Xbox 360 real time profanity filter coming?

Heard this earlier today and saw no thread of it. So far the best post on the net I can find is http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle....

It looks to me like something I hope they can do. It would be awesome if they get it to work so none of us have to hear any of the usual crap that is spewed on Xbox Live.

Tetnis wrote:

It looks to me like something I hope they can do. It would be awesome if they get it to work so none of us have to hear any of the usual crap that is spewed on Xbox Live.

Gumbie just turn off the mike now brother.

I'm hoping I can set it to leave all the lovely swearing intact but auto-mute all the stupid racists and homophobes.

It looks to me like something I hope they can do. It would be awesome if they get it to work so none of us have to hear any of the usual crap that is spewed on Xbox Live.

Hooray! We can get original swears now!

You're all a bunch of spoons!

Definitely down for an auto-mute. Hell, I was playing GTA4 online earlier with the gamertag "xXCrAcKeRpRiDeXx"

JoeBedurndurn wrote:

Hooray! We can get original swears now!

You're all a bunch of spoons!

What the flack, you blit!

I'd rather spoons be heard in my house than the norm. Especially when I have my brothers around.

WiredAsylum wrote:
Tetnis wrote:

It looks to me like something I hope they can do. It would be awesome if they get it to work so none of us have to hear any of the usual crap that is spewed on Xbox Live.

Gumbie just turn off the mike now brother.

Enlighten me. What's the Gumbie reference?

Xeknos wrote:

Definitely down for an auto-mute. Hell, I was playing GTA4 online earlier with the gamertag "xXCrAcKeRpRiDeXx"

JoeBedurndurn wrote:

Hooray! We can get original swears now!

You're all a bunch of spoons!

What the flack, you blit!

You son of a waffle!

It would be cool if instead of muting the profanity it did alter it to something else like waffle or spoon/fork. Would make for some crazy conversation. Really though as long as it can take care of all the racist comments. I don't care too much about swear words.

This thread will now only devolve into more and more references to Battlestar galactica/ Firefly-esque profanity coverups.

To be fair, mine was from Oxhorn.

Oh yeah, baby. I'll capture your control point. I'll capture your control point so hard.

So yeah... I'm fairly skeptical about this technology.

CrashedHardrive wrote:

This thread will now only devolve into more and more references to Battlestar galactica/ Firefly-esque profanity coverups.

Ya I should have called it but I figured the parents here would be especially interested in the tech. I know when my brothers are around I don't let them play Live with the headset. Just funny when they complain and tell me their mom doesn't care. I think some people just have no idea what's said on places like Live.

Tetnis wrote:
CrashedHardrive wrote:

This thread will now only devolve into more and more references to Battlestar galactica/ Firefly-esque profanity coverups.

Ya I should have called it but I figured the parents here would be especially interested in the tech. I know when my brothers are around I don't let them play Live with the headset. Just funny when they complain and tell me their mom doesn't care. I think some people just have no idea what's said on places like Live.

I frequently just take my headset off, can't stand 13 year olds using voice modulation to have the helium voice that have worse mouths than most prisoners.

How about upping the sound quality on Live first? Damn thing sounds like hell compared to Vent or Teamspeak.

You're all a bunch of snassinfrassin bike doctors.

Bunch of fargin iceholes.

CrashedHardrive wrote:

This thread will now only devolve into more and more references to Battlestar galactica/ Firefly-esque profanity coverups.

What the hezmana? That's a frelling load of dren!

JoeBedurndurn wrote:

Oh yeah, baby. I'll capture your control point. I'll capture your control point so hard.

So yeah... I'm fairly skeptical about this technology.

You captured my VALUED control point!

*I love Certis*

"Is there something wrong with voicechat? It keeps dropping out. Say that again, you're breaking up!"

Tetnis wrote:

Enlighten me. What's the Gumbie reference?

Some of us (definitely inclusive) tend to vent vocally while gaming. Nothing denigrating of racial or sexual persuasion but some nice sailor adjectives. I tend to use the mute switch as a push to talk setup personally

LiquidMantis wrote:
Tetnis wrote:

Enlighten me. What's the Gumbie reference?

Some of us (definitely inclusive) tend to vent vocally while gaming. Nothing denigrating of racial or sexual persuasion but some nice sailor adjectives.

I say Gumbie to deflect that I may be worse then him. It depends in how much I have been drinking and if I have moved in to bitter angry married man drunk.

I would say as if somebody calls me a homosexual in a derogatory fashion, and the voice filter says "Certis is awesome", I quit.

Ok the gumbie thing makes a little more sense now.

I just heard about this and wanted to make it known. I think this thing is a much bigger issue but that's a topic for another thread on another day that has probably already been done.

Just hope it comes out soon because I really have a problem with kids hearing these things and thinking it's ok. I know I swear alot but when I was a kid if I got caught saying half the things I hear in any given match on any game I doubt I'd be able to walk the next day. Better yet even form a coherent thought.

Just hope it comes out soon because I really have a problem with kids hearing these things and thinking it's ok. I know I swear alot but when I was a kid if I got caught saying half the things I hear in any given match on any game I doubt I'd be able to walk the next day. Better yet even form a coherent thought.

Well yeah. You can only beat the kid on your own couch, and it's not like what comes out of his mouth is going to be magically altered before it reaches you on the other side of the living room.

JoeBedurndurn wrote:
Xeknos wrote:

Definitely down for an auto-mute. Hell, I was playing GTA4 online earlier with the gamertag "xXCrAcKeRpRiDeXx"

JoeBedurndurn wrote:

Hooray! We can get original swears now!

You're all a bunch of spoons!

What the flack, you blit!

You son of a waffle!

This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!

Or parents can take the headsets away from children.

WiredAsylum wrote:

Or parents can take the headsets away from children.

And wazzle them right in the stapler!

WiredAsylum wrote:

Or parents can take the headsets away from children.

Ya but it doesn't stop the words coming from the speakers. Most parents don't know how to turn that off.

Tetnis wrote:
WiredAsylum wrote:

Or parents can take the headsets away from children.

Ya but it doesn't stop the words coming from the speakers. Most parents don't know how to turn that off.

Yes they do. They just choose not to.

Tetnis wrote:
WiredAsylum wrote:

Or parents can take the headsets away from children.

Ya but it doesn't stop the words coming from the speakers. Most parents don't know how to turn that off.

Really? Parents that lazy, that they can not take the time to figure out how to protect their children?

Or how about they do not let their kids on live unsupervised?