Random thing you loathe right now.

SallyNasty wrote:

Postal Service delays. Seriously, you would think that the Trump supporters who are ok with him dismantling the USPS so he can more readily disenfranchise voters would halt their support when they realize it means that their Amazon order is going to be delayed.

But they’re getting free stuff because of it. I’ve had two items arrive late from Amazon. At some point Amazon told me that they lost my package and would I want a refund? I said yes refund. Then a week later the item arrives. One of the items was a $70 Xbox wireless controller. Now I’m kicking myself because I should’ve bought the elite.

Alexa will add to it by voice.

Huh, I didn’t realize that Amazon was still really using USPS for many deliveries. The wife and I both receive multiple deliveries a month on average, and I don’t remember the last time anyone but Amazon drivers made a delivery from them. (usually from an Amazon van, but occasionally from unmarked vehicles around holidays)

Might depend on the area. They seem to use a pretty even mix of USPS and their own around here.

Jasonofindy wrote:

Huh, I didn’t realize that Amazon was still really using USPS for many deliveries. The wife and I both receive multiple deliveries a month on average, and I don’t remember the last time anyone but Amazon drivers made a delivery from them. (usually from an Amazon van, but occasionally from unmarked vehicles around holidays)

I thought the same thing, but my last three amazon packages have all come via usps, including a new vacuum cleaner, so it wasn't a matter of package size.

In rural areas it's exclusively USPS and maybe UPS/Fedex if those are offered there.

It is about 50/50 for me and I am in the suburbs.

Yeah, it's maybe 70-30 contractors and USPS here. Rarely see an actual Amazon vehicle.

Amazon never wanted to get into the delivery business. They only did so because the other delivery services couldn’t keep up with their demand.

Their model is to use their own delivery service first, then give the overflow to the other delivery services. So each area and region will be slightly different. There are most likely large areas that Amazon uses only the other companies for, and other areas where it varies day to day depending on the demand.

During peak season (Xmas) I know that UPS uses gig drivers and I’m pretty sure that Amazon does too.

Going to pee in the middle of the night in a dark bathroom and not hearing splashes.

I live in a suburban area and it's 99% USPS and UPS for me. Then the one time it was "Amazon" they dropped it in a puddle on the rainy sidewalk and left (as described a few days ago in the loathe thread). Thankfully, they've been back to USPS and UPS for me since then. I'd never even heard of Amazon actually delivering anything until that day, and I was disappointed it wasn't a drone dropping it off because even if the drone dropped it in a puddle, I'd have still found it to be pretty cool.

MaxShrek wrote:

Going to pee in the middle of the night in a dark bathroom and not hearing splashes.

You can sit down, you know. Alone in the dark in the middle of the night, no one will judge you.

ClockworkHouse wrote:
MaxShrek wrote:

Going to pee in the middle of the night in a dark bathroom and not hearing splashes.

You can sit down, you know. Alone in the dark in the middle of the night, no one will judge you.

I believe Toilet Cat still renders a verdict...
IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/2Kuf05Sg.jpg)

ClockworkHouse wrote:
MaxShrek wrote:

Going to pee in the middle of the night in a dark bathroom and not hearing splashes.

You can sit down, you know. Alone in the dark in the middle of the night, no one will judge you.

So weird to me how many men won't sit as though it is emasculating.

I see amazon vehicles here all the time. But 4 out of 5 amazon deliveries have been USPS in the past year.

SallyNasty wrote:
ClockworkHouse wrote:
MaxShrek wrote:

Going to pee in the middle of the night in a dark bathroom and not hearing splashes.

You can sit down, you know. Alone in the dark in the middle of the night, no one will judge you.

So weird to me how many men won't sit as though it is emasculating.

It’s so much harder to look at your phone while standing. Just enjoy a short sit down with the goodjer forums.

RawkGWJ wrote:
SallyNasty wrote:
ClockworkHouse wrote:
MaxShrek wrote:

Going to pee in the middle of the night in a dark bathroom and not hearing splashes.

You can sit down, you know. Alone in the dark in the middle of the night, no one will judge you.

So weird to me how many men won't sit as though it is emasculating.

It’s so much harder to look at your phone while standing. Just enjoy a short sit down with the goodjer forums.

Sometimes I sit, but my son has worse aim then I do, and he doesn't lift the seat up. So....

MaxShrek wrote:
RawkGWJ wrote:
SallyNasty wrote:
ClockworkHouse wrote:
MaxShrek wrote:

Going to pee in the middle of the night in a dark bathroom and not hearing splashes.

You can sit down, you know. Alone in the dark in the middle of the night, no one will judge you.

So weird to me how many men won't sit as though it is emasculating.

It’s so much harder to look at your phone while standing. Just enjoy a short sit down with the goodjer forums.

Sometimes I sit, but my son has worse aim then I do, and he doesn't lift the seat up. So....

Then you should teach him to sit down as well, as then you won't have to worry about him making a mess next time your visiting friends and he goes to the bathroom.

Nah, it just means the kid gets bathroom detail until he figures it out...

Every week, I teach my boys to sit down on the toilet, yes even to pee. And every week, they come back from their father’s and I have to start all over again.

SallyNasty wrote:
ClockworkHouse wrote:

You can sit down, you know. Alone in the dark in the middle of the night, no one will judge you.

So weird to me how many men won't sit as though it is emasculating.

This so much. And I hate that I can hear the dude in the apartment above me. Every. Single. Time.
Just sit your asses down, penis havers.

Peeing standing up is the dark souls of going to the bathroom. Sometimes I turn on the tri-stream for extra challenge.

I am the antithesis of maculation!

SallyNasty wrote:

So weird to me how many men won't sit as though it is emasculating.

According to my wife, be careful what you wish for...

*points to tag*

"Are you STILL in there?"

Honestly, I'd cop less sh*t if I just peed everywhere.

I have another simple solution: turn on the lights.

Jonman wrote:
SallyNasty wrote:

So weird to me how many men won't sit as though it is emasculating.

According to my wife, be careful what you wish for...

*points to tag*

"Are you STILL in there?"

Honestly, I'd cop less sh*t if I just peed everywhere.

Among Us is free and a round or two is just about the right amount of time...

Quintin_Stone wrote:

I have another simple solution: turn on the lights.

How can you call this a solution? As far as I’m concerned it’s not even an option. Sitting works just fine.

Ordered something from Newegg.ca. Was supposed to arrive yesterday. Purolator tracking info hasn't been updated since the 23rd. Update says it's working its way through the border. The place of origin is only two towns over in Canada. No idea what the updated delivery timeline is.

Edit: Chatted with Purolator and apparently the origin isn't in Canada but somewhere in the USA. That sucks since it would have changed where I bought this from.

RawkGWJ wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

I have another simple solution: turn on the lights.

How can you call this a solution? As far as I’m concerned it’s not even an option. Sitting works just fine.

Same here. If I get up to pee, I'm treading the fine yellow line between being functional enough to use the toilet, but not so functional that I wake up more than I need to. Standing takes more effort, I'd rather sit, relax, close my eyes, and play Russian Roulette with the Sandman.

PurEvil wrote:
RawkGWJ wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

I have another simple solution: turn on the lights.

How can you call this a solution? As far as I’m concerned it’s not even an option. Sitting works just fine.

Same here. If I get up to pee, I'm treading the fine yellow line between being functional enough to use the toilet, but not so functional that I wake up more than I need to. Standing takes more effort, I'd rather sit, relax, close my eyes, and play Russian Roulette with the Sandman.

Since I've read that turning on the lights convinces your brain it's time to get up, I've never turned on the light again. I've always been a super light sleeper, even if it's not actually true the placebo effect would be enough to keep me awake.

And yes I always sit down.

I work at night and sleep in the day. The bathroom closest to my bed is extremely bright in the daytime. No matter how much I darken the room, once I open that bathroom door all of the sunlight pours into my eyes and starts me to waking up. My solution is to keep my sleep mask on, only peering under it for brief moments to find my way. This works pretty well.

Ordered something from a store (Ikea) three weeks ago, with the 'Click & Collect' option. The email telling me that my order was ready to be collected never came. A week later, I called to have the order cancelled and asked for a reimbursement. Guy tells me it has to be done by the Ottawa store, so he forwards my request to them. A few days later, nothing shows up on my credit card. So I call again. The person tells me they will send another request to the Ottawa store to have it cancelled and refunded. A week later, nothing. So I call again yesterday. There was some activity today: They charged my credit card again!

One quick (and important) point: Each time I call, I have to spend at least an hour waiting before someone even picks up the phone.

So now I'm facing a dilemma: The idea of using 'Click & Collect' is precisely so I don't have to go line up in front of the store before I can even get in to grab what I need, and risk exposition to COVID-19. So, do I call them AGAIN to have my order refunded twice, or do I go to the store and talk to a customer service person...