As more and more of us delve into the game now that it's out, it only makes sense that we discuss plot points, in-game tips, and stories in a thread separate from the regular catch-all (right, right?). I'm only about three and a half hours in, but I'm amazed but what I've seen. The Vault section is probably one of the best prologues I've ever seen. A couple points:
* Neat idea watching your character grow up along with the other Vault 101 dwellers, though I admit I laughed during one of the transition scenes where Liam Neeson's explaining the birds and the bees to you.
* When I finished the G.O.A.T., the teacher told me my job was as the chaplain. Does everyone get the same lousy job off the bat or is it the same the whole way?
* Anyone managed to escape the Vault without killing the Overseer? Might be something to try on my second playthrough.
* Is there an equivalent to Oblivioin's horses to speed up travel from place to place?
* Does your character actually sleep with Nova the prostitute whenever you rent a room in Megaton? I woke up the next morning and she was sleeping (fully clothed like in Oblivion) next to me. You figure with M-rated games these days they wouldn't shy away from something like that.