Fable 2 catch all

Grenn wrote:

So no more lightning easymode. I like that. I tried to use other spells, but mostly ended up using lightning because it was the most effective.

Oh wow, I hated lightning. I never used it. There were more creative ways to fight, like summoning the floating swords, using time to slow things down, and the multiple hit spell. You could destroy anything with that technique.

nsmike wrote:

Oh wow, I hated lightning. I never used it. There were more creative ways to fight, like summoning the floating swords, using time to slow things down, and the multiple hit spell. You could destroy anything with that technique.

I really enjoyed summoning the "creature" who started as a wasp but turned into the strongest creature it killed. I'd wear down one of the HUGE undead guys or one of the bandit leaders. and just block while the wasp beat him down. and if the wasp died, just summon him again. when he landed the final blow on one of the big guys he'd turn into him and the next time you summoned him again he'd still be the big guy. Really helpful to have one of the guys that takes YOU more than 30 seconds to kill on your side.

nsmike wrote:
Grenn wrote:

So no more lightning easymode. I like that. I tried to use other spells, but mostly ended up using lightning because it was the most effective.

Oh wow, I hated lightning. I never used it. There were more creative ways to fight, like summoning the floating swords, using time to slow things down, and the multiple hit spell. You could destroy anything with that technique.

I used a combination of Force push, berserk and str attacks. I became the incredible hulk! It also listed my class as berserker. This time I think I'll try something Errol Flynn-y.

Slow time was effective, especially since I was a will user. I liked to snipe a lot. But I never trusted force push, as it killed any allies around. Was fun to force push your spouse, though. Down the staris.

Nothing like a little Jedi-style domestic violence.

Hrm, just cancelled my preorder, or rather moved my $10 over to L4D. While I'm sure this game will be great, I'll just be too engrossed in Dead Space and Fallout to give this any attention.

You know, Penny Arcade had a good observation today about Fable; check out the comic.

As they so eloquently point out, Fable is a game designed for people who don't want to buy it.

Talk about freaking backwards.

It's odd; the game is the same game I've been reading about and catching previews of for a few months now, and has the same features that were described in impressions articles, but now that Molyneux has made a point of stating that the game is intended to also be aimed at casual/non-gamer friendly, people are acting like the game is different somehow. I don't get it.

I'm still as interested as I was a few weeks ago. I don't see how anything's really changed.

I realize this is perhaps getting to the point of beating the dead, but I wanted to reiterate Molyneux stated:

I have a favour to ask you -- we build this game not only to appeal to gamers like yourself, but to appeal to anybody. So please, please, please, please, please find somebody who doesn't play games, watch them play it and see how their world turns out, because I think it's only when you see those differences that the unique experiences comes through.

To me, that doesn't say "only a casual gamer will get it," but rather "compare notes with a different demographic to see the big picture." It just seems like there's kind of been this us-versus-them false dichotomy which turns any mention of being "casual friendly" into some kind of pejorative.

I'm sure it won't be for everyone, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

edit: Slightly less hyperbolish.

LupusUmbrus wrote:

I realize this is perhaps getting to the point of beating the dead, but I wanted to reiterate Molyneux stated:

I have a favour to ask you -- we build this game not only to appeal to gamers like yourself, but to appeal to anybody. So please, please, please, please, please find somebody who doesn't play games, watch them play it and see how their world turns out, because I think it's only when you see those differences that the unique experiences comes through.

To me, that doesn't say "only a casual gamer will get it," but rather "compare notes with a different demographic to see the big picture." It just seems like there's kind of been this us-versus-them false dichotomy which turns any mention of being "casual friendly" into some kind of pejorative.

To me this says: "Get your SO or child or someone else in your household that doesn't normally play games to sit down and take a crack at it. You may see them taking a much different path than what the hardcore player would naturally tend towards."

This is cool.

While playing single player, you can see other players running around the game as "ghosts" and you can interact with them - voice chat, trade, or invite them into your game to play.

I'd say that's worth a patch.

I have an item for them...

IMAGE(http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2006/11/ghosttrap.JPG)

CrashedHardrive wrote:

Penny Arcade comic on fable 2:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/10/13/

I think you may have meant this one?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/20...

Gameraotaku wrote:
CrashedHardrive wrote:

What he said...

I think you may have meant this one?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/20...

Yep that one :smile:.

Penny Arcade comic on fable 2:

edit: nevermind.

LobsterMobster wrote:

I have an item for them...

IMAGE(http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2006/11/ghosttrap.JPG)

:D

IMAGE(http://www.accesswave.ca/~thomson/ackbar.jpg)

souldaddy wrote:

This is cool.

While playing single player, you can see other players running around the game as "ghosts" and you can interact with them - voice chat, trade, or invite them into your game to play.

I'd say that's worth a patch.

That does sound cool. I wonder if it's just random people or if it's populated by your friends list.

LiquidMantis wrote:
souldaddy wrote:

This is cool.

While playing single player, you can see other players running around the game as "ghosts" and you can interact with them - voice chat, trade, or invite them into your game to play.

I'd say that's worth a patch.

That does sound cool. I wonder if it's just random people or if it's populated by your friends list.

I'm pretty sure it's just your friends list -- otherwise it would get a bit overwhelming, I'd think.

zeroKFE wrote:
LiquidMantis wrote:
souldaddy wrote:

This is cool.

While playing single player, you can see other players running around the game as "ghosts" and you can interact with them - voice chat, trade, or invite them into your game to play.

I'd say that's worth a patch.

That does sound cool. I wonder if it's just random people or if it's populated by your friends list.

I'm pretty sure it's just your friends list -- otherwise it would get a bit overwhelming, I'd think.

"Dude, are you playing Fable now?"

"No."

"Really? Because I can see you making swords in Bowerstone."

"Uhh..."

"Why don't you like me?"

So what if I set my status to "Appear Offline" when Grenn signs on? Will he still see me?

wordsmythe wrote:

So what if I set my status to "Appear Offline" when Grenn signs on? Will he still see me?

You have to friend me first!

There is a cool interactive story game on the Fable 2 site (http://fable2.xbox.com/Experience.aspx). Apparently if you play it through to the end (about 5 minutes for me) you get an item for the game sent to your Live account. I won a chicken suit.

ruhk wrote:

There is a cool interactive story game on the Fable 2 site (http://fable2.xbox.com/Experience.aspx). Apparently if you play it through to the end (about 5 minutes for me) you get an item for the game sent to your Live account. I won a chicken suit.

*sigh*

...Fine.

Ugh...how I loath flash based websites.
I get about half way through the little intro and the sound dies on me.

Grenn wrote:
wordsmythe wrote:

So what if I set my status to "Appear Offline" when Grenn signs on? Will he still see me?

You have to friend me first! :cry:

Sorry, all full.

I won a Lionhead tattoo and a hero doll.... yay
on my second playthrough i got a book of nasty expressions and a vial of Apocalyptic pink dye

Awww crap, you get different stuff? I'm gonna have to play this like 50 times now! I'll keep track of my decisions and let you all know what earns you what... if it's reasonable to do so. Damn, and it runs like ass on my computer, too. I hate you, Flash.

So how do these rewards work? Do you get the items on all characters created under that gamertag?

EDIT: Oh, right... 5 different items. >_>

OK, all done. It seems like there are three reward "sets", one for good, one for neutral, and one for evil. So just play through however you like. Some of the story and art changes but the choices are the same. I'm not certain, but I THINK the only decision that really matters as far as your reward goes is the last one. You only get rewards for doing it three times and if you try to claim a reward more than once you get a, "Hark! An Error Approaches!" message.

Here are my choices:

Choice 1: Tattle
Choice 2: Justice
Choice 3: Brown
Choice 4: Revenge
Choice 5: Left
Reward: Lionhead Tattoo and Hero Doll

Choice 1: Tattle
Choice 2: Justice
Choice 3: Brown
Choice 4: Revenge
Choice 5: Middle
Reward: Chicken Suit

Choice 1: Tattle
Choice 2: Justice
Choice 3: Brown
Choice 4: Revenge
Choice 5: Right
Reward: Nasty Expression Book, Apocalyptic Pink Dye

Choice 1: Tattle
Choice 2: Revenge
Choice 3: Green
Choice 4: Mercy
Choice 5: Middle
Reward: Chicken Suit (Nothing)

For those counting, there are 72 different ways to complete it.

Wow lobster that was fast.

It's not that bad. Once you've gone through it once you can skip over all the dialog and stuff.