Random non sequitur posts catch-all thread

Atras wrote:
misplacedbravado wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:

Hey baby, wanna get together and form some non-Euclidean geometries?

I don't think I'm ready for your love-craft.

I've seen enough hentai to know where this one is headed.

Tentacles. Tentacles EVERYWHERE.

I wish every place was like the Shivering Isles.

Atras wrote:
misplacedbravado wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:

Hey baby, wanna get together and form some non-Euclidean geometries?

I don't think I'm ready for your love-craft.

I've seen enough hentai to know where this one is headed.

I haven't

Atras wrote:
misplacedbravado wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:

Hey baby, wanna get together and form some non-Euclidean geometries?

I don't think I'm ready for your love-craft.

I've seen enough hentai to know where this one is headed.

An 8-part mini series?

Quintin_Stone wrote:

Really, they should be offended if you DON'T ask.

I KNOW, right?

mooosicle wrote:
Mex wrote:

There's no reason to be so mad when I suggest a threesome with you and your best friend, what's the big deal u_u

You'd think I suggested killing babies or something

Maybe she was unimpressed by your puny biceps.

I need to train more u_u

Edit: Came to post Hotcakes are pretty cool. When humanity looks back we can go "Well, we screwed up some things, but we NAILED Hotcakes, so that's something"

Phillip Phillips's album is pretty good.

Woke up, had my coffee, worked out, played some LotRO, sneezed once, and now it's full-on head cold mode. The hell?

There's been a shift around here. I need a break.

When I die and come back to life I wanna be a cat mask in Hotline Miami.

They should make a movie with Christopher Walken, William Shatner and Michael Caine. It could be epic beyond anyone's wildest dreams. Just imagine it for a second...

You know when someone says something that makes you suddenly feel old? (for example: A co-worker saying "Moonlighting? Never seen it. I wasn't alive in the 80s.")

I thought I had gotten past that stuff. But then I heard Wil Wheaton say the phrase "When my son was in college..."

Sleigh Ride tea from David's Tea is the best tea ever. Especially with a little bit of gin in it. Whee!!!

Tscott wrote:

You know when someone says something that makes you suddenly feel old? (for example: A co-worker saying "Moonlighting? Never seen it. I wasn't alive in the 80s.")

I thought I had gotten past that stuff. But then I heard Wil Wheaton say the phrase "When my son was in college..."

I believe I'm superior in every way to children. I was alive in the 80s and know what Moonlighting is. I can also lose my sh*t coloring with crayons with six-year-olds.

Oh.... OH! I am drinking something weird. I decided to clear out the cabinets, and I ran across various odds and ends. I Mixed it all up into one beverage. Check it out:
1 can diet rite white grape
1 can black cherry fresca
1(ish) shot of Sailor Jerry's Rum
1(ish) shot of 360 Madagascar vanilla vodka
1(ish) shot of Cafe del Or (or something like that; it's a cheap-o Kahlua rip-off)
1(ish) shot of some perfectly decent FRIS vodka
a healthy splash of the last dregs of orange juice

Hmm.. it's actually not as bad as it seemed after a little mixing. It's doing things to my tongue that confuse and frighten, which can't be all bad.

Strangeblades wrote:
Tscott wrote:

You know when someone says something that makes you suddenly feel old? (for example: A co-worker saying "Moonlighting? Never seen it. I wasn't alive in the 80s.")

I thought I had gotten past that stuff. But then I heard Wil Wheaton say the phrase "When my son was in college..."

I believe I'm superior in every way to children. I was alive in the 80s and know what Moonlighting is. I can also lose my sh*t coloring with crayons with six-year-olds.

Dude. It's ok if you go outside the lines every now and then. Just Keep Calm and CrayOn.

Tscott wrote:

I thought I had gotten past that stuff. But then I heard Wil Wheaton say the phrase "When my son was in college..."

S'ok; it wasn't his biological son. Wil Wheaton's only 40.

EDIT: The fact that Wil Wheaton is 40 makes me feel old.

Tscott wrote:

You know when someone says something that makes you suddenly feel old? (for example: A co-worker saying "Moonlighting? Never seen it. I wasn't alive in the 80s.")

I thought I had gotten past that stuff. But then I heard Wil Wheaton say the phrase "When my son was in college..."

Oh man, I was watching an online college lecture the other day and the presenter asked a student when they were born. "1992."

Impossible! Shenanigans!

Chumpy_McChump wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:
Tscott wrote:

You know when someone says something that makes you suddenly feel old? (for example: A co-worker saying "Moonlighting? Never seen it. I wasn't alive in the 80s.")

I thought I had gotten past that stuff. But then I heard Wil Wheaton say the phrase "When my son was in college..."

I believe I'm superior in every way to children. I was alive in the 80s and know what Moonlighting is. I can also lose my sh*t coloring with crayons with six-year-olds.

Dude. It's ok if you go outside the lines every now and then. Just Keep Calm and CrayOn.

I meant in a fun way. Not in an angry-artist way where I say all my art is sh*t.

I woke up this morning at 3:30am with an intense out-of-body mindset... everything was being thought of in the 3rd person. AP was doing this, AP is tired, AP is hot due to the weather...

Incredibly unnerving and upsetting... (AP was upset)

AP Erebus wrote:

I woke up this morning at 3:30am with an intense out-of-body mindset... everything was being thought of in the 3rd person. AP was doing this, AP is tired, AP is hot due to the weather...

Incredibly unnerving and upsetting... (AP was upset)

AP was trying to leave the matrix...

McIrishJihad wrote:
AP Erebus wrote:

I woke up this morning at 3:30am with an intense out-of-body mindset... everything was being thought of in the 3rd person. AP was doing this, AP is tired, AP is hot due to the weather...

Incredibly unnerving and upsetting... (AP was upset)

AP was trying to leave the matrix...

so it seems. I'm still not quite right atm (it's 8:30am)... Just feeling odd.

That's just part of the consequences of living in the future.

The first time I ever heard this "12 days of Christmas" song was when the GWJ guys did a version, with every guy/girl on the podcast singing, anyone remember that?

I honestly had no idea what that song was about for a long, long time, never heard it before then. Still not sure but now I know it's about Christmas.

AP Erebus wrote:
McIrishJihad wrote:
AP Erebus wrote:

I woke up this morning at 3:30am with an intense out-of-body mindset... everything was being thought of in the 3rd person. AP was doing this, AP is tired, AP is hot due to the weather...

Incredibly unnerving and upsetting... (AP was upset)

AP was trying to leave the matrix...

so it seems. I'm still not quite right atm (it's 8:30am)... Just feeling odd.

I am AP's out-of-body experience.

I thought of QStone the minute I saw this post on TLFN - http://textsfromlastnight.com/Text-R...

It is unkind of Amazon to send me an email showing me all the great prices on a bunch of board games that I want when I'm in no position to buy them.

Chumpy_McChump wrote:

It is unkind of Amazon to send me an email showing me all the great prices on a bunch of board games that I want when I'm in no position to buy them. :evil:

Like which ones?

Mex wrote:
Chumpy_McChump wrote:

It is unkind of Amazon to send me an email showing me all the great prices on a bunch of board games that I want when I'm in no position to buy them. :evil:

Like which ones?

Lords Of Waterdeep, Libertalia, Descent (2nd Edition), King of Tokyo, and the new Netrunner. The discounts aren't Steam-Sale huge on most of them, but they're all at least 20% off. *sigh*

McIrishJihad wrote:
Atras wrote:
misplacedbravado wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:

Hey baby, wanna get together and form some non-Euclidean geometries?

I don't think I'm ready for your love-craft.

I've seen enough hentai to know where this one is headed.

Tentacles. Tentacles EVERYWHERE.

Lovecraft isn't all about tentacles you know. There are fish men and sanity shattering amorphous blob gods too!

Radical Ans wrote:
McIrishJihad wrote:
Atras wrote:
misplacedbravado wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:

Hey baby, wanna get together and form some non-Euclidean geometries?

I don't think I'm ready for your love-craft.

I've seen enough hentai to know where this one is headed.

Tentacles. Tentacles EVERYWHERE.

Lovecraft isn't all about tentacles you know. There are fish men and sanity shattering amorphous blob gods too!

Actually, I'm reading Charlie Stross's "Jennifer Morgue" right now, which has a fair amount of:

Spoiler:

Man on Innsmouth creature

action