Random thing you loathe right now.

How can anyone refuse to call Gremlins a Christmas movie? The others I can see because you can argue that the story just happens to take place on Christmas. (Also, Lethal Weapon takes place at Christmas so why is it always Die Hard that gets the mention?) But the whole narrative of Gremlins feeds into the fact that it's Christmas Eve.

Its been stated earlier, Die Hard doesn't just take place at Christmas, Christmas is a vital element in the plot. The Christmas party is central to the plot, and the Christmas elements take part in the action scenes. Gremlins as well, the fact that it's Christmas is central to the plot.

carrotpanic wrote:

ya but is a taco a hot dog

wait isn't a hot dog a sandwich

oh god this means tacos are sandwiches too

Pop tarts are ravioli, lasagne is a club sandwich.

Grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup are deconstructed pizza.

And deep-dish pizza is actually a casserole.

Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:

And deep-dish pizza is actually a casserole.

This is true.

Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:

And deep-dish pizza is actually a casserole.

Hotdish, in Minnesota.

misplacedbravado wrote:
Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:

And deep-dish pizza is actually a casserole.

Hotdish, in Minnesota.

Tater tots are just mini potatoes made of other potatoes held together by wizards.....Up is down.

Also these things are ravioli.IMAGE(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d3/Smucker%27s_Uncrustable_Cut_-_Day_26_of_100_Project_%288126561088%29.jpg/1200px-Smucker%27s_Uncrustable_Cut_-_Day_26_of_100_Project_%288126561088%29.jpg)

Then what are corn-dogs?

You guys got food aphasia. Toys is a Christmas movie.

Dr.Incurable wrote:

Then what are corn-dogs?

an abomination.

Chairman_Mao wrote:
Dr.Incurable wrote:

Then what are corn-dogs?

an abomination.

You take that back blasphemer!

IMAGE(https://scontent.ffcm1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48423185_808664049487364_4806761079369629696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.ffcm1-1.fna&oh=96b9ce8cf679f06e150c2ed80096dc16&oe=5CD568D5)

Catholic priests.

MaxShrek wrote:

Catholic priests.

Could you elaborate?

I went to Catholic school, and went to church often. The priests I dealt with were assnotes

MaxShrek wrote:

I went to Catholic school, and went to church often. The priests I dealt with were assnotes

That’s too bad. It’s probably because of the celibacy thing. That would make anyone act like a prick. Priests should be able to marry anyone they want. Including marrying men. And also marrying other priests.

My wife went to catholic high school. She has some interesting stories.

And Darksiders is a God of War game. Not a Zelda game.

Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:

And deep-dish pizza is actually a casserole.

Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:

And deep-dish pizza is actually a the best kind of pizza.

FTFY

Did the loathe thread become the Hot Take thread?

My boyfriend's dad. He treats people like crap, but particularly me. When he isn't being an asshole to his wife that does everything for him, he is being an asshole to me but much moreso because he knows he can get away with it. I'm basically his punching bag for all the problems in his life. He's able to sit on his ass all day complaining about everyone else because I do most of the chores of the house, but it is never enough for him. If you do something, it is terrible how you did it. And if you don't do something, it is terrible that you didn't do it. He complains about people not taking responsibility for themselves, but of all the people I've met in my life he is the one that takes the least responsibility for themselves. He's a 70-year-old man baby that has spent his entire life being coddled by his mom to his wife and it shows. He acts like he's some progressive man, but in all his actions he is the very definition of regressive.

It's pretty bad when his wife even says "He's turning into a miserable old man that hates everyone and that everyone will hate." I know I have my share of issues, but he's just such an unrelenting asshole and I really wish I never had to see him again in my life.

Sorry Boog, that sounds terrible.

Mixolyde wrote:

And Darksiders is a God of War game. Not a Zelda game.

Can we just all agree that the most accurate genre for Darksiders is "bad"?

ClockworkHouse wrote:
Mixolyde wrote:

And Darksiders is a God of War game. Not a Zelda game.

Can we just all agree that the most accurate genre for Darksiders is "bad"?

Sure, but maybe for $15...

Felt a stabbing pain in my bladder yesterday, thought it might be some kind of stone. Been at the local ER all day, and CT scan revealed diverticulitis in the sigmoid colon, so I have to be transferred to a surgical hospital where I'll either be under observation for a few days, or having a colostomy like my wife did 3 years ago.

Not at all how I'd hoped to spend my two week vacation.

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:

Felt a stabbing pain in my bladder yesterday, thought it might be some kind of stone. Been at the local ER all day, and CT scan revealed diverticulitis in the sigmoid colon, so I have to be transferred to a surgical hospital where I'll either be under observation for a few days, or having a colostomy like my wife did 3 years ago.

Not at all how I'd hoped to spend my two week vacation.

sorry to hear, Bonus. I hope they can get it sorted out quickly.

Beginning the two day—14ish hour drive home tomorrow. Hope for good weather between WV and IA.

Hoping for a good outcome for you Bonus. Get well soon.