Random thing you loathe right now.

Clemenstation wrote:
MyBrainHz wrote:

I am editing some text for a proposal, in which I discovered that the word "impactful" fills me with rage. RAGE!

Double down and upgrade that to "impactibility".

OH MY GOD. These people must be stopped.

But the impactibility of this program will have synergistic ramifications on the cohesiveness of the various units impactful ability to successfully realize our new paradigm of business practices in this new age of total information dialogue between corporate departments as we advance our end goals of dynamic modularity......

oh god i just hurt my brain... heh i made a funny!

Now we're "infusing quality control". Like tea. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP.

Maq wrote:

it doesn't have telnet? 0_o

HOW CAN IT NOT HAVE TELNET?! GNNNARRRGH!

Server Manager -> Features -> Check Telnet Server and/or Telnet Client. Boom.

Clemenstation wrote:
MyBrainHz wrote:

I am editing some text for a proposal, in which I discovered that the word "impactful" fills me with rage. RAGE!

Double down and upgrade that to "impactibility".

Impactiosity

iaintgotnopants wrote:
Clemenstation wrote:
MyBrainHz wrote:

I am editing some text for a proposal, in which I discovered that the word "impactful" fills me with rage. RAGE!

Double down and upgrade that to "impactibility".

Impactiosity

Ooh, that word is infused with impactfulness.

iaintgotnopants wrote:
Clemenstation wrote:
MyBrainHz wrote:

I am editing some text for a proposal, in which I discovered that the word "impactful" fills me with rage. RAGE!

Double down and upgrade that to "impactibility".

Impactiosity

Ahhh, that's a porch with a ceiling.

I like it when people take a verb and then inexplicably turn it into a verb again, e.g. "impactify".

The action of impactifying something shall be henceforth known as impactification.

Impactificactionating.

LiquidMantis wrote:

Impactificactionating.

Why did everything go red? Oh, that's the blood pouring out of my eyes.

What are the key learnings from this discussion?

Kraint wrote:

What are the key learnings from this discussion?

Unnecessarily expanding the word 'impact' rapes the English language like a marauding Viking.

Clemenstation wrote:
Kraint wrote:

What are the key learnings from this discussion?

Unnecessarily expanding the word 'impact' rapes the English language like a marauding Viking.

Now that's just an ignorant thing to say.

wordsmythe wrote:
Clemenstation wrote:
Kraint wrote:

What are the key learnings from this discussion?

Unnecessarily expanding the word 'impact' rapes the English language like a marauding Viking.

Now that's just an ignorant thing to say.

Is typing it alright though?

Kraint wrote:

What are the key learnings from this discussion?

Everyone involved in tonight's Mannehatten Project will have "Impact" in their name somehow.

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:

Mannehatten Project

I hope this means TF2. Because that's just brilliant.

iaintgotnopants wrote:
Bonus_Eruptus wrote:

Mannehatten Project

I hope this means TF2. Because that's just brilliant.

It does indeed.

PMS. Because tears are fun.

Gah, my brother's girlfriend's parents are away for the weekend, so she's staying here. They're the worst kind of couple to be around, that teenage 'we're gonna ignore everyone and just snuggle/kiss/make weird noises at each other' phase. They're making it totally awkward for anyone in a room with them, and clearly don't mind who observes their constant canoodling, so I pretty much have to stay away from the two lounge-type rooms (my usual habitat), because they're just too awkward to be around. Bleh

IMAGE(http://www.nataliedee.com/112610/november-in-ohio-is-pretty-predictable.jpg)

Here in Montreal it'll be a high of -19 C tomorrow. I'm going to spend the day buried in blankets.

Lost the last of my grandparents today. It was coming, we all knew it was, but it still sucks. What I think I hate about it most though, is that timeline-wise, the next people to go will be your parents.

oilypenguin wrote:

IMAGE(http://www.nataliedee.com/112610/november-in-ohio-is-pretty-predictable.jpg)

Trade ya. It's upper 60s/low 70s here.

I never understood the phrase "cold as balls". I mean, my balls are pretty warm. Should they be frigid? Has the impactfulnessiosity Al Gore's repeated warnings of scrotal warming been confined to my crotch?

Well, your balls are supposed to be cool relative to the rest of your body. Of course, I also hear the expression "hot as balls" too, so I doubt there's much rhyme or reason to the statement.

Balls: The go-to when it comes to comparatives!

Prederick wrote:

Lost the last of my grandparents today. It was coming, we all knew it was, but it still sucks. What I think I hate about it most though, is that timeline-wise, the next people to go will be your parents.

Sorry to hear that, Pred. Lost my last grandmother in 2006, just after her 90th, and I know what you mean. Makes you start trying to make the most of your time with your own parents and saying the things that we don't say enough, particularly when you watch how they handle the death of their parents.

We'll be thinking about you.

Weathernetwork says -39 with windchill today. I'll just round that up to -40 since its the same in Fahrenheit. I'm on call for work today, REALLY hope I don't get called.

El-Taco-the-Rogue wrote:

Balls: The go-to when it comes to comparatives!

Breakfast was tasty as balls.