Questions you want answered.

You could always just have several fake diplomas made up for various bizarre specialities and have those hanging all on one wall. Just remember to get them in different sizes and slightly different colored papers so it looks like you acquired them over a decade or two.

Anime wall scrolls.

LEGO sets.

Replica Iron Throne.

Replica Iron Throne made of books. Or LEGO. Or TPS Reports.

Jonman wrote:
Hypatian wrote:
Kehama wrote:

Crossed axes. Nothing says classy, dangerous and slightly crazy like edged weaponry hanging on your walls.

Crossed axes. Nothing says classy, dangerous, and slightly geeky like presenting your wall as a Cartesian coordinate plane.

Euclidean Geometry: The Silent Killer.

I owe you both a hug.

oilypenguin wrote:
Jonman wrote:
Hypatian wrote:
Kehama wrote:

Crossed axes. Nothing says classy, dangerous and slightly crazy like edged weaponry hanging on your walls.

Crossed axes. Nothing says classy, dangerous, and slightly geeky like presenting your wall as a Cartesian coordinate plane.

Euclidean Geometry: The Silent Killer.

I owe you both a hug.

Make it a group hug. I'm in!

I used to have a "diploma" from Miskatonic University on mine.

Or how about a couple tasteful posters from Bombsfall?

Squee9 wrote:

I just settled in to my new office, and it's kind of sparse. I have the basics, a desk, chair, visitor chair, little table with coffee maker and a dual French/English copy of Flowers of Evil, but now I'm fielding recommendations on how to fill up the rest of the space. The walls are completely empty, and are an ugly eggshell. I have about 4x10 feet of empty space around my desk, and a large north facing window with a bill indoor sill. Everything is empty and beige at the moment.
Thoughts?

On a more serious note, I'd say that if the walls are completely empty, I'd suggest going with a poster of some colorful, tasteful art (Kadinsky or Matisse comes to mind, perhaps a Monet, all depends on your taste).
Give it time, though, it's empty now, but nature hates a vacuum, you'll eventually clutter it up.

I need some semi-background TV. Dracula (on Hulu) or The Cabin in the Woods?

Katy wrote:

I need some semi-background TV. Dracula (on Hulu) or The Cabin in the Woods?

Cabin in the Woods. Or Tucker and Dale vs. Evil.

Is there a search engine somewhere that will show me if a particular show or movie is on Netflix/Hulu +/Amazon Instant/other streaming service I ought to be subscribed to ?

Katy wrote:

Is there a search engine somewhere that will show me if a particular show or movie is on Netflix/Hulu +/Amazon Instant/other streaming service I ought to be subscribed to ?

Canistream.it

Tanglebones wrote:
Katy wrote:

Is there a search engine somewhere that will show me if a particular show or movie is on Netflix/Hulu +/Amazon Instant/other streaming service I ought to be subscribed to ?

Canistream.it

Ditto. Such a great little site.

McIrishJihad wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:
Katy wrote:

Is there a search engine somewhere that will show me if a particular show or movie is on Netflix/Hulu +/Amazon Instant/other streaming service I ought to be subscribed to ?

Canistream.it

Ditto. Such a great little site.

Looks great! I can't find the app for iOS, though. It comes up blank. Anyone else have this problem?

Chairman_Mao wrote:

It's my birthday today. How are you going to celebrate it?

I don't want to alarm you, but we share a birthday.

Keurig or Tassimo?

And why?

Manach wrote:

Keurig or Tassimo?

And why?

Neither. Aeropress French Press. It's cheaper, and makes way better coffee. All you need is some way to heat water and you're fine.

These new idiot(proof) coffee makers bother me.

Why? The more the merrier I say. I'll start saying something when the local bean availability starts going down.

Manach wrote:

Keurig or Tassimo?

And why?

Keurig. Tassimos round these parts seem to be on the decline (as in, less shelf space, less stock, more sales). YMMV.

EDIT: Oh, and the Keurig has an easy way to use your own grounds.

Chumpy_McChump wrote:
Manach wrote:

Keurig or Tassimo?

And why?

Keurig. Tassimos round these parts seem to be on the decline (as in, less shelf space, less stock, more sales). YMMV.

EDIT: Oh, and the Keurig has an easy way to use your own grounds.

Thanks for that.

Keurig's just drop to the same price as Tassimos. And I always make too much coffee, so I tend to throw some away.

I wanted Tassimos for the Tim Hortons' cups, but they make both now.

Manach wrote:

And I always make too much coffee, so I tend to throw some away.

What language is that? It looks like English but it doesn't make any sense...

Rezzy wrote:
Manach wrote:

And I always make too much coffee, so I tend to throw some away.

What language is that? It looks like English but it doesn't make any sense...

Je fais souvent trop de café, et je fini par en jeté tout simplement.

Is that better?

( but I do get it, we are both heavy drinker, but my body is telling me I'm not young anymore )

Manach wrote:
Rezzy wrote:
Manach wrote:

And I always make too much coffee, so I tend to throw some away.

What language is that? It looks like English but it doesn't make any sense...

Je fais souvent trop de café, et je finis par en jeter tout simplement.

Is that better? ;)

FTFY

My husband is now a Nespresso convert. And even a coffee idiot like me can use one of those. Coffee is supposed to be really good too.
Tassimo I've heard is a bit sub par when it comes to taste, but this is secondhand knowledge.

Rezzy wrote:
Manach wrote:

And I always make too much coffee, so I tend to throw some away.

What language is that? It looks like English but it doesn't make any sense...

As much as I love the stuff, a few all-nighters back in university taught me that there is definitely such a thing as too much coffee.

muttonchop wrote:
Rezzy wrote:
Manach wrote:

And I always make too much coffee, so I tend to throw some away.

What language is that? It looks like English but it doesn't make any sense...

As much as I love the stuff, a few all-nighters back in university taught me that there is definitely such a thing as too much coffee.

Quiter

wordsmythe wrote:
Chairman_Mao wrote:

It's my birthday today. How are you going to celebrate it?

I don't want to alarm you, but we share a birthday.

Well, beneviolent dictators and word aficionados do have a lot in common. Hope you had a good one! Mine involved lots of homemade pizza and chocolate cake.

I'm not a complete automotive idiot but I'd be hard-pressed to prove that. I'm noticing a particular noise from my '07 VW Rabbit (manual). It's not a metallic pinging but sounds more like waffling air pressure. It is most noticeable at 2500-3000 RPM, and most prominent at the lower end of that range in 4th gear. In neutral/with the clutch depressed, I don't hear anything, so it seems it's in the drive train.

I initially thought it might be an oil-level issue, but if anything it's got slightly too much (though no smoke).

I'm certain to take it to my local dealership for a check, but they charge $95 to do basic (electronic) diagnostics (the cost of one hour of labor). I have no indicator lights showing, though I do know there's an electrical issue, too.

The additional confound is that I just had it services for the 50k-mile service, which included an oil change and some $INT-point inspection. I spoke to my old dealership's shop and they suggested starting with oil, both amount and weight.

My concern is whether this is something the tech might've inadvertently caused or if it's a chance coincidence. I have had no troubles with this car, and have had all scheduled maintenance performed, but every system must eventually fail. There's nothing that--to my neophyte eye--points assuredly to anything but normal wear.

Anyone have any ideas of what I should be looking at?

Autozone normally does those electronic checks for free... I say go to them and see if anything shows up. If not then you are only out a little time and know you have to take it in.

Dakuna wrote:
muttonchop wrote:
Rezzy wrote:
Manach wrote:

And I always make too much coffee, so I tend to throw some away.

What language is that? It looks like English but it doesn't make any sense...

As much as I love the stuff, a few all-nighters back in university taught me that there is definitely such a thing as too much coffee.

Quiter :)

Yeah. You're too loud!

manta173 wrote:

Autozone normally does those electronic checks for free... I say go to them and see if anything shows up. If not then you are only out a little time and know you have to take it in.

Good to know. Thank you.

Chumpy_McChump wrote:
Dakuna wrote:
muttonchop wrote:
Rezzy wrote:
Manach wrote:

And I always make too much coffee, so I tend to throw some away.

What language is that? It looks like English but it doesn't make any sense...

As much as I love the stuff, a few all-nighters back in university taught me that there is definitely such a thing as too much coffee.

Quiter :)

Yeah. You're too loud! :)

Quite