Random thing you loathe right now.

Carpenter Ants in my garage.

The new Wednesday class instructor in my gym flirts with me constantly.

The reason it's a loathe is because she is clearly doing it because in her mind I'm a harmless old man twice her age and it just serves as a great reminder of my own mortality and how I already don't like how much of my body is falling apart so it actually is very irritating.

kuddles wrote:

My favourite part about black licorice, aside from how good it tastes, is that when I buy a bag nobody else is going to mooch off me.

Licorice (both red & black) is one like the only "garbage kids candy" deals that I'm totally down with as an adult.

Absolutely love it.

kuddles wrote:

The new Wednesday class instructor in my gym flirts with me constantly.

The reason it's a loathe is because she is clearly doing it because in her mind I'm a harmless old man twice her age and it just serves as a great reminder of my own mortality and how I already don't like how much of my body is falling apart so it actually is very irritating.

Or she is really into decrepitude?

SallyNasty wrote:
kuddles wrote:

The new Wednesday class instructor in my gym flirts with me constantly.

The reason it's a loathe is because she is clearly doing it because in her mind I'm a harmless old man twice her age and it just serves as a great reminder of my own mortality and how I already don't like how much of my body is falling apart so it actually is very irritating.

Or she is really into decrepitude?

Looking forward to the "I never believed it would happen to me, but...." post in a couple weeks.

Benadryl. Quit making me sleepy, jerk.

kuddles wrote:

The new Wednesday class instructor in my gym flirts with me constantly.

The reason it's a loathe is because she is clearly doing it because in her mind I'm a harmless old man twice her age and it just serves as a great reminder of my own mortality and how I already don't like how much of my body is falling apart so it actually is very irritating.

Aaron D. wrote:
kuddles wrote:

My favourite part about black licorice, aside from how good it tastes, is that when I buy a bag nobody else is going to mooch off me.

Licorice (both red & black) is one like the only "garbage kids candy" deals that I'm totally down with as an adult.

Absolutely love it.

I don't feel that red licorice should be called licorice at all (and I know it isn't in some parts of the world). I grew up with red licorice and loved it. Black licorice is one of the most disgusting things I have ever had. I have no idea how people enjoy it or Jägermeister (other than the 35% ABV).

Rykin wrote:
Aaron D. wrote:
kuddles wrote:

My favourite part about black licorice, aside from how good it tastes, is that when I buy a bag nobody else is going to mooch off me.

Licorice (both red & black) is one like the only "garbage kids candy" deals that I'm totally down with as an adult.

Absolutely love it.

I don't feel that red licorice should be called licorice at all (and I know it isn't in some parts of the world). I grew up with red licorice and loved it. Black licorice is one of the most disgusting things I have ever had. I have no idea how people enjoy it or Jägermeister (other than the 35% ABV).

I think the point of and a good bit of the marketing that made it popular is that Jägermeister isn't palatable. Kind of like the super hoppy beers, it was a macho "Are you MAN enough to handle this foul concoction?! *airhorn blast*"

edit: Bad anise pun that didn't work removed. Suffice it to say i dislike licorice and licorice adjacent flavors.

thrawn82 wrote:

I think the point of and a good bit of the marketing that made it popular is that Jägermeister isn't palatable. Kind of like the super hoppy beers, it was a macho "Are you MAN enough to handle this foul concoction?! *airhorn blast*"

edit: Bad anise pun that didn't work removed. Suffice it to say i dislike licorice and licorice adjacent flavors.

I have never witnessed Jager as a manly-mans drink. About 70% of the people I knew who liked it were female and the other 30% were the hipster 90s film snob crowd who are very much into super gross IPAs these days.

Them "Here try this IPA it is like the Reservoir Dogs of beers."
Me "Oh god it tastes like liquid hand soap."
Them "I know it's great isn't it?"

Rykin wrote:
thrawn82 wrote:

I think the point of and a good bit of the marketing that made it popular is that Jägermeister isn't palatable. Kind of like the super hoppy beers, it was a macho "Are you MAN enough to handle this foul concoction?! *airhorn blast*"

edit: Bad anise pun that didn't work removed. Suffice it to say i dislike licorice and licorice adjacent flavors.

I have never witnessed Jager as a manly-mans drink. About 70% of the people I knew who liked it were female and the other 30% were the hipster 90s film snob crowd who are very much into super gross IPAs these days.

Them "Here try this IPA it is like the Reservoir Dogs of beers."
Me "Oh god it tastes like liquid hand soap."
Them "I know it's great isn't it?"

When I was in college in the early the 2000s it was very much the prove your frat-boy manhood drink.

thrawn82 wrote:
Rykin wrote:
thrawn82 wrote:

I think the point of and a good bit of the marketing that made it popular is that Jägermeister isn't palatable. Kind of like the super hoppy beers, it was a macho "Are you MAN enough to handle this foul concoction?! *airhorn blast*"

edit: Bad anise pun that didn't work removed. Suffice it to say i dislike licorice and licorice adjacent flavors.

I have never witnessed Jager as a manly-mans drink. About 70% of the people I knew who liked it were female and the other 30% were the hipster 90s film snob crowd who are very much into super gross IPAs these days.

Them "Here try this IPA it is like the Reservoir Dogs of beers."
Me "Oh god it tastes like liquid hand soap."
Them "I know it's great isn't it?"

When I was in college in the early the 2000s it was very much the prove your frat-boy manhood drink.

Manly Man culture will never make sense to me. "You wanna know what a real man drinks?! Herbal digestives!"

I am a fan of black licorice. I think I inherited the gene from my grandmothers, the only other people in my extended family who liked it.

So one Easter I got all black jelly beans in my basket and was very excited until my dad said, "Look! The Easter Bunny pooped in your basket!"

Herbal digestives are tasty tho.
Not Jaeger it's too sweet.

Delbin wrote:
thrawn82 wrote:
Rykin wrote:
thrawn82 wrote:

I think the point of and a good bit of the marketing that made it popular is that Jägermeister isn't palatable. Kind of like the super hoppy beers, it was a macho "Are you MAN enough to handle this foul concoction?! *airhorn blast*"

edit: Bad anise pun that didn't work removed. Suffice it to say i dislike licorice and licorice adjacent flavors.

I have never witnessed Jager as a manly-mans drink. About 70% of the people I knew who liked it were female and the other 30% were the hipster 90s film snob crowd who are very much into super gross IPAs these days.

Them "Here try this IPA it is like the Reservoir Dogs of beers."
Me "Oh god it tastes like liquid hand soap."
Them "I know it's great isn't it?"

When I was in college in the early the 2000s it was very much the prove your frat-boy manhood drink.

Manly Man culture will never make sense to me. "You wanna know what a real man drinks?! Herbal digestives!"

The manliness wasn't about the taste, but the urban legend of the drink. Lots of people thought it contained deer or elk blood (it doesn't) which made it badass.

Seeing the bariatric surgeon tomorrow. Frustrated at how long one of my doctors took to get me notes. Basically I called them and asked them to send them to my GP I was seeing today. Today arrives and they still hadn't faxed as of 2 hours of the appointment. I arrive and ask if it's been faxed and apparently the person called 1 1/2 hours beforehand to ask for the fax number, then just never sent anything. When they finally did send the info, they only sent 2 nutritionist appointments instead of all of them. I then had to call them back after finishing with my GP and it still took about 20 minutes from call to faxing the right stuff. Now I'm just worried about how my meeting with the surgeon will go tomorrow.

Rainsmercy wrote:

Carpenter Ants in my garage.

Spoiler:

IMAGE(https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/66438078_10221153359570641_4178075599216050176_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQmDAdtblKVhQ9eDEj23Cc62CbVeMtFLaPolgmFx-ja-8t6gp9Rd7zq3wPoH-8iXT20&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=b0aec984471664b894729800526d1370&oe=5DADF473)

Burn down house; get new house.

Alternatively, get pet ant eater, call it Sidney; do not burn down house.

Nimcosi wrote:
Rainsmercy wrote:

Carpenter Ants in my garage.

Spoiler:

IMAGE(https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/66438078_10221153359570641_4178075599216050176_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQmDAdtblKVhQ9eDEj23Cc62CbVeMtFLaPolgmFx-ja-8t6gp9Rd7zq3wPoH-8iXT20&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=b0aec984471664b894729800526d1370&oe=5DADF473)

Burn down house; get new house.

Alternatively, get pet ant eater, call it Sidney; do not burn down house.

IMAGE(https://scontent.ffcm1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/66945399_10221169457373076_9122158980745920512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQn9mk9W3DFauHWNPf3LRVpbVhsoi3RT0bgzVjmsiTbMFUBKnL8juCd425MMZTzWavc&_nc_ht=scontent.ffcm1-2.fna&oh=aaf812bee3f7b50af3d18bc2a8ef15c2&oe=5DB96EF0)

I have a neighbor that keeps setting off fireworks between 11pm and 1am. It just happened tonight. A week after the 4th of July.

DSGamer wrote:

I have a neighbor that keeps setting off fireworks between 11pm and 1am. It just happened tonight. A week after the 4th of July.

Young Steve Martin to heckler: "Yeah, I remember my first beer."

kuddles wrote:

My favourite part about black licorice, aside from how good it tastes, is that when I buy a bag nobody else is going to mooch off me.

This is my wife. She'll always offer me some with a sly grin because she knows it's one of my food mortal enemies.

RnRClown wrote:
kuddles wrote:

My favourite part about black licorice, aside from how good it tastes, is that when I buy a bag nobody else is going to mooch off me.

This is my wife. She'll always offer me some with a sly grin because she knows it's one of my food mortal enemies.

Likelikelikelikelike.

When a package is set for delivery on Tuesday, and the tracking shows that it's currently sitting in a warehouse an eighth of a mile from my front door.

trichy wrote:

When a package is set for delivery on Tuesday, and the tracking shows that it's currently sitting in a warehouse an eighth of a mile from my front door.

It's almost guaranteed you'll be their last delivery for the day. That's how it was for me when I used to have a Best Buy warehouse just under a mile from me. The delivery people always remarked how they could have just walked it to us and didn't understand why we had to wait till the end of their route.

Mantid wrote:
trichy wrote:

When a package is set for delivery on Tuesday, and the tracking shows that it's currently sitting in a warehouse an eighth of a mile from my front door.

It's almost guaranteed you'll be their last delivery for the day. That's how it was for me when I used to have a Best Buy warehouse just under a mile from me. The delivery people always remarked how they could have just walked it to us and didn't understand why we had to wait till the end of their route.

Fortunately, it's set to deliver to my office, which is a bit further away. But it's ridiculous that I can't pick it up.

Phone apps that use the ringer volume instead of the media volume when making sounds.

trichy wrote:
Mantid wrote:
trichy wrote:

When a package is set for delivery on Tuesday, and the tracking shows that it's currently sitting in a warehouse an eighth of a mile from my front door.

It's almost guaranteed you'll be their last delivery for the day. That's how it was for me when I used to have a Best Buy warehouse just under a mile from me. The delivery people always remarked how they could have just walked it to us and didn't understand why we had to wait till the end of their route.

Fortunately, it's set to deliver to my office, which is a bit further away. But it's ridiculous that I can't pick it up.

Are you sure you can't pick it up? My wife's phone was at the warehouse and I called and set up an appointment and they let her come pick it up. She had to provide proof that it was her, but beyond that it was fairly painless.

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
bekkilyn wrote:

Printers that make you jump through hoops trying to get a print job done because it insists the toner needs to be changed when it doesn't.

This works with Brother toner cartridges, might with others. If you take the toner cartridge out, and there's a little clear window on either side, cover one or both with a little piece of duct (or other opaque) tape. It basically has a light sensor or something that uses whether it can see through that to determine when you should replace the toner, but it triggers at about half-full. Got double the life out of my toner cartridges after that.

My printer just happens to be a Brother...yay! I will try this strategy! I've gotten so much extra use out of laser printer cartridges even after they have begun streaking the page just by taking out the cartridge and shaking it a bit and then putting it back in. Swapping out a half-full printer cartridge is like replacing it when it's still half new!

My unrelated loathe for the day: People who listen to videos on their phones in public places without wearing headphones. I don't want to hear what you are watching and I'm pretty sure no one else wants to hear it either!

So we just had a minor earthquake so imagine people are stocking up on supplies in case a big one hits. When I went to get water most of it was gone as a predicted but what I didn't predict was the price hike. A week ago a gallon of water was 89 - 99 cents depending on the brand. Now a gallon is 1.30. Seems like a crappy time to be raising the price on water.

Baron Of Hell wrote:

So we just had a minor earthquake so imagine people are stocking up on supplies in case a big one hits. When I went to get water most of it was gone as a predicted but what I didn't predict was the price hike. A week ago a gallon of water was 89 - 99 cents depending on the brand. Now a gallon is 1.30. Seems like a crappy time to be raising the price on water.

Something something supply, something something demand. Corporations can be sh*t. Saying people didn't feel right, I doubt the employees at the store would willingly choose to price hike a basic necessity.