Well, it looks like those of us along the Gulf Coast are going to have a pretty crappy Labor Day.
I should get notified today whether I'm being released from work. The plan right now is to evacuate to my parent's house in St. Francisville on Friday evening (pending work schedule changes). Word is that mandatory evacuations may be issued as early as Saturday afternoon. It would be good to get out of town before then.
I hope all of my fellow New Orleanians and Gulf Coast goodjers are able to get out of the path of the storm. Best of luck, and be safe.
Edit: Title change for storm reclassification