Wizards is giving away free magic half deck while supplies last.

Here I rule promo.

I'm always down for free cards.

terms and condition wrote:

What Do I Get? Eligible Customers will each receive a Magic: The Gathering card set (Approximate Retail Value:
$5 USD) (“Gift”). The cards are meant to enable game play. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Gift of equal
or greater value, in the event that it is unable to award any of the Gifts advertised herein. OFFER SUBJECT TO
AVAILABILITY OF GIFT AND WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. LIMITED TO ONE GIFT PER ELIGIBLE CUSTOMER
PER HOUSEHOLD.

Whoo hoo...I'm all signed up!

Question the first: Are these being given away on MTGO as well?

Question the second: Assuming they are being given away on MTGO, has MTGO been improved yet to the point where I would actually care if I was being given free cards?

Wizards Of The Coast wrote:

Offer valid to U.S. Residents only. While supplies last.

Boo! Discrimination against Canadians! Boo!

MyBrainHz wrote:

Question the first: Are these being given away on MTGO as well?

Question the second: Assuming they are being given away on MTGO, has MTGO been improved yet to the point where I would actually care if I was being given free cards?

I don't know if they are but my last encounter with mtgo was not all that fun. Took forever for collections to show up, my decks would not show up to be loaded in deck edit, challenges timed out, and server wide message that trades were on hold.

Judge_Digger wrote:
Wizards Of The Coast wrote:

Offer valid to U.S. Residents only. While supplies last.

Boo! Discrimination against Canadians! Boo!

Weird. The site redirects me to a Europe only offer. No mention of North America at all!

Judge_Digger wrote:
Wizards Of The Coast wrote:

Offer valid to U.S. Residents only. While supplies last.

Boo! Discrimination against Canadians! Boo!

You beat me to it.

Boo-urns.

No, must resist temptation. My monies, they will perish in the vaults of wizards of the coast once again!

Trach, try again. I just clicked and it worked fine. 6-8 weeks for my deck to arrive.

MTG Giveaway Site wrote:

The spark of a planeswalker has ignited within you and the infinite Multiverse of Magic: The Gathering now lies at your feet. A free deck containing a powerful arsenal of sorcery will be delivered to you in 6 to 8 weeks. Use it. Get in the Multiverse, find a Wizards Play Network location at magicthegathering.com, challenge other planeswalkers, forge your destiny, and declare "Here I Rule!"

Glorious!

I used to be really into MTG. My wallet hopes that having no one to play will keep my hands away from it.

DeThroned wrote:

Trach, try again. I just clicked and it worked fine. 6-8 weeks for my deck to arrive.

Nope, still no option for Canada for me. When I set my language/country pref to Canada, the "Here I Rule" site defaults to the UK

I received my two free decks (blue and black) then, after three days of resisting, I spent $50 on 315 more cards from all the sets in the current Standard card pool. I knew this would happen. Now I'm thinking about all the cards (Alpha through Ice Age) I used to have... But now I get to start anew. For good and bad.

The new expansion is out at the end of the month. I have a lot of cards to open between now and then.

I got my two decks (blue and white) on Friday. And I still do have all my old cards (Beta through Visions, I think) in the basement.

Maybe I'll see if my oldest daughter would be interested in learning to play.

Got mine on Friday (Red & Black). I almost forgot I sent in for these.

Too bad there's no way for us to play. Oh well, back to springing it on guests!

I also believe that buying a mess of Magic cards like I did, crossed of a life goal I set when I was 13. Glad to make you smile little buddy- Now if I could only get 45-year-old me to stop scowling....

Got mine here too. Black and white I think. I haven't played in forever so ended up giving them to a friend who would find the cards more useful.

I got my decks last week. I am thinking about restarting the game, just so I have something to do. Plus, now I can be one of those guys who has 4 of every card who I used to hate.

Either they are no longer giving them away or I am missing something, not seeing anywhere to sign up for free cards.

I moved and I really hope that my cards do not get lost in the shuffle....

I got my decks (red & blue) a couple of days ago. I opened them up and was disapinted that there wasn't any rares, just an uncommon. Still free cards are free right? Anyway I put them in my closet with the 10k other magic cards I'm not playing.

Rainsmercy wrote:

Either they are no longer giving them away or I am missing something, not seeing anywhere to sign up for free cards.

Same here, kinda happy though. I don't ever need to spend money on more Magic cards. If they'd release a version of magic online where you buy the software and it comes with like so many sets then when they released new sets allowed people to buy software that had all the new cards, I'd buy it right now. I really don't like the online microtransaction method they're currently using.

mrwynd wrote:
Rainsmercy wrote:

Either they are no longer giving them away or I am missing something, not seeing anywhere to sign up for free cards.

Same here, kinda happy though. I don't ever need to spend money on more Magic cards. If they'd release a version of magic online where you buy the software and it comes with like so many sets then when they released new sets allowed people to buy software that had all the new cards, I'd buy it right now. I really don't like the online microtransaction method they're currently using.

Sounds like Duels of the Planeswalker for xbox live.

Brizahd wrote:
mrwynd wrote:
Rainsmercy wrote:

Either they are no longer giving them away or I am missing something, not seeing anywhere to sign up for free cards.

Same here, kinda happy though. I don't ever need to spend money on more Magic cards. If they'd release a version of magic online where you buy the software and it comes with like so many sets then when they released new sets allowed people to buy software that had all the new cards, I'd buy it right now. I really don't like the online microtransaction method they're currently using.

Sounds like Duels of the Planeswalker for xbox live.

Come spring, we will be able to play each other!

Makes me want to dig out my copy of the old PC game.

Captain_Arrrg wrote:
Brizahd wrote:
mrwynd wrote:
Rainsmercy wrote:

Either they are no longer giving them away or I am missing something, not seeing anywhere to sign up for free cards.

Same here, kinda happy though. I don't ever need to spend money on more Magic cards. If they'd release a version of magic online where you buy the software and it comes with like so many sets then when they released new sets allowed people to buy software that had all the new cards, I'd buy it right now. I really don't like the online microtransaction method they're currently using.

Sounds like Duels of the Planeswalker for xbox live.

Come spring, we will be able to play each other!

Makes me want to dig out my copy of the old PC game.

Shandalar was cool. (Even if it did cheat.) Amazing my oppenent always had 4 copies of the rarest cards and always had those Birds of Paradise in his opening hand along with the Mox's and the Lotus. Yeah right. You yourself, couldn't buy a Lotus in any village. You had to get lucky and find one in one of the mazes.

Captain_Arrrg wrote:
Brizahd wrote:
mrwynd wrote:
Rainsmercy wrote:

Either they are no longer giving them away or I am missing something, not seeing anywhere to sign up for free cards.

Same here, kinda happy though. I don't ever need to spend money on more Magic cards. If they'd release a version of magic online where you buy the software and it comes with like so many sets then when they released new sets allowed people to buy software that had all the new cards, I'd buy it right now. I really don't like the online microtransaction method they're currently using.

Sounds like Duels of the Planeswalker for xbox live.

Come spring, we will be able to play each other!

Makes me want to dig out my copy of the old PC game.

I have the PC version as well, I also figured out from a guide online how to link it into the "Magic The Gathering Encyclopedia" for more cards. I have been unable to play with anyone but the retarded computer AI though and the game has terrible performance at times then super-super fast at other times. The game also crashes anytime I try to go to the deck builder....

oh, and I don't own a 360 or I'd probably have already purchased it for the easy factor

It only took nearly 2 months but I finally got mine in the mail.

I guess they had to build a boat.

I have 5 decks set up now, and I've found while people aren't willing to buy their own cards, they have no problem playing if you provide them one. Well, among my friends at least.

Can't wait for the XBLA game, all the deck building I want for a one time fee.

It will be true that a well presented, and well kept basement completes the perfect home package for a lot of home buyers. http://www.paragonremodeling.com/cus...

El-Taco-the-Rogue wrote:
paragonremodeling wrote:

It will be true that a well presented, and well kept basement completes the perfect home package for a lot of home buyers. http://www.parrotisdead.com/custom-t...

Great observation, Paragon.

Thanks for highlighting that, El-Taco-the-Rogue.

Rezzy wrote:
El-Taco-the-Rogue wrote:
paragonremodeling wrote:

It will be true that a well presented, and well kept basement completes the perfect home package for a lot of home buyers. http://www.parrotisdead.com/custom-t...

Great observation, Paragon.

Thanks for highlighting that, El-Taco-the-Rogue.

Appreciate the comment, Rezzy.

Chumpy_McChump wrote:
Rezzy wrote:
El-Taco-the-Rogue wrote:
[i wrote:

spammer[/i]]spam

Great observation, Paragon.

Thanks for highlighting that, El-Taco-the-Rogue.

Appreciate the comment, Rezzy.

When quoting a spammer, remove the spam link, Chumpy_McChump, Rezzy, and El-Taco-the-Rogue.