Steam Community

Can you change the OP to just ask people to make a request and then post here that they've done so?
The new friends-only rule for group invites makes leaving a link to their profile useless, but it'd still be nice to have the notification to go look for new requests to approve.

Duffman wrote:

Hi all, I've changed permission in so that officers can make approvals.
On that note, does anyone know if I can transfer group ownership to Certis?

Incidentally, I don't know how or when that happened, but thanks to whoever made me an officer! I do try to check this thread and send invites when I can.
Also, thanks Stengah for being so helpful and doing all the legwork.

I went through the list maybe a year ago and made lots of names I recognized from the forums officers.

I'd like to join the Steam community, too.
Here's the link to my Steam Profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...

Thanks a lot,

Thomas

Steam-ID lenguan, like here in the Forums.

I just picked up a Steam Controller and I would like to find a good config for X-Com Enemy Unknown. Is anyone using one and might be able to offer a recommendation?

So far I am loving it in The Witcher 3 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I was playing with an Xbox controller and have always been a sucker for weird peripherals.

Just another reminder that we can't do invites anymore. You have to request to join and then one of the many admins for the group have to go and approve it here. The best way to get approved is to post here after you've applied.

Hey I've asked to join, my profile is Dr. NottStu

farley3k wrote:

I just picked up a Steam Controller and I would like to find a good config for X-Com Enemy Unknown. Is anyone using one and might be able to offer a recommendation?

So far I am loving it in The Witcher 3 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I was playing with an Xbox controller and have always been a sucker for weird peripherals.

Well the love affair was brief. I could never find a good setting either in Steam or individual games to make the right pad less sensitive so I was always flaying around like a blind guy in games. It wasn't fun.

I have gone back to the 360 controller. It is tried and true.

Has anyone tried an Xbox One controller? l like the feel of that one quite a bit....

farley3k wrote:
farley3k wrote:

I just picked up a Steam Controller and I would like to find a good config for X-Com Enemy Unknown. Is anyone using one and might be able to offer a recommendation?

So far I am loving it in The Witcher 3 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I was playing with an Xbox controller and have always been a sucker for weird peripherals.

Well the love affair was brief. I could never find a good setting either in Steam or individual games to make the right pad less sensitive so I was always flaying around like a blind guy in games. It wasn't fun.

I have gone back to the 360 controller. It is tried and true.

Has anyone tried an Xbox One controller? l like the feel of that one quite a bit....

I'm guessing there's probably a better place to ask. Mostly, this thread is use for people asking to join the Steam Community. I don't think anybody really follow's it for any other purpose anymore.

Localgod54 wrote:

I'm guessing there's probably a better place to ask. Mostly, this thread is use for people asking to join the Steam Community. I don't think anybody really follow's it for any other purpose anymore.

I kind of got that impression.

Of course, now that I have sold it I guess I don't have to wonder anymore.

Hello

Can you please add me to the group?

SteamID: RollingStonePT
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...

Thanks!

RollingStonePT wrote:

Hello
Can you please add me to the group?
SteamID: RollingStonePT
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...

Thanks!

Stengah wrote:

Just another reminder that we can't do invites anymore. You have to request to join and then one of the many admins for the group have to go and approve it here. The best way to get approved is to post here after you've applied.

You'll have to request to join and then we can approve.

Eleima wrote:

You'll have to request to join and then we can approve. :)

Done, thanks!

hi,

please accept me to the steam group.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Krid77/

thanks!

No need to link to your profile anymore. All we need is the reminder to check for new join requests.

With my beautiful new Mac bedded in I can once again frequent the halls of the glorious gaming emporium that is Steam.

I already have enough games to last me most of next year.

One little game I've discovered is Zombie Night Terror. It's like lemmings only with zombies. It get's tricky fairly quickly but it has that same great puzzle feel that lemmings had. It's also on sale at the minute.

This helpful video sums it up:

(some screaming and swearing involved.)

Is 'keep talking and nobody explodes' as ridiculously fun as it looks? Are there enough people playing it to generally find a game to join? How's the replay value? (note: no vr here)

krev82 wrote:

Is 'keep talking and nobody explodes' as ridiculously fun as it looks? Are there enough people playing it to generally find a game to join? How's the replay value? (note: no vr here)

I've only played irl with friends and it was completely hilarious. We had a number of other party games but we just stuck with KTANE all night.

There aren't any servers for this it's a game you have to play in room. It's good if you print out the manuals and give them to people playing. It is fun but can be quite stressful

Apparently the PSVR version of KTaNE has the vr helmeted manipulating the bomb with one controller, and the manual manipulated with a second controller on the TV screen.

I have applied, steam id is Lackrin

Stengah wrote:

No need to link to your profile anymore. All we need is the reminder to check for new join requests.

What do we do for requests from folks who haven’t posted in here? Allow or deny?

Eleima wrote:
Stengah wrote:

No need to link to your profile anymore. All we need is the reminder to check for new join requests.

What do we do for requests from folks who haven’t posted in here? Allow or deny?

I've been allowing them.

Late to the party, as always. Just requested to join...

NakedHavoc on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...

Thanks!

Not sure if I actually have many multiplayer games, but I submitted a request. Steam name Shybird

I've requested also: gjeyre

Got new computer (yay!) Can now play Divinity OS 2 (yay! yay! yay!)
I also now have my own Steam account so I can play while my son plays on an older computer with the family steam account (yay! no getting kicked off!)

Sent request to join.

MathGoddess wrote:

Got new computer (yay!) Can now play Divinity OS 2 (yay! yay! yay!)
I also now have my own Steam account so I can play while my son plays on an older computer with the family steam account (yay! no getting kicked off!)

Sent request to join.

Hooray! Request approved! You'll find many, many goodjers are on Steam, don't hesitate to send invites. And build up your wishlist. Steam Winter Sale is coming........

I requested to join, steam ID "scottbutac", thanks!