Just Cause 2 Catch-All

I didn't know. Glad I do now.

Glad I actually hit post. I felt almost silly posting that. Plus you've already got every achievement you will get for collecting stuff by 75%, which is probably a clear sign they knew you couldn't get 100% when they released the game.

So picked this up as well as all the DLC. Can anyone tell me what the easiest way to resupply the DLC weapons ammo (aside from having to use a beacon and spend the money to rebuy it)?

Lucky Wilbury wrote:

So picked this up as well as all the DLC. Can anyone tell me what the easiest way to resupply the DLC weapons ammo (aside from having to use a beacon and spend the money to rebuy it)?

I am pretty sure that is the only way. There is a mod out there that greatly reduces the cost of stuff from the "store". I would recommend hunting it down, because the game is much more fun when you can summon a jet at your whim and not have to worry about paying for it.

Did the price on this change today from $3.74 to $8.99?

When I search for it, it comes up as $3.74 but when I click on it and go tot he page to purchase, it says $8.99

IMAGE(https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-U0u5uqXCGg8/UAcCIYn_beI/AAAAAAAAET0/erQgzPIsoIU/s800/jc374.jpg)

IMAGE(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8QbD6aFPBf4/UAcCIXueXMI/AAAAAAAAETw/3VYSksCJUqQ/s640/jc899.jpg)

What does it say in your cart?

EriktheRed wrote:
Lucky Wilbury wrote:

So picked this up as well as all the DLC. Can anyone tell me what the easiest way to resupply the DLC weapons ammo (aside from having to use a beacon and spend the money to rebuy it)?

I am pretty sure that is the only way. There is a mod out there that greatly reduces the cost of stuff from the "store". I would recommend hunting it down, because the game is much more fun when you can summon a jet at your whim and not have to worry about paying for it.

Hmm, I can't remember the time when my character of 45+ hours needed to worry about money before modding.

I also bought 1 DLC gun, used it twice and never again after realizing I had to summon the black market to get more ammo. Yet another reason why I am not a fan of DLC's, since they just get tacked on most of the time, it seems.

EDIT: It was on a flash sale for $3.74. You missed it.

FSeven wrote:

Did the price on this change today from $3.74 to $8.99?

When I search for it, it comes up as $3.74 but when I click on it and go tot he page to purchase, it says $8.99

You know what's even weirder. In the search window, if you just type "ju" it comes up and shows the price as $8.99, but as soon as you type the "s" for "jus" it then changes to $3.74. The cheaper price was a flash sale I believe which is now over.

mrtomaytohead wrote:

I also bought 1 DLC gun, used it twice and never again after realizing I had to summon the black market to get more ammo.

Was it the air cannon? For me it was the aircannon.

Rezzy wrote:
mrtomaytohead wrote:

I also bought 1 DLC gun, used it twice and never again after realizing I had to summon the black market to get more ammo.

Was it the air cannon? For me it was the aircannon.

Nope, rico's signature gun. Aircannon sounds like it'd be fun while it lasts.

mrtomaytohead wrote:
EriktheRed wrote:
Lucky Wilbury wrote:

So picked this up as well as all the DLC. Can anyone tell me what the easiest way to resupply the DLC weapons ammo (aside from having to use a beacon and spend the money to rebuy it)?

I am pretty sure that is the only way. There is a mod out there that greatly reduces the cost of stuff from the "store". I would recommend hunting it down, because the game is much more fun when you can summon a jet at your whim and not have to worry about paying for it.

Hmm, I can't remember the time when my character of 45+ hours needed to worry about money before modding.

I also bought 1 DLC gun, used it twice and never again after realizing I had to summon the black market to get more ammo. Yet another reason why I am not a fan of DLC's, since they just get tacked on most of the time, it seems.

EDIT: It was on a flash sale for $3.74. You missed it.

Well I was often summoning cars to do crazy jumps or summoning the jet to try hijacking planes in mid air, so it seemed to eat through my money pretty quickly until I installed the mod.

That aircannon was super dumb. The dlc rifle/pistol were nice, but it's just a pain with the ammo issues. Haven't given the heavy artillery types a try yet.

mrtomaytohead wrote:

Aircannon sounds like it'd be fun while it lasts.

I never got to deploy it in combat. I ran it out of ammo pushing my gang allies off the frozen mountain base. Well it's their own fault for sitting there in their giant trucks, right at the edge of a giant cliff. How am I NOT going to catapult them into space and parachute after them?

Rezzy wrote:
mrtomaytohead wrote:

Aircannon sounds like it'd be fun while it lasts.

I never got to deploy it in combat. I ran it out of ammo pushing my gang allies off the frozen mountain base. Well it's their own fault for sitting there in their giant trucks, right at the edge of a giant cliff. How am I NOT going to catapult them into space and parachute after them?

That sounds suspiciously like fun...

mrtomaytohead wrote:

That sounds suspiciously like fun...

Right, but without the cliff it just kinda flings them a little ways and pisses them off. The MOST fun I had with this game was attaching a small car to the back of the APC and tearing through one of the big cities for an hour. Sweet sweet memories.

Here is a very useful mod if you just want to mess around in the world. Just run the program while the game is open to make it work.

EriktheRed wrote:

Here is a very useful mod if you just want to mess around in the world. Just run the program while the game is open to make it work.

would it alter being able to gather achievements?

One day I will upgrade from XP and play this game.

Lucky Wilbury wrote:
EriktheRed wrote:

Here is a very useful mod if you just want to mess around in the world. Just run the program while the game is open to make it work.

would it alter being able to gather achievements?

I am honestly not sure. There might be some discussion about it in the thread.

NathanialG wrote:

One day I will upgrade from XP and play this game.

Just Cause 2 WAS the primary reason why I upgraded to Win7.

It was a wise move.

SamF7

JC2-MP open beta this weekend!

I'm going on vacation this weekend...

mrtomaytohead wrote:

JC2-MP open beta this weekend!

I'm going on vacation this weekend... :(

Played around with it for a couple hours this weekend and it's kinda cool, but rather pointless. There are no missions to do in MP and no NPC pedestrians or traffic spawn at all. The only place to get a vehicle is at static spawn points, so it ended up being a bunch of people fighting for jet spawns at all the airports. As for cars, with no traffic there are very few spawn points, so you ended up traveling primarily by hook/chute until you could get to a military base.

I was pleasantly surprised at the number of players on their server, seemed like a couple hundred people all on at once. That said, the hit detection for other players is pretty crap. I couldn't hit anyone with bullets, even when standing 10 feet away from a stationary target. The only way to really damage anything was via explosives. I assume that's something they're working on. One feature that's very nice was the ability to turn off public chat, as it was a sewer of human filth for the entire duration of my play.

Anyway, JC2-MP has certainly got potential, so I'll definitely be trying it out again when it graduates from beta.

NathanialG wrote:

One day I will upgrade from XP and play this game.

This game is fun!

NathanialG wrote:
NathanialG wrote:

One day I will upgrade from XP and play this game.

This game is fun!

Welcome to a modern OS. What're you running it on?

mrtomaytohead wrote:
NathanialG wrote:
NathanialG wrote:

One day I will upgrade from XP and play this game.

This game is fun!

Welcome to a modern OS. What're you running it on?

I'll guess Windows ME. edit: Wait, dammit - that was before XP! My own joke, foiled.

Michael wrote:
mrtomaytohead wrote:
NathanialG wrote:
NathanialG wrote:

One day I will upgrade from XP and play this game.

This game is fun!

Welcome to a modern OS. What're you running it on?

I'll guess Windows ME. edit: Wait, dammit - that was before XP! My own joke, foiled.

Win7!
And just to brag, I got an i5 processor, nvidia 670, 16 gigs of ram and a 27" monitor.

Finally got into this last night after fixing a problem with my video card that wouldn't let me play for more than a minute or two at a time before crashing.

Promptly drove a stolen army truck into a 3-star general, assassinating him, parachuted out the window and up onto a landing pad to steal a helicopter and escape.

I'm in love.

Man. I never did finish the "plot" in this one. Should fire it up again one of these days.

Looks like Scorpio's coming back: https://twitter.com/CHSundberg/statu...

Imgur mirror

Yay! Bring it on!

JC2 is one of those games I wish I could erase from my mind and play all over again fresh. It was just pure, joyous fun simply moving around in that world. I will never forget the first time I hitched a grapple ride on a harrier jet that was taking off from an enemy airfield. Gaming greatness right there.