Sons of Anarchy Catch-All (*Spoilers*)

Agent 86 wrote:

Just got to Season 2, episode 1. f*ckING HENRY ROLLINS!!!!!

Right? Always love a good Hank appearance.

!!Warning nerd rage!!

It is like the writers of the show

Spoiler:

Said "we could do some cool story arcs and twists like last season, nah that would be to hack to repeat that lets just sh*t all over the f*cking paper and manage to piss our fans right the f*ck off.

If next week isn't mind blowing I may be done even though it is signed for one more season.

WiredAsylum wrote:

!!Warning nerd rage!!

It is like the writers of the show

Spoiler:

Said "we could do some cool story arcs and twists like last season, nah that would be to hack to repeat that lets just sh*t all over the f*cking paper and manage to piss our fans right the f*ck off.

If next week isn't mind blowing I may be done even though it is signed for one more season.

I think this season has been amazing. Perhaps not as good as season 3, but still awesome. So much stuff is finally coming to light and the breakdown of various club members has been great to watch. No idea where your rage is coming from.

Also, ranalin:

Spoiler:

Told ya so :-P

Serengeti wrote:
WiredAsylum wrote:

!!Warning nerd rage!!

It is like the writers of the show

Spoiler:

Said "we could do some cool story arcs and twists like last season, nah that would be to hack to repeat that lets just sh*t all over the f*cking paper and manage to piss our fans right the f*ck off.

If next week isn't mind blowing I may be done even though it is signed for one more season.

I think this season has been amazing. Perhaps not as good as season 3, but still awesome. So much stuff is finally coming to light and the breakdown of various club members has been great to watch. No idea where your rage is coming from.

Also, ranalin:

Spoiler:

Told ya so :-P

ya ya maybe not this time but it will happen...

ranalin wrote:

ya ya maybe not this time but it will happen...

Next week for sure.

My thoughts:

Spoiler:

Re the Sonny Barger cameo: (very cool, by the way)

I need to rewatch that scene as I missed part of what was being said between him and Jax. But this was Lenny, who Otto requested receive visitation and yard privileges as part of his deal. Something is up that hasn't been revealed yet for next week. I'm predicting a big double cross coming for Mr. US Attorney.

At least they're giving us a hint this time. I was a little pissed off at the big reveal around the Jax/Stahl collaboration during the Season 3 finale. (The fact that the whole club was in on Jax's deal over the entire season) That's BS on a 'It was all a dream' level. Stahl getting wasted by Opie kind of took the edge off but I still think this was lazy writing.

What was said between Jax and Lenny:

Spoiler:

I don't think you missed anything: Lenny just said that Otto got him visitation, so something might be up with him. The interesting bit is that Danny Trejo insists there was no deal or investigation. Some people are saying your predicted double-cross exists here, Gio, and that Danny is a criminal informant in the style of The Wire's the Greek, or in The Departed.

My favorite bit:

Spoiler:

I started to feel a bit deflated during Gemma's tale--it all just seemed too easy and convenient, and I was disappointed. But then all the stuff about the removed letters came up, and I was heartened--It was supposed to seem too easy and convenient!

SpacePPoliceman wrote:

What was said between Jax and Lenny:

Spoiler:

I don't think you missed anything: Lenny just said that Otto got him visitation, so something might be up with him. The interesting bit is that Danny Trejo insists there was no deal or investigation. Some people are saying your predicted double-cross exists here, Gio, and that Danny is a criminal informant in the style of The Wire's the Greek, or in The Departed.

Spoiler:

Ooo.. That would be awesome. Come to think of it, Otto double crossing a Fed has been done.

My First Hail Mary prediction:

Spoiler:

Laroy kills (or attempts to kill) Tara or Gemma as payback. This keeps Jax in Charming and sets up the conflict for the next season.

Which dovetails with My Second Hail Mary prediction:

Spoiler:

US Attorney Potter is on the Lobos payroll. This will bring on Ragnarok if Laroy petitions the Lobos for muscle.

My favorite bit:
Spoiler:

I started to feel a bit deflated during Gemma's tale--it all just seemed too easy and convenient, and I was disappointed. But then all the stuff about the removed letters came up, and I was heartened--It was supposed to seem too easy and convenient!

Spoiler:

Her seeing herself with JT in those old photos probably wrecked her. She's lost her resolve. And there's no sense in trying to deceive Tara at this point since she's obviously read the ALL of the letters.

I'm having trouble keeping track of what everyone knows and doesn't know. Next week has a high chance of not sucking.

GioClark wrote:
Spoiler:

Her seeing herself with JT in those old photos probably wrecked her. She's lost her resolve. And there's no sense in trying to deceive Tara at this point since she's obviously read the ALL of the letters.

I meant more:

Spoiler:

The story she told about Clay seemed too easy and convenient. "Clay wanted to stay in guns, JT didn't, so Clay killed him, BOOM! Just what you expected all along!" And mad props to Tara's "I'm smarter than you." I don't think she's been that badass, ever.

I'm excited that there's clearly more to it. And I agree, I'm excited for next week. This season hasn't been great, but it's not really sucked, and it's been much more focused and memorable than S3. My Bold Prediction:

Spoiler:

Clay lives. Don't know how or more importantly why, but with everyone pushing Jax to kill him, I don't think Clay will actually die.

OMG, just watched a leaked version of the finale on a Russian website. Turns out this entire season was a dream Jax had while still in prison. I did NOT see that coming!

Serengeti wrote:

OMG, just watched a leaked version of the finale on a Russian website. Turns out this entire season was a dream Jax had while still in prison. I did NOT see that coming! :-P

Hush you...

Wow. Not at all what I expected, and a very quiet end to a very noisy season. My assumption now is that season 5 will be the end of the series. It almost certainly has to be. I, for one, cannot f*cking wait!

SpacePPoliceman wrote:

My Bold Prediction:

Spoiler:

Clay lives. Don't know how or more importantly why, but with everyone pushing Jax to kill him, I don't think Clay will actually die.

Don't mind me, I'm just going to lay back for a moment and bask in my profound rightness.

Serengeti wrote:

Wow. Not at all what I expected, and a very quiet end to a very noisy season. My assumption now is that season 5 will be the end of the series. It almost certainly has to be. I, for one, cannot f*cking wait!

I've read something, and it must have been on the AV Club or What's Alan Watching, that Sutter has some number of seasons in mind, and I don't recall how many, but it's more than 5.

SpacePPoliceman wrote:
Serengeti wrote:

Wow. Not at all I expected, and a very quiet end to a very noisy season. My assumption now is that season 5 will be the end of the series. It almost certainly has to be. I, for one, cannot f*cking wait!

I've read something, and it must have been on the AV Club or What's Alan Watching, that Sutter has some number of seasons in mind, and I don't recall how many, but it's more than 5.

I hope not. I'd like to think that TV has evolved to the point where the writers have a story to tell and a plan to end it when it's done. It'd be nice if the days of milking a franchise until everyone hates it were over.

Spoiler:

Has anyone seen my shark?
And for the record my nerd rage is completely unfounded and I am not even sure why I am annoyed. Oh I know because I am a spoiled entitled baby.

At least I will admit it

Seven seasons I think. I too would prefer five.

Anyway, I was pleased to see how they managed to keep all the main pieces on the board but shuffle them around to create all new dynamics next season. I was beginning to wonder how they were going to even have a show left with most everyone dead or in prison.

Oh and I think I let out an audible groan when that ADA left the meeting and made some comment about how the good guys needed to win one... super cheesy.

Wow, the first 5-10 minutes were not what I expected at all. Did it jump the shark? Maybe a little, but the show is so well done that it's forgivable.

I think the ADA's 'good guys' line, while yes a little cheesy, helped flesh out Potter's character who's been a goofy enigma all season. And that whole scene possibly setup a reason for him to be around next season.

I also really liked the tension and build up between Gemma and Tara over Jax. Should be fun to watch in future episodes.

And where did Opie go?

I dug ADA even more after his " I don't like people very much" comment.

Ok, I am only 6 minutes into this episode....

Spoiler:

I did not see that coming...lol the CIA?

f*ck this show. That was a sh*t plot turn.

I guess I don't understand the rage about the plot. I thought it was a fantastic season finale and looking forward to seeing what Sutter comes up with next season. I find the character development, writing, and acting to be fantastic. #1 show on television for me hands down.

Stryker wrote:

I guess I don't understand the rage about the plot. I thought it was a fantastic season finale and looking forward to seeing what Sutter comes up with next season. I find the character development, writing, and acting to be fantastic. #1 show on television for me hands down.

Stryker, you ignorant slut.

The CIA was a hard left turn. I would have liked a little big of foreshadowing there.

At least with the double-cross against stahl with the whole MC in on it, you could see the holes in Jax's getting away with it when he should have been caught.

This was totally out of the blue, but we knew that Jax wasn't leaving and the old man couldn't die yet.

I do agree with Stryker on one point though, for me, this is the best thing going on TV these days. Unique, with a great cast, and real emotional drama and character growth/change.

There were clues. Not many, but some.

When they tried to kidnap Tara instead of outright killing her, and when they told Jax that Otto hadn't snitched come to mind.

I love the symmetry involved in showing both law enforcement and the criminal underworld to be a hierarchy where you can have all kinds of great plans, and them someone higher up the food chain sweeps in and tells you what you need to do no matter how much it sucks for you. Especially when:

Spoiler:

it turns out the cartel is CIA affiliated and you start to wonder where the line between using the SOA for cartel purposes end and using them for law enforcement purposes begins.

Serengeti wrote:

There were clues. Not many, but some.

When they tried to kidnap Tara instead of outright killing her, and when they told Jax that Otto hadn't snitched come to mind.

Fair point on the kidnapping, especially with one little guy in a car suddenly being a half dozen bigger guys in a van, who IIRC were faking hispanic accents.

I thought they said that there was no government interest in the club. I must have missed when they said he didn't snitch.

Regardless, great show.

An interview with Sutter from Alan Sepinwall, regarding the season. There are some light spoilers for what Sutter has planned in the next season. Sutter isn't known for taking criticism well (if memory serves, he called Sepinwall's editor a name that implies certain indiscretions taken with his mother), but he's very reasoned and respectful here.

SpacePPoliceman wrote:

An interview with Sutter from Alan Sepinwall, regarding the season. There are some light spoilers for what Sutter has planned in the next season. Sutter isn't known for taking criticism well (if memory serves, he called Sepinwall's editor a name that implies certain indiscretions taken with his mother), but he's very reasoned and respectful here.

Told ya the Juice's Dad storyline was there in part to keep this from being Sons of Anarchy: Brotherhood is Magic!

Spoiler:

For me, what I like to do is, as we're moving along and playing with these other themes and values in terms of what the MC is, to then have those moments where we slap the people in the face and go, "Don't forget: this is who these people really are. They are racists, or have racist roots that are part of the club's foundation."

That's obviously part of what it was supposed to do--it just didn't jibe enough with what we'd seen before.

SpacePPoliceman wrote:

That's obviously part of what it was supposed to do--it just didn't jibe enough with what we'd seen before.

I'd say it's more that it didn't jibe enough with the happy friendly ideas we had of the club because we like the show and the characters so much, so it did exactly what it was supposed to do.