With an influx of new information rumored to be released today, I figured I'd throw up a catch-all for this eagerly awaited game. Anyone else stoked for this?
- Kratos journeys to the Underworld, specifically Tartarus.
- Game will run at full 1080p HD resolution.
- Gaia is six times the size of Colossus from GoW2.
- The franchise will continue beyond God of War 3, but the trilogy will have some kind of resolution.
- Kratos is four times as detailed in the sequel; 20,000 polygons over God of War 2's 5,000-poly version.
- Players begin the game with many abilities from previous God of War games unlocked.
- New weapons will provide more contrast to the standard Blades of Chaos. The Cestus gauntlets, seen in the first trailer (below), were given as an example.
- Up to 50 enemies on screen--an increase over God of War 2's 12-15 limit.
- Enemies will now coordinate attacks, arrange themselves in formations, and jump on Kratos to weigh him down.
- Titans--the massive god-like creatures from previous games--are now dynamic, "living, breathing characters," rather than background setpieces.
- Since the gods are angry with Kratos, he now draws his magic powers from a supernatural source. Ooh.
- Kratos can now control some monsters, such as the Cyclops, in vehicle-like fashion.
- Future DLC packs are seen as a possibility.
God of War 3 trailers via GameTrailers.com