Random non sequitur posts catch-all thread

I am really looking forward to my foot repair surgery on Friday so I can get back to my workout routine in 8-12 weeks.

magnus wrote:

I am really looking forward to my foot repair surgery on Friday so I can get back to my workout routine in 8-12 weeks.

Downtime for injuries sucks. I've had a calcaneal fracture and plantar fascitis in my feet and it is awful waiting for them to heal up. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I was thinking of starting a thread to start a discussion on words such as "gay" and "Certis is awesome" used in the context of calling something wimpy, soft or girly, but it would probably need to be in the P&C board and I tend to rarely head that way.

I'm a manipulative person.

Place you name, money I name, otherwise bargain noooooooo!

Rat Boy wrote:

Place you name, money I name, otherwise bargain noooooooo!

Alright damnit! It's Genesis! The name of the place we're going is Genesis!

The success of the British in the 17th and 18th centuries was due not to them acting as the Romans did but as they believed the Romans did.

t0W wrote:

I'm a manipulative person.

Often when people make moral claims about themselves, the opposite is true.

Be afraid of those claiming they have the greater good in mind.

dejanzie wrote:

Often when people make moral claims about themselves, the opposite is true.

Be afraid of those claiming they have the greater good in mind.

I know someone that believes he has the greater good in mind, and it is scary how narrow his perception truly is.

nsmike wrote:
Rat Boy wrote:

Place you name, money I name, otherwise bargain noooooooo!

Alright damnit! It's Genesis! The name of the place we're going is Genesis!

There's a lonely man there on the corner.

I just had cake.

Also, I have the greater good in mind. And my good is greater than yours.

dejanzie wrote:
t0W wrote:

I'm a manipulative person.

Often when people make moral claims about themselves, the opposite is true.

Be afraid of those claiming they have the greater good in mind.

Maybe you're right. I am a manipulated person.

nsmike wrote:
Rat Boy wrote:

Place you name, money I name, otherwise bargain noooooooo!

Alright damnit! It's Genesis! The name of the place we're going is Genesis!

Genesis allowed is not! Is planet forbidden!

wordsmythe wrote:

There's a lonely man there on the corner.

Who, the Carl Weathers lookalike?

deftly wrote:

I just had cake.

Liar! There is no cake!

Agemmon wrote:
deftly wrote:

I just had cake.

Liar! There is no cake!

So the choice is just "or death?"
...I'll have the chicken then.

nvm

They called me Mr. Glass.

I've been on an "in office" vacation for the past week. My mind refuses to work, but my body has to!

magnus wrote:

I am really looking forward to my foot repair surgery on Friday so I can get back to my workout routine in 8-12 weeks.

Good luck with that. I hope it's nothing to huge.

Broke my foot more than four years ago, and spent a year waiting for it to heal. Finally, three surgeries later, it took another year to finally get back to normal. My problem was that they damaged a nerve in the first surgery, complicated by their misdiagnosis of the pain I was having as due to having used too large of a screw. So once the bone healed, they pulled the screw out, which did absolutely no good. In fact, it was worse. After getting brushed off by the doc because he thought I was after pain meds, I finally saw a podiatrist that diagnosed my sural nerve entrapment. So after another surgery (followed later by three days in the hospital when the wound came down with a really nasty infection) I finally got to the point where I could spend time on my feet again.

So, uh, I hope none of this happens to you, and I haven't just jinxed ya.

I think something just brushed past my leg.

The salad I had for lunch sucked.

I should have known it would suck, since I've had the same salad at least 5 times before, and it sucked each and every time.

Yet somehow when I go to the cafeteria and look at them making the salad, I always forget that it sucks. Why is that?

St.Hillary wrote:
zeroKFE wrote:

The mashed potatoes were some of the best I've ever had. There is no such thing as too much garlic.

Do you just eat whole cloves of garlic?

I've been known to eat whole bulbs (is that what you call the groups of cloves?) of garlic, just as a snack food.

I once bought a (very) large jar of green olives, each with a clove of garlic where the pimento would normally be. I couldn't help myself, I ate the entire jar in 2 nights.

PCman wrote:

I've been on an "in office" vacation for the past week. My mind refuses to work, but my body has to!

I'm in the mindset EVERY day. So far they haven't caught on around here

Serengeti wrote:
St.Hillary wrote:
zeroKFE wrote:

The mashed potatoes were some of the best I've ever had. There is no such thing as too much garlic.

Do you just eat whole cloves of garlic?

I've been known to eat whole bulbs (is that what you call the groups of cloves?) of garlic, just as a snack food.

I once bought a (very) large jar of green olives, each with a clove of garlic where the pimento would normally be. I couldn't help myself, I ate the entire jar in 2 nights.

..You sicken me.

Stryker wrote:
PCman wrote:

I've been on an "in office" vacation for the past week. My mind refuses to work, but my body has to!

I'm in the mindset EVERY day. So far they haven't caught on around here ;)

I definitely have that today. After my 5 day weekend, I just can't bring myself to work.

Serengeti wrote:
St.Hillary wrote:
zeroKFE wrote:

The mashed potatoes were some of the best I've ever had. There is no such thing as too much garlic.

Do you just eat whole cloves of garlic?

I've been known to eat whole bulbs (is that what you call the groups of cloves?) of garlic, just as a snack food.

I once bought a (very) large jar of green olives, each with a clove of garlic where the pimento would normally be. I couldn't help myself, I ate the entire jar in 2 nights.

Seriously, garlic stuffed olives are just one of the greatest foods ever. It's just the perfect combination.

Jayhawker wrote:
Serengeti wrote:
St.Hillary wrote:
zeroKFE wrote:

The mashed potatoes were some of the best I've ever had. There is no such thing as too much garlic.

Do you just eat whole cloves of garlic?

I've been known to eat whole bulbs (is that what you call the groups of cloves?) of garlic, just as a snack food.

I once bought a (very) large jar of green olives, each with a clove of garlic where the pimento would normally be. I couldn't help myself, I ate the entire jar in 2 nights.

Seriously, garlic stuffed olives are just one of the greatest foods ever. It's just the perfect combination.

And when you combine them with clamato juice, salt, pepper, tabasco sauce and vodka.... Oh baby!

ThatGuy42 wrote:

I think something just brushed past my leg.

It's probably ninja. Too bad you're already dead and can't heed this warning.

ThatGuy42 wrote:

I think something just brushed past my leg.

It's your imagination, kid.

Dezlen wrote:
ThatGuy42 wrote:

I think something just brushed past my leg.

It's your imagination, kid.

Might be this guy:

IMAGE(http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4918/platycs2.jpg)

SURPRISE!