Questions you want answered.

Perhaps this thread should be retitled, "Answers you want questioned"

SallyNasty wrote:

You weren't participating in a discussion, you were asking everyone to move to a different forum so you didn't have to see our conversation. I was actually really interested in the discussion and it basically dies in the other thread. Time and again it seems that the moderate voices just want the politics left out of their reality, but there are literally f*cking children in cages right now in America due to racism and bigotry. Sorry that we can't keep that dark section of reality off in its own portion of the forums.

My response is in the other thread. https://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/...

Disregard, you did respond. Thought you were trolling. Apologies.

removing my last comment here since you now know I had posted.

Starts pouring gasoline on the forums

Don't mind me.

NSMike wrote:

Starts pouring gasoline on the forums

Don't mind me.

Mike, I’d appreciate it if you could pop into the new thread and clarify what you meant by your initial post. Did you mean D&D threads, or all threads in general?

NSMike wrote:

Starts pouring gasoline on the forums

Don't mind me.

Sometimes I’m a scorched earth anarchist. You know. Burn it all to the ground and start over. This is not one of those times.

RawkGWJ wrote:
Stengah wrote:

The Right as embodied in Trump is full on white supremacy. His party is the party of racism and intolerance. If you're not on board with that, you're not a Conservative and people complaining about them or the Right aren't talking about you.

I’m not sure I agree with that. Someone who is for Trump and all that he stands for, is NOT a conservative, they’re a radicalized white nationalist. They’re also a fool who’s being played like a broken accordion, because Trump is NOT an American nationalist, he's a Russian nationalist. Trump would happily give the US to Putin for the privilege of building a few of his “Towers” in Russia.

Most if not all moderate conservatives would NOT like to have a Russian puppet as a president. But the horrific reality is that our president IS a puppet of the Russians.

That's why I used the capital C Conservative. Much like there's a difference between libertarians and Libertarians, there's a difference between a conservative and a Conservative.

*mod*

Not seeing many questions seeking answers at this point. Time to move on please.

Is it possible to use “dongle” in a sentence without it sounding dirty?

RawkGWJ wrote:

Is it possible to use “dongle” in a sentence without it sounding dirty?

Nope! Even your question sounded dirty.

RawkGWJ wrote:

Is it possible to use “dongle” in a sentence without it sounding dirty?

I generally use fob, but it's not a lot better.

RawkGWJ wrote:

Is it possible to use “dongle” in a sentence without it sounding dirty?

I hope nobody was looking over your shoulder when you typed that Rawk because it might get you fired.

A fop holding a dongle, because no one had the guts to ask for it. You're welcome perverts!

IMAGE(https://i.pinimg.com/236x/7d/ab/a7/7daba7eecd861471dde1180cdb57c07f--th-century-fashion-th-century.jpg)

Robear wrote:

A fop holding a dongle, because no one had the guts to ask for it. You're welcome perverts!

IMAGE(https://i.pinimg.com/236x/7d/ab/a7/7daba7eecd861471dde1180cdb57c07f--th-century-fashion-th-century.jpg)

The scandle! A gentleman dareth not let his dongle dangle in public!

And yet, it was the striped hose that excited the ladies...

RawkGWJ wrote:

Is it possible to use “dongle” in a sentence without it sounding dirty?

Spoiler:

Is it rude to suggest a house-guest could keep her dog in my garage while she visits?

Background:

- She lives 3 hours away, wants to come visit, wants to bring her large dog along for the daytime activities - hiking, biking, etc.
- She could pay for boarding, but her dog loves the outdoors and it would be a shame for him to miss out on the activities.
- I have 2 indoor cats who have the run of the house. They would not get along with the dog, and vice-versa, so the dog staying inside the house is out of the question.
- I have a large garage with a big window, and there's nothing in there the dog could get into that would be harmful to him. Overnight temps in the garage are in the 60s.
- She could bring the dog bed and toys, and the dog would have the garage all to himself when we're not out doing stuff.
- It's a 2 day visit.

I'm of the opinion that letting the dog have the garage is a great solution. My wife says it's far too rude to even suggest. What say you all?

I don't see how that's rude.

Seems a completely reasonable suggestion.

Not rude at all.

I completely sympathize with the feeling that a pet is every bit as valued a member of the family as anyone else, but folks who would translate that into offense at your very reasonable request with very reasonable accommodations being provided along with that request would be completely in the wrong. If anything, a guest would be rude if they were anything other than gracious about working with your very reasonable circumstances.

I agree it's an acceptable offer provided your garage can be pet safe. Meaning chemicals and whatever safely stored where the dog can't get to them even if trying.

I don't think it is rude at all. I think it is pretty rude to expect to bring your dog to someone else's house where they have cats and expect them to just deal with it. The person coming should be offering a plan if they want to bring their dog (garage, outside, board at night, something).

Dog lover here. Also, cat hater. (Kidding!)

No, not rude at all. As long as the garage is safe and secure etc which you are obviously mindful about. Also, the fact that the dog being inside will be way too disruptive if not dangerous for your cats.

As long as you’re honest with your friend, and the alternative is to not bringing the dog at all, I don’t think it’s rude at all.

Rude? Hell no.

Your house, your rules.

Rude would be feeling entitled to inflict your dog on other people’s living spaces without considering their desires first.

Thanks. That's pretty much what I expected.

To be clear, my friend has no expectation that she'll be bringing the dog to our house. She's planning on boarding him in fact. The whole conversation came up with me suggesting to my wife, in a private conversation, "Well what if I suggest he stays in our garage, that way she wouldn't have to board him and he could come along on the hike?"

Are you ready for the possibility that, if he is in your garage, he uses the garage like his own personal toilet? because that very well might happen.

I think he said his friend was a woman, but your point stands.

SallyNasty wrote:

I think he said his friend was a woman, but your point stands.

um

mudbunny wrote:

Are you ready for the possibility that, if he is in your garage, he uses the garage like his own personal toilet? because that very well might happen.

Not a problem. Easy to clean cement, and if he goes in his bed, well that ain't my problem

SallyNasty wrote:

I think he said his friend was a woman, but your point stands.

I see what you did there. Oh you!