Hidden Gems of Netflix's Watch Instantly

Paleocon wrote:

Never Have I Ever is my wife's guilty pleasure.

I remember liking the first season. But have absolutely no desire to go back; there is just too much other stuff out there right now.

The new Last Kingdom season dropped today...I am going to rewatch the prior season before jumping back in.

It was the reverse for me. I thought Julia Garner was incredible in Ozark so I had to try Inventing Anna. I fell of the first episode initially but gave it another go this week and I’m in.

Edgar_Newt wrote:

The new Last Kingdom season dropped today...I am going to rewatch the prior season before jumping back in.

It's soooo bad

They let the wrong writer get her hands on it. This was a good series till now.

ranalin wrote:
Edgar_Newt wrote:

The new Last Kingdom season dropped today...I am going to rewatch the prior season before jumping back in.

It's soooo bad

They let the wrong writer get her hands on it. This was a good series till now.

I am not listening, I am not listening, I am not listening...please, no.

NOOO!! Well, at least the books are still good.

I went back to see if it got better for a couple more episodes... It doesn't makes me sad.

I am on episode 8 of 10 of Last Kingdom. While it is not as strong as the other 4 seasons it is still enjoyable and worth watching if you invested time and enjoyed the series thus far.

Caught up on my list of movies and watched some in the background while working. Thoughts:

Halloween (the new one by Rob Zombie): It's how Michael Myers became Michael Myers. Unnecessary and uninteresting. Skip.
Paddleton: Fantastic movie about the friendship between two men. Will make you cry. This one I stopped and watched later at night where I could pay more attention.
The Privilege: A decent German horror movie where one guy in a family discovers that things are not ok as he starts seeing a shadowy monster. Ending is solid which is rare in scary movies.
The Giver: Got 20 minutes in and turned it off as it seemed to be a remake of Pleasantville, but worse.
Don't kill me: An blah Italian movie about a girl who wakes up from the dead. Honestly can't remember much of it. Very forgettable.
Never back down - Revolt: Woman gets kidnapped and forced to fight in tournaments. Decent fighting choreography, but villains are too mustache-twirling for my taste.
Taylor Tomlinson - Look at you: Awesome. She is so great and a lot more open about her mental illness in this special. Very very good stuff.
Big Bug: I was excited about this one as it's made by the same person who made Amelie. Definitely not as good nor as interesting. Ending was very much a let down. It's colorful and beautiful, though!
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The new one that was just released. Junk. Skip.

Of all these, I would heartily recommend Paddleton (you WILL cry) and Taylor Tomlinson's stand up.

Medmey wrote:

I am on episode 8 of 10 of Last Kingdom. While it is not as strong as the other 4 seasons it is still enjoyable and worth watching if you invested time and enjoyed the series thus far.

Different strokes and all, but i can't remember anything that has declined so bad as this has. The writing is horrendous and because of that a lot of the acting is just exceptionally cringe worthy. The action scenes are laughable. The set pieces and costumes are also badly done. The other seasons weren't top notch by any stretch but i hate seeing all that work just thrown away. I'm done after 4 episodes.

Fredrik_S wrote:

The Giver: Got 20 minutes in and turned it off as it seemed to be a remake of Pleasantville, but worse.

It's a movie version of the young adult novel of the same name, which came out 5 years before Pleasantville did. The book is awesome, but the general consensus is that the movie was mediocre.

The movie really makes me want to read the book. It wasn't spectacular but I can tell where they cut and I wanted more of it. The interactions with the giver are the highlights and I am sure have more quantity and depth in the book.

Watched Heart Shot a 19 minute short. I liked it, everything I could say is a spoiler. Well the obvious piece is it centers on two teen girls in love.

Stengah wrote:
Fredrik_S wrote:

The Giver: Got 20 minutes in and turned it off as it seemed to be a remake of Pleasantville, but worse.

It's a movie version of the young adult novel of the same name, which came out 5 years before Pleasantville did. The book is awesome, but the general consensus is that the movie was mediocre.

Fredrik_S wrote:

Taylor Tomlinson - Look at you: Awesome. She is so great and a lot more open about her mental illness in this special. Very very good stuff.

Agreed. She handled the discussion of mental health with eloquence and grace. Plus it was damn funny.

Completed season 6 of Lucifer and liked it. The show is cheese at times but I dug it. The plot doesn't make much sense if you think about it to much. The storylines were cool though. Nice fight scene I didn't see coming. All around good ending to the series.

Finished The Adam Project. It was worth watching. Funny, good action. Plot holes galore, but it was one of Netflix's better offerings.

SallyNasty wrote:

Finished The Adam Project. It was worth watching. Funny, good action. Plot holes galore, but it was one of Netflix's better offerings.

Yup. Pretty much how I felt about it. Think too hard about it and you'll ruin it. The banter between young Adam and middle aged Adam pretty much made the movie.

Good to go in with the right frame of reference. Popcorn action, not hard sci-fi time travel. Check.

Stele wrote:

Good to go in with the right frame of reference. Popcorn action, not hard sci-fi time travel. Check.

If you're a fan of Ryan Reynolds being a smartass, this is the movie for you. If you think too much about movies, it will frustrate you.

Paleocon wrote:
Stele wrote:

Good to go in with the right frame of reference. Popcorn action, not hard sci-fi time travel. Check.

If you're a fan of Ryan Reynolds being a smartass, this is the movie for you. If you think too much about movies, it will frustrate you.

But what if I'm both?

Nevin73 wrote:
Paleocon wrote:
Stele wrote:

Good to go in with the right frame of reference. Popcorn action, not hard sci-fi time travel. Check.

If you're a fan of Ryan Reynolds being a smartass, this is the movie for you. If you think too much about movies, it will frustrate you.

But what if I'm both?

Then you are Deadpool.

Baron Of Hell wrote:
Nevin73 wrote:
Paleocon wrote:
Stele wrote:

Good to go in with the right frame of reference. Popcorn action, not hard sci-fi time travel. Check.

If you're a fan of Ryan Reynolds being a smartass, this is the movie for you. If you think too much about movies, it will frustrate you.

But what if I'm both?

Then you are Deadpool.

I was just saying it was a movie about Deadpool going back in time to save his girlfriend Gommorah from the mom in Get Out with the help of Dr. Bruce Banner.

Double post ftw!

Paleocon wrote:
Baron Of Hell wrote:
Nevin73 wrote:
Paleocon wrote:
Stele wrote:

Good to go in with the right frame of reference. Popcorn action, not hard sci-fi time travel. Check.

If you're a fan of Ryan Reynolds being a smartass, this is the movie for you. If you think too much about movies, it will frustrate you.

But what if I'm both?

Then you are Deadpool.

I was just saying it was a movie about Deadpool going back in time to save his girlfriend Gommorah from the mom in Get Out with the help of Dr. Bruce Banner.

Popcorn.gif

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/Js9ALJQ.jpeg)

Paleocon wrote:

I was just saying it was a movie about Deadpool going back in time to save his girlfriend Gommorah from the mom in Get Out with the help of Dr. Bruce Banner.

Loved it.

Darn season two of Upload is only 7 episodes. I liked the season but it felt incomplete.

Baron Of Hell wrote:

Darn season two of Upload is only 7 episodes. I liked the season but it felt incomplete.

Isn't that on prime?