Random thing you loathe right now.

Kannon wrote:
Fortunately, St.Hillary was asleep. 40 miles later, there was an exit, and I took it. After stretching a bit, getting my car revived, and acquiring soda, we go back out... and see the bastard being pulled over by a cop. I didn't hate that.

That is some sweet justice right there. I have asshats like that behind me fairly regularly when I'm driving across town on the highway but I've never had the joy of seeing one get nailed by the cops.

Grenn wrote:
Andy, I think you know what to do in that situation. Fire2.

Erm... I really can't follow you, unless you suggest that I should set the whole world on fire. I'd most certainly lighten up a bit doing that (See what I did there?)

The Sun. It's too damn hot, and it is only going to get hotter. I shouldn't be sweating like this while sitting in front of my PC, with a cold beer, in freaking MAY!

Kraint wrote:
The Sun. It's too damn hot, and it is only going to get hotter. I shouldn't be sweating like this while sitting in front of my PC, with a cold beer, in freaking MAY!

I find it helps to occasionally shake your fist at the sun and say, "F*ck you Sun!"

Activists who cannot understand that murder does not advance their cause in any meaningful way.

Andy wrote:
Grenn wrote:
Andy, I think you know what to do in that situation. Fire2.

Erm... I really can't follow you, unless you suggest that I should set the whole world on fire. I'd most certainly lighten up a bit doing that (See what I did there?)

I think it's a reference to your Final Fantasy avatar, isn't Fire2 a FF spell?

Anyway, I loathe my yesterday me. He was too lazy to fiddle at a poster for our last big party of the year. Today I have a mild hangover, heavy hay fever attack and a deadline hanging over my head. Yesterday me, you suck!

adam.greenbrier wrote:
Activists who cannot understand that murder does not advance their cause in any meaningful way. :mad:

I hear ya: read an article about what I think your referencing online last night and it got my blood boiling.

dejanzie wrote:
I think it's a reference to your Final Fantasy avatar, isn't Fire2 a FF spell?

Yeah, that makes sense, thanks. I feel stupid now.

Anyway, I hate the fact that life so closely resembles a badly written soap opera. In fact, it's even worse.

Symantec Antivirus. Leave my goddamn CPU alone!

Popcorn.

It smells great, but then you actually have a bite and realize it tastes like paper and just ends up caught in your teeth. And microwave popcorn with the fake butter flavoring is the worst. It just teases you until it ends up with a burning smell in the microwave and faux butter taste that is all chemical and no butter!

"Fixed it for you"

As in when people quote a forum post, and with it still under the "original poster wrote" disclaimer reword it to make their point. Quotes should never be edited except to snip out the relevant bits. Perpetrators of this foul internet forum meme should be groin kicked, repeatedly!

Elycion wrote:
"Fixed it for you"

As in when people quote a forum post, and with it still under the "original poster wrote" disclaimer reword it to make their point. Quotes should never be edited except to snip out the relevant bits. Perpetrators of this foul internet forum meme should be rewarded for their valiant attempts at comedy!

You sorta walked into this one, Elycion.

Elycion wrote:
"Fixed it for you"

As in when people quote a forum post, and with it still under the "original poster wrote" disclaimer reword it to make their point. Quotes should never be edited except to snip out the relevant bits. Perpetrators of this foul internet forum meme should be applauded!

Fixed it for you.

Freaking beaten to the punch.. damn.

Summer weather. I don't like when it's over 85 degrees outside and I have sh*t to do.

adam.greenbrier wrote:
You sorta walked into this one, Elycion. ;)

Oh, I knew the meme-junkies wouldn't be able to resist. Never fear, I will polish up my size 14 steel toe Caterpillar work boots for the required groin kicking. Offenders will be PM's with a time, date, and place to present themselves for punishment. It's recommended not to wear anything that's binding in the crotch area, and to consider bringing an icepack!

Andy wrote:
dejanzie wrote:
I think it's a reference to your Final Fantasy avatar, isn't Fire2 a FF spell?

Yeah, that makes sense, thanks. I feel stupid now.

Anyway, I hate the fact that life so closely resembles a badly written soap opera. In fact, it's even worse.

Trust me, I feel your pain. I could write my life out verbatim, and it'd sell as a plot to a soap opera.

Kannon wrote:
Trust me, I feel your pain. I could write my life out verbatim, and it'd sell as a plot to a soap opera.

You've had amnesia six times, and improbably hot women arrive out of the blue to tell you that you were adopted, and that your father has left you a fortune?

Elycion wrote:
adam.greenbrier wrote:
You sorta walked into this one, Elycion. ;)

Oh, I knew the glorious meme-gods wouldn't be able to keep their clothes on, what with all the oily glistening that needed to be done. Never fear, I will polish up my size 36 manly pecs for the required "Best Man-boobs of the Year" competition. Contestants will be PM'd with a time, date, and place to present themselves for judgment. It's recommended not to wear anything. Period.

Like this?

I just dusted my electronics and now I can't stop sneezing. Where is that damned neti pot?

Also, I loathe the fact that I believe I've posted that exact same thing before, probably in this thread. Internet FAIL. But I've since stopped sneezing!

Coldstream wrote:
Kannon wrote:
Trust me, I feel your pain. I could write my life out verbatim, and it'd sell as a plot to a soap opera.

You've had amnesia six times, and improbably hot women arrive out of the blue to tell you that you were adopted, and that your father has left you a fortune?

In one day:
Got hit by lightning, got shot at, took thermite to the hood of a pimp's car, got stabbed, then proceeded to break several bones in said asshats arm and throw him out the window of the second floor of a dive motel. This was by far, not the most insane day I've ever had.

Maybe closer to major blockbuster action movie. They've got vaguely similar insanity and "What the f*ck!?" thresholds.

Kannon wrote:
Coldstream wrote:
Kannon wrote:
Trust me, I feel your pain. I could write my life out verbatim, and it'd sell as a plot to a soap opera.

You've had amnesia six times, and improbably hot women arrive out of the blue to tell you that you were adopted, and that your father has left you a fortune?

In one day:
Got hit by lightning, got shot at, took thermite to the hood of a pimp's car, got stabbed, then proceeded to break several bones in said asshats arm and throw him out the window of the second floor of a dive motel. This was by far, not the most insane day I've ever had.

Maybe closer to major blockbuster action movie. They've got vaguely similar insanity and "What the f*ck!?" thresholds.

See you had me until you failed to utter the words "Yippee kai yay, mother$%&*#(" before throwing him out the window. I also would've accepted "See you next fall" while examining his crumpled body on the street.

I now think that this memory is a cooked up fantasy for the purpose of gaining internet fame.

I loathe decades old computer hardware.

Our system decided it was going to reboot this morning all on it's own. It did this right at the start of the busier part of the morning.

I spent the following 45 minutes on the phone with ten different people all wanting to know what's going on, and the time since wheeling my chair back and forth between four different computers. Five if you count the one I'm typing on during this brief moment of respite.

Trainwreck wrote:
Kannon wrote:
Coldstream wrote:
Kannon wrote:
Trust me, I feel your pain. I could write my life out verbatim, and it'd sell as a plot to a soap opera.

You've had amnesia six times, and improbably hot women arrive out of the blue to tell you that you were adopted, and that your father has left you a fortune?

In one day:
Got hit by lightning, got shot at, took thermite to the hood of a pimp's car, got stabbed, then proceeded to break several bones in said asshats arm and throw him out the window of the second floor of a dive motel. This was by far, not the most insane day I've ever had.

Maybe closer to major blockbuster action movie. They've got vaguely similar insanity and "What the f*ck!?" thresholds.

See you had me until you failed to utter the words "Yippee kai yay, mother$%&*#(" before throwing him out the window. I also would've accepted "See you next fall" while examining his crumpled body on the street.

I now think that this memory is a cooked up fantasy for the purpose of gaining internet fame.

Does "Oh, damn. I probably need a bandaid." count?

I hate the fact that I got to work three hours early because of misreading my schedule. And in a related note, I hate my company for being inflexible f**ktards who refuse to even entertain the notion of changing my shift instead of making me go home, only to come back a few hours later.

Call in sick.

Yeah, but they've already seen me this morning. They know I'm not sick! Maybe tomorrow

You could start coughing now to lay the groundwork for a leave-at-lunch!

Sneaky... I like it!

*cough cough*

Elycion wrote:
"Fixed it for you"

As in when people quote a forum post, and with it still under the "original poster wrote" disclaimer reword it to make their point. Quotes should never be edited except to snip out the relevant bits. Perpetrators of this foul internet forum meme should be groin kicked, repeatedly!

[color=red]**Warning -- this is not intended to offend anyone here, but read at your own risk**[/color]

I've expressed my disdain for internet memes in general many times, most notably over the use of "meh" as a response to anything. It's totally lazy, requires zero thought on the part of the author, and really contributes nothing to the conversation. But that's an old one that seems to be falling out of favor to a degree.

The newest lazy writing memes? "Fail" and "this."

OK, those "fail!" pictures were funny for a while, as were the Lolcatz, but the whole "fail" thing is becoming incredibly tedious. Like "meh," posting "fail" takes little to no mental effort, doesn't actually require any reasoned argument, and just serves as an unearned, easy insult.

Come on, don't we have the energy to really SLAM something we hate any more? We have to resort to such bland forms of expression?

And by "this" I mean of course:

Wow, I love bacon

This.

I think it's just one of those things that, again, requires little to no thought or effort. Maybe it's annoying because its use has grown so exponentially-- seeing it used to often is what really sort of rubs me the wrong way.

((Cue the wise-apples who will now use both these memes to respond to my post...))