Random thing you loathe right now.

Hay fever.

Rallick wrote:
Amoebic wrote:

Working retail.
It degrades the soul. Makes me miss waiting tables.

I'd imagine it's as bad as customer services. Telephone customer services at that. Ugh, I hate my job. Damn this recession for not giving me any options for other work :-(

I hear that!
I think that job is worse. (phone) customer service is the only position I've ever gotten up, ripped my namebadge off, and walked out of that goddamned cubicle farm so I could enjoy the rest of the beautiful sunny afternoon, never to return. I'm usually the person that apologizes profusely and backs out of the manager's office after writing a politely-worded two-week notice three weeks early.

Thank you for the perspective; it could be worse. My condolences to you.

dejanzie wrote:

Hay fever.

Two words - Neti Pot. I got one last year, and have been using it on a fairly regular basis. It may seem gross at first but trust me, it is totally worth it.

Also.. I hate being back at work after a nice 3 day weekend.

Stupid drivers not paying attention and causing the death of our IT lady over the weekend.

Yoreel wrote:

Two words - Neti Pot.

I thought the current administration said they aren't gonna legalize it for a little while

Grenn wrote:

Stupid drivers not paying attention and causing the death of our IT lady over the weekend.

oh dang, now I feel like a jerk making that last joke. That sounds like a real bummer, Grenn.

Grenn wrote:

Stupid drivers not paying attention and causing the death of our IT lady over the weekend.

That's awful

California.

Well, just supporters of Prop 8.

lostlobster wrote:

California.

Also quoted for truth.

lostlobster wrote:

California.

Well, just supporters of Prop 8.

That's only 52% of California.

I'm loathing reviewers of Terminator: Salvation. Four friends and myself loved the movie and saw nothing wrong with it.

The action, the cinematography, the story, the characters, the way they fit it into the movies...we loved it all. We thought it 2nd only behind T2.

I'm going to despise ( > loathe) transformers for making more money than Terminator.

Yoreel wrote:
dejanzie wrote:

Hay fever.

Two words - Neti Pot. I got one last year, and have been using it on a fairly regular basis. It may seem gross at first but trust me, it is totally worth it.

Isn't that torture?

How would that help actually? In between the 'potting' one would still inhale the bad stuff, triggering the same allergic responses?

dejanzie wrote:
Yoreel wrote:
dejanzie wrote:

Hay fever.

Two words - Neti Pot. I got one last year, and have been using it on a fairly regular basis. It may seem gross at first but trust me, it is totally worth it.

Isn't that torture?

How would that help actually? In between the 'potting' one would still inhale the bad stuff, triggering the same allergic responses?

It helps by cleaning out your sinuses, thus getting rid of gunk that could be agitating your nasal cavity. Also, it cleans all the little hairs taht are supposed to block all the nasty hay fever inducing particles, thus letting them work better, and filtering more of the junk that would normally cause problems. Also, it is really cool and it can gross out your fiance if you don't warn her that your about to do it

Yoreel wrote:
dejanzie wrote:
Yoreel wrote:
dejanzie wrote:

Hay fever.

Two words - Neti Pot. I got one last year, and have been using it on a fairly regular basis. It may seem gross at first but trust me, it is totally worth it.

Isn't that torture?

How would that help actually? In between the 'potting' one would still inhale the bad stuff, triggering the same allergic responses?

It helps by cleaning out your sinuses, thus getting rid of gunk that could be agitating your nasal cavity. Also, it cleans all the little hairs taht are supposed to block all the nasty hay fever inducing particles, thus letting them work better, and filtering more of the junk that would normally cause problems. Also, it is really cool and it can gross out your fiance if you don't warn her that your about to do it :)

Use it in the shower so it doesn't get gunk all over your general sink area. It also loosens up hardened gunk in your sinus cavities so you can blow it out.

Also, remember to clean up after yourself if you don't want to get kicked in the teabags by your loving wife.

Mimble wrote:
dthind wrote:
Parallax Abstraction wrote:

A little hint for my fellow Canadians who get hit with telemarketers. A friend of mine who used to work for a survey company informed me of this little gem that is in fact on our law books. If any human telemarketer calls you, all you have to say at any point in the conversation is "Take me off your list." and hang up the phone. Apparently, if they ever call you again after having said that, you can report them to the RCMP. I was told this years ago when we used to get sometimes 2 or 3 telemarketing calls a day and after using that trick for about a month or so, the calls all but completely stopped. It worked for my Mom as well. This won't help with auto-dialers but I thought I'd pass along the tip for the annoying humans as well.

Best thing to do with any solicitation call is talk, talk, talk and talk about nothing. The agent will take you off the list.

Talk about kids, grandmothers, puppies, the color of the sky, mount everest, and dont shut up. They will hang up on you. Never talk or respond in any logical manner about why they are calling. basically they will think you are insane and remove you from their dialing pool

You can also what my dad did:

DAD: "Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal, but I'm short on cash right now. Maybe we could barter? I have some great 1972 GM truck parts - what do you say?

TM: "I don't think I need any truck parts sir..."

DAD: "Are you in any way implying that my truck parts are not worth your time? These are quality parts! If I have to listen to you sell me crap I don't want, don't need and can't afford - why can't you be polite and let me tell you about my truck parts?

TM: *click*...*dial tone*

They never called again. :D

You dad is my hero for the day. That is AWESOME

Dial-up. 5.6k download speeds. Made me question my Plants vs. Zombies purchase...

Drivers who can't grasp the concept of rush hour lanes that become one way during critical parts of the day.

What I loath right now is the fat man at the gym who bent over stark, frakkin' naked right in front of me in the locker room. Damn you fat man, you've ruined my eyes!!

... people who try and sound educated, but only know how to spell words "fo-net-i-cal-ly."

Cases in point? I constantly see people who are disgusted and disturbed over something type "shutter" instead of "shudder," and people who want to criticize something as being pointless or meaningless type "dribble" instead of "drivel."

You're not bouncing a basketball, jackass.

Tonsils. My ten year old had his taken out yesterday and now he's miserable. The little guy can't talk, can't eat much, but he's being such a trooper. But on the bright side, I don't have to hear him and his sister argue about who's turn it is to walk the dog.

'Shutter' instead of 'shudder' is even funnier when you live in a country where (broadly) UK pronunciation is followed - it would be with a hard T like in Tango. In any case, I totally agree. Idiots!

Tooth.

Effing city employees

Lethargy.

Out of state assholes that cruise at 10 under the speed limit in the fast lane, and then flip you off when you blow past them.

Some douche from Georgia was towing his boat down I75 south today on my way home from work and doing between 55 and 60 in a 70mph zone.

When an opening finally showed and all the cars built up behind him started to pass he gave me the finger, and then proceeded to hold it up for every other car that passed him too.

A diesel pickup rewarded him by cutting in front of him, slowing down to what looked like maybe 35, and then flooring it and blasting black smoke all over the dude's Escalade.

I laughed.

General Crespin wrote:

Tooth. :(

I don't know why, but that made me laugh.

You know what I don't hate? I don't hate vests...

Retroactive hatred:

Trucks that have a broken governor, and drivers with a foot of lead.

For 50 miles moving back, I had a truck on my tail at 75, blasting his horn, with no where to pull off or ability to pass. I dropped the hammer on my van, got it up to 100mph, and the bastard was _STILL_ on my tail, blowing the horn. (I'm not kidding. My broken-ass, POS van, loaded with stuff, hit 100 with no problems.)

Fortunately, St.Hillary was asleep. 40 miles later, there was an exit, and I took it. After stretching a bit, getting my car revived, and acquiring soda, we go back out... and see the bastard being pulled over by a cop. I didn't hate that.

Kittens...and museli.

Worst breakfast ever

Bullion Cube wrote:

Kittens...and museli.

Worst breakfast ever

Personally, I can't start the day without a nice bowl of kittens and muesli. Breakfast of champions!

Friends who end friendships for no reason at all, so that even their other friends can't tell you why they did it. Thank you very much, I really appreciate you being responsible for my current state of mind! A decent depression is exactly what I need right now!

Let me correct that first statement:
People. And life in general.

Tailgaters and reckless drivers . We got quiet a few of those in Israel.

Other than that I dislike our previous mayor (forced out) that got reelected despite the fact got convicted in a plea bargain for "breach of faith" ( he wasn't doing his job).He was accused he gave his political supporters infrastructure projects without calling for bids . He's currently challenging the fact that the court found "shame"( a legal term which prevent people from taking public offices) in his conviction.

I also dislike a specific parliament so much I don't want to even hear this person speak. All this "clean hands", "strong values " nonsense doesn't fool me. I know that to be a successful politician need to know how to lie and to reach compromise even with his greatest rival.

In both cases i voted for whoever can beat them (the least of 2 evil politics) .

Andy wrote:

Friends who end friendships for no reason at all, so that even their other friends can't tell you why they did it. Thank you very much, I really appreciate you being responsible for my current state of mind! A decent depression is exactly what I need right now!

Let me correct that first statement:
People. And life in general.

Andy, I think you know what to do in that situation. Fire2.