Hidden Gems of Netflix's Watch Instantly

Stengah wrote:

It's absolutely a x-men "rip-off" (more of a they were supposed to be a super-hero team like the x-men but failed and fell apart 10 years ago) but the reason I powered through the first few episodes was because I love watching Robert Sheehan.

He was the best part of Misfits.

I haven't been watching past a handful of episodes of the first season.
But the Footloose dance off came into my YT feed and it was all kinds of awesome!

Grenn wrote:
Stengah wrote:

It's absolutely a x-men "rip-off" (more of a they were supposed to be a super-hero team like the x-men but failed and fell apart 10 years ago) but the reason I powered through the first few episodes was because I love watching Robert Sheehan.

He was the best part of Misfits.

He's the best part of Umbrella Acadamy too, though he does have more competition in it.

The last two episodes of Stranger Things Season 4 are movie length. Hell, the last episode is over two hours long. It ended well, I think.

Some thoughts:

Spoiler:

Eddie, we didn't get enough time together brother.
There wasn't as much levity this time around (though that fits tonally). No "Neverending Story" moment.
Argyle was awesome.
Whoa, sh*t is gonna get real in Season 5.

Loved those last two episodes in particular, and the season in general. Might be my favorite since season 1. And I agree with your comments, Nevin73.

Nevin73 wrote:

Some thoughts:

Spoiler:

Eddie, we didn't get enough time together brother.

Spoiler:

Eddie's finale, along with Dustin's follow-up with Eddie's uncle absolutely crushed me.

At least Eddie got to give the most epic metal concert in all of history.

merphle wrote:
Nevin73 wrote:

Some thoughts:

Spoiler:

Eddie, we didn't get enough time together brother.

Spoiler:

Eddie's finale, along with Dustin's follow-up with Eddie's uncle absolutely crushed me.

At least Eddie got to give the most epic metal concert in all of history.

Sure but....

Spoiler:

Where'd the power for the amp come from?

Clumber wrote:
merphle wrote:
Nevin73 wrote:

Some thoughts:

Spoiler:

Eddie, we didn't get enough time together brother.

Spoiler:

Eddie's finale, along with Dustin's follow-up with Eddie's uncle absolutely crushed me.

At least Eddie got to give the most epic metal concert in all of history.

Sure but....

Spoiler:

Where'd the power for the amp come from?

I was wondering that too. For the drills also.

So RRR was my first ever Bollywood/Tollywood movie. And I think it might be the last movie I ever watch because there is no way anything else can come close to how awesome that was.

Interceptor was pretty bad yet I couldn't quite bring myself to "walk out of the theater". Funny how that happens sometimes.

Mixolyde wrote:

So RRR was my first ever Bollywood/Tollywood movie. And I think it might be the last movie I ever watch because there is no way anything else can come close to how awesome that was.

Completely batsh*t mental that movie. Lots of incredible OTT action, then they have a dance

kborom wrote:
Mixolyde wrote:

So RRR was my first ever Bollywood/Tollywood movie. And I think it might be the last movie I ever watch because there is no way anything else can come close to how awesome that was.

Completely batsh*t mental that movie. Lots of incredible OTT action, then they have a dance :)

We're about 2/3 through it. Very appropriate movie for the fourth if you're not really into "celebrating" the holiday.

I haven't clicked on it to know if it's well implemented but I notice Shatter Remastered is in the games section and I had a good time with the original. It's an arkanoid clone which is a thing I wouldn't normally like because I suck at it, and there's a boss called Blocktopus. That's all you need to know.

Bastard! Is exactly how it looks. A twelve year old boy’s view of a fantasy world as seen through 80’s rock albums and the creepy van down by the river with the painting on the side. All the women characters are large breasted virgins who are in love with the bad guy hero including the mother figure and the adopted daughter.

Lots of groping and suggestive language/situations overtop a very predictable story.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:
kborom wrote:
Mixolyde wrote:

So RRR was my first ever Bollywood/Tollywood movie. And I think it might be the last movie I ever watch because there is no way anything else can come close to how awesome that was.

Completely batsh*t mental that movie. Lots of incredible OTT action, then they have a dance :)

We're about 2/3 through it. Very appropriate movie for the fourth if you're not really into "celebrating" the holiday.

Finished! Great movie. So much cheering...

Ego Man wrote:

Bastard! Is exactly how it looks. A twelve year old boy’s view of a fantasy world as seen through 80’s rock albums and the creepy van down by the river with the painting on the side. All the women characters are large breasted virgins who are in love with the bad guy hero including the mother figure and the adopted daughter.

Lots of groping and suggestive language/situations overtop a very predictable story.

One of my early introductions to fan-subbed import anime when I was in high school, and I loved it back then. I think I lost my VHS copies, but still have DVDs somewhere.

You forgot to mention that all of his spells are named after heavy metal bands and he fights for the Kingdom of Meta-llicana!

I doubt it was officially translated this way, but one of my favorite lines from the fan sub was, "Get down here so I can kill you, sh*thead!"

Re Stranger Things Finale:

merphle wrote:
Nevin73 wrote:

Some thoughts:

Spoiler:

Eddie, we didn't get enough time together brother.

Spoiler:

Eddie's finale, along with Dustin's follow-up with Eddie's uncle absolutely crushed me.

At least Eddie got to give the most epic metal concert in all of history.

It was honestly one of the most moving moments in cinematic history. Old Yeller is like watching the muppets after that.

Spoiler:

I'm getting choked up just thinking about it days later.

Season 3 of Love Death and Robots is absolutely the best.
I binged it 3 episodes at a time and had not realized I had started back into unwatched season 2 episodes.
Snow in the Desert and Pop Squad are great too!

I will note that so far, neither the 2nd nor the 3rd season had the diversity of subjects that season 1 had.

Best thing about the latest season of Stranger Things was Anne with an E making an appearance.

Enjoying umbrella academy. Particularly Ben the angry Korean

My holiday started - three weeks of nothingsness ahead!

Just binged the last 2 episodes from Stranger Things. Yay!

Though it is summer in Sweden now and I should soak up all sun and vitamine D available before the Darkness sets in... it is just too busy with.

Better Call Saul coming
Peaky Blinders new season
Umbrella Academy new season
And I finally started the Wire and have to finish the last 2 seasons....

Oh well.. my happy childhood memories were the sunny days when all the bullies played outside and I was at home with a fan blowing some cool while playing Karateka and Ultima III on the Apple II.

No shame in closing the curtains now and watch till my eyes go square

Peoj Snamreh wrote:

My holiday started - three weeks of nothingsness ahead!

Just binged the last 2 episodes from Stranger Things. Yay!

Though it is summer in Sweden now and I should soak up all sun and vitamine D available before the Darkness sets in... it is just too busy with.

Better Call Saul coming
Peaky Blinders new season
Umbrella Academy new season
And I finally started the Wire and have to finish the last 2 seasons....

Oh well.. my happy childhood memories were the sunny days when all the bullies played outside and I was at home with a fan blowing some cool while playing Karateka and Ultima III on the Apple II.

No shame in closing the curtains now and watch till my eyes go square :)

You could throw a towel over your head and watch outside with your phone and get the vitamin D at the same time

Widows is extremely good. A bit too real at times but superbly done.

Currently watching RRR. Has some soap opera level melodrama and acting to match, but it's surprisingly entertaining. I know it mentioned at the start everything is fiction, but this made me pause:
IMAGE(https://i.redd.it/dv9bmecm2la91.jpg)

Mervyn!

I don't know if it's possible to translate the aesthetic of the Sandman comics to another medium, but I know that's not it. And the aesthetic is so much of what makes it special.

The Gray Man is entertaining. It's a pretty basic plot, with some spectacular action set-pieces, and Chris Evans hamming it up. It is the Russo brothers, so quality, but probably not Winter Soldier quality.

Nevin73 wrote:

The Gray Man is entertaining. It's a pretty basic plot, with some spectacular action set-pieces, and Chris Evans hamming it up. It is the Russo brothers, so quality, but probably not Winter Soldier quality.

I watched it and thought “so that’s what happened to that guy after knives out”