I will also need to get a gamepad =) I wish they would implement a sort of diablo style mouse movement in these games.

Brizahd wrote:

Sounds interesting but how does the mmo part work? Is there also pvp? I could see the pvp part being like a final fight type of game and the pvp part playing out like a street fighter game. That would be cool if true!

It's a pretty basic hub system, you see everyone running around in town then when you fight it's all instance. There is pvp but I haven't found it, mind you I haven't really looked, but Street Fighter it ain't, attacking in this game is a one button affair supplemented by skills not dissimilar to your typical MMO, from what I've been able to piece together you can chain skills for combos (there is system for creating macros for that very purpose, but I'm guessing that is a more high level affair).

fangblackbone wrote:

I may have to get my hands on this to bide my time before Dungeon Fighter Online comes out.

I will also need to get a gamepad =) I wish they would implement a sort of diablo style mouse movement in these games.

I wouldn't go out and buy a gamepad just for this game (although I have been loving having one for all the console ports recently like Dead Space, Riddick and Prototype), the support is woeful, I have to unplug my controller, start the game, then plug it back in so that the game only reads the inputs from Xpadder otherwise I've got buttons that do two things at once. That being said this is the beta and the open beta only opened on the 19th.

I hadn't even heard about Dungeon Fighter Online, it looks way more like what I thought this game was going to be, will have to check it later when it releases, cheers mate.

Th3 Space Pope wrote:

Street Fighter it ain't, attacking in this game is a one button affair supplemented by skills not dissimilar to your typical MMO, from what I've been able to piece together you can chain skills for combos (there is system for creating macros for that very purpose, but I'm guessing that is a more high level affair).

Well dang... I keep hoping for a fighting mmo to come out. I pretty much imagine fight mechanics like soul calibur but everything else would be like a regular mmo. A game like that player dueling would be like playing a fighting game!