I posted this over in the IPhone thread, but I believe it should go here for the more knowledgeable baseball fans that remember how good Earl Weaver was:
For the Baseball fan:(http://ewbbaseball.com/)
EWB Baseball for sale in the App Store
March 23rd, 2009
This is just the first version for the iPhone… new features are ready or in the queue… let me know what features you’re looking for.. it’s an ongoing work-in-progress. Thanks to everyone for their help.
So, what’s in it?
March 4th, 2009
For starters, it’s a port of “I Got It Baseball” (available as shareware for Windows), which is based on the Earl Weaver 2.1 release (sadly, never got released by EA ).
Wills at the plate
Just a list of stuff in the game:
- full stats simulator that uses (what should have been patented) combination of statistics and physics
- several playback modes: old fashioned (Earl Weaver 1) overviews, multi-camera views and a 3D “Director”. Can also play games in a few seconds with no graphics
- The sound of the crowd, the voice of the umpire, the crack of the bat.. right into your iPhone headset
- Instant replay (so you can watch how they pulled off that triple play)
- full box score results from games
- game will ship with old time allstar league
- game ships with 32 historical and fantasy ballparks (inside, outside, grass, artificial turf, green monsters, etc.)
- will provide soon (possibly by ship date) league files for many, many seasons.
- game features full simulation mode, YOU manage mode (your team vs. the computer “Skipper”) and soon to be completed, ACTION mode
- First version features a round robin schedule, but the full league scheduling capabilities are built in and ready to implement quickly
- Graphics are from the old days… some work pretty well, some need improvement.. if the project does well, I’ll upgrade to openGL
- The Commissioner/GM functions are integrated in… from granting a day off to viewing reports of both historical and “accumulated” stats
- It’s just plain fun to watch games this way!