Questions you want answered.

KingGorilla wrote:

We then get "Oh God, you Eat [red meat, rare steaks, lamb, goat, pork, ham, turkey, cod, tuna] don't you know how bad that is for you?" "I swear to god after I have this raw oyster I am going to stab your eye with the little fork, squirt lemon in it, and then give you a horseradish enema."

Especially when the person is preaching on the unhealthiness of one particular foodstuff from the comfort perch of their own unhealthy lifestyle (booze/smokes/unfit/overweight).

KingGorilla wrote:

Thanks for killing my joke. He was not the bravest or the smartest, but I thought with a little help from me he would thrive. I was wrong, and like a deformed turtle newly hatched on the beach, the merciless process of natural selection snuffed him out.

Tanglebones wrote:
ClockworkHouse wrote:

Did you eat him after it happened? Because you really shouldn't do that. It's bad for your health.

But what about delicious, delicious deformed turtle?

I love you guys so much.

But you do owe me a new monitor.

Spoiler:

BUT WHAT ABOUT BACON??

KingGorilla wrote:

We then get "Oh God, you Eat [red meat, rare steaks, lamb, goat, pork, ham, turkey, cod, tuna] don't you know how bad that is for you?" "I swear to god after I have this raw oyster I am going to stab your eye with the little fork, squirt lemon in it, and then give you a horseradish enema."

Don't threaten me with a good time.

But you don't like food X? Obviously you just haven't tried food X. Am I right? Oh, you have tried it? So is it just MY food X that you don't like? Why do you hate me? Did I fix it wrong? Did we go to the wrong restaurant? Are you just not hungry? Seriously... just try THIS PARTICULAR food X. You'll love it.

The above is apparently the script my mother was provided with and she breaks it out whenever anyone declines a particular food she's offering to them for any reason even if they've already eaten some of it and she's just offering them seconds.

I've got a few friends who are pescatarians, and its easier for them to tell people (here in not-so-rural NH) that they're vegetarians.

Then, invariably, they have a piece of salmon with a salad, or some shrimp, and it just messes everyone up.

Tanglebones wrote:
ClockworkHouse wrote:

Did you eat him after it happened? Because you really shouldn't do that. It's bad for your health.

But what about delicious, delicious deformed turtle?

Did you try wrapping him in bacon?

McIrishJihad wrote:

I've got a few friends who are pescatarians, and its easier for them to tell people (here in not-so-rural NH) that they're vegetarians.

Then, invariably, they have a piece of salmon with a salad, or some shrimp, and it just messes everyone up.

What's so complicated about "I only eat fish"?

clover wrote:
McIrishJihad wrote:

I've got a few friends who are pescatarians, and its easier for them to tell people (here in not-so-rural NH) that they're vegetarians.

Then, invariably, they have a piece of salmon with a salad, or some shrimp, and it just messes everyone up.

What's so complicated about "I only eat fish"?

Fish aren't vegetables. That's what's so complicated about it.

clover wrote:
McIrishJihad wrote:

I've got a few friends who are pescatarians, and its easier for them to tell people (here in not-so-rural NH) that they're vegetarians.

Then, invariably, they have a piece of salmon with a salad, or some shrimp, and it just messes everyone up.

What's so complicated about "I only eat fish"?

What they say probably is "I'm a pescatarian." What other people here is "I'm a *mumblemumble*arian", and rather than ask "you're a what now??", they just assume that it is some specific type of vegetarian.

mudbunny wrote:
clover wrote:
McIrishJihad wrote:

I've got a few friends who are pescatarians, and its easier for them to tell people (here in not-so-rural NH) that they're vegetarians.

Then, invariably, they have a piece of salmon with a salad, or some shrimp, and it just messes everyone up.

What's so complicated about "I only eat fish"?

What they say probably is "I'm a pescatarian." What other people here is "I'm a *mumblemumble*arian", and rather than ask "you're a what now??", they just assume that it is some specific type of vegetarian.

Just don't say you're from the pescatarian nation - that'll lead to trouble.

Jonman wrote:
clover wrote:
McIrishJihad wrote:

I've got a few friends who are pescatarians, and its easier for them to tell people (here in not-so-rural NH) that they're vegetarians.

Then, invariably, they have a piece of salmon with a salad, or some shrimp, and it just messes everyone up.

What's so complicated about "I only eat fish"?

Fish aren't vegetables. That's what's so complicated about it.

I meant what's so complicated about just saying that, instead of rounding up to vegetarian

Edit: yeah, no one knows what the hell a pescatarian is unless they're already a weird food person. It's useless in regular conversation.

I'm a pastafarian.

IMAGE(https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTr6vt-kyDoCYJW-_-AyB-HSicX7YUV3Vy-HlO6DW-DtSLT2e_2NA)

clover wrote:
Jonman wrote:
clover wrote:
McIrishJihad wrote:

I've got a few friends who are pescatarians, and its easier for them to tell people (here in not-so-rural NH) that they're vegetarians.

Then, invariably, they have a piece of salmon with a salad, or some shrimp, and it just messes everyone up.

What's so complicated about "I only eat fish"?

Fish aren't vegetables. That's what's so complicated about it.

I meant what's so complicated about just saying that, instead of rounding up to vegetarian

Edit: yeah, no one knows what the hell a pescatarian is unless they're already a weird food person. It's useless in regular conversation.

You say "oh, I only eat fish."

They reply "so you eat chicken?"

You then commit seppeku with a frisbee covered in mayonnaise.

Upon reincarnation, you begin telling people that you're vegetarian.

McIrishJihad wrote:

You say "oh, I only eat fish."

They reply "so you eat chicken?"

You then commit seppeku with a frisbee covered in mayonnaise.

Upon reincarnation, you begin telling people that you're vegetarian.

Aren't you missing a prime chance to idiot-bait?

"Yes, but chicken counts as a fish because they live underwater."

Jonman wrote:
McIrishJihad wrote:

You say "oh, I only eat fish."

They reply "so you eat chicken?"

You then commit seppeku with a frisbee covered in mayonnaise.

Upon reincarnation, you begin telling people that you're vegetarian.

Aren't you missing a prime chance to idiot-bait?

"Yes, but chicken counts as a fish because they live underwater."

"Only chicken that lived beneath sea level count."

cartoonin99 wrote:

IMAGE(https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTr6vt-kyDoCYJW-_-AyB-HSicX7YUV3Vy-HlO6DW-DtSLT2e_2NA)

Random aside: The French title for the movie "Cool Runnings" is Rasta Rocket! (We have some interesting conversations at work - got a native German, native French, and a native Canadian on my team)

Stengah wrote:
Jonman wrote:
McIrishJihad wrote:

You say "oh, I only eat fish."

They reply "so you eat chicken?"

You then commit seppeku with a frisbee covered in mayonnaise.

Upon reincarnation, you begin telling people that you're vegetarian.

Aren't you missing a prime chance to idiot-bait?

"Yes, but chicken counts as a fish because they live underwater."

"Only chicken that lived beneath sea level count."

"You've never heard of scuba-chickens? Have you been living under a rock?"

McIrishJihad wrote:

Upon reincarnation, you begin telling people that you're vegetarian.

And then vegetarians hate you forever when people start assuming they eat fish because there was some guy they knew once who said he was a vegetarian and he ate fish.

Jonman wrote:
Stengah wrote:
Jonman wrote:
McIrishJihad wrote:

You say "oh, I only eat fish."

They reply "so you eat chicken?"

You then commit seppeku with a frisbee covered in mayonnaise.

Upon reincarnation, you begin telling people that you're vegetarian.

Aren't you missing a prime chance to idiot-bait?

"Yes, but chicken counts as a fish because they live underwater."

"Only chicken that lived beneath sea level count."

"You've never heard of scuba-chickens? Have you been living under a rock?"

"You know how tuna is the 'chicken of the sea?' It goes both ways, so chicken is the 'tuna of the land.'"

ClockworkHouse wrote:
KingGorilla wrote:

Must be a Canadian thing. Here in the US it is the people on the latest dietary craze imposing that on the group as a whole.

It's not. Here in flyover country USA, I get a lot of "you're a vegetarian? But what about delicious, delicious bacon?!"

In all fairness, I'm rotating on a psychiatric consult service right now, and one of the things we do is assess judgement by asking them what they would do in various plausible daily situations. If, when asked what they would do with a plate of bacon, they answer anything other than "eat it immediately", I have them committed for intensive psychiatric treatment until they see the light.

I also order STAT bacon to the Resident office to help my shaken nerves.

Bacon rasher PO prn

Gravey wrote:

Bacon rasher PO prn

Bacon rasher PO qid

Double post for extra artery clogging.

How come when I upload files in Thunderbird to send an email, it completely kills my internet connection? I'm unsure whether it affects other computers on the network, but it's happened to me in both Windows 7 and 8. I upload a few files, anywhere from 500kb - 2mb each, and in the time it takes to upload those files, I'm unable to navigate the internet or do anything internet-based. It's like it comes to a grinding halt.

I can upload via a browser or FTP without this happening. Why Thunderbird, why?!

Matchmaking sites seem to match me with women like me, but I'd like someone the exact opposite, where can I find a warm, bubbly woman in Maryland?

Relatedly (which turns out not to be a new word I just made up), where can I find an honest-to-goodnesss bimbo, also in Maryland? Like a real-life Little Annie Fanny.
Everyone's definition is different, but keep in mind that
1) I'm not rich enough to be a sugardaddy
2) while a woman who is actively, consciously seeking a sugardaddy might not be intelligent and should be attractive, she isn't a bimbo; she's too purposeful

RolandofGilead wrote:

Matchmaking sites seem to match me with women like me, but I'd like someone the exact opposite, where can I find a warm, bubbly woman in Maryland?

Relatedly (which turns out not to be a new word I just made up), where can I find an honest-to-goodnesss bimbo, also in Maryland? Like a real-life Little Annie Fanny.
Everyone's definition is different, but keep in mind that
1) I'm not rich enough to be a sugardaddy
2) while a woman who is actively, consciously seeking a sugardaddy might not be intelligent and should be attractive, she isn't a bimbo; she's too purposeful

Groom yourself and find a college-area bar popular with local fraternities.

Jonman wrote:

"You've never heard of scuba-chickens? Have you been living under a rock?"

That's sort of like a barnacle goose? (Amusingly, I also found that beaver has also been classified as "fish" by the Catholic church.)

RolandofGilead - any decent bar or club should provide a target rich environment. For your purposes it sounds like you'll be sticking to the damaged girls (major daddy issues or sexual trauma at a young age), so no worries about them being tough to bed. The standard pick up routines should be more than enough.