AoC: Goons are getting banned

Guys at Stormhold had this post.

Demondred wrote:

People that hate them will love this...

http://forum.goonheim.com/showthread...

Make sure you read all the posts, they are very informative like:

Well, there were a lot we were using. To hide the big one I think most of us were banned for, I'll let you know there is a point bug with the Trainer in Khemi. I don't know why only Khemi, but if you hexedit your memory to prevent the zone from reloading when you pay to retrain, you get your feat points back but with the previous points already spent. It was awesome to max out all three trees.

Some of the folks make it sound rather innocent. If they sploited their way to more gold, patch it out. One dude was dual boxing it seemed, was on his way to paying for more accounts, and got banned for account sharing, probably on IP tracking. The last one bothers me the most as a lot of people play games on the go, not just at home, MMOs in particular.

Maybe it goes deeper, but can you really ban people, permanently because the game has glitches?

Also, bannings in the first week for exploiting some bugs seems highly extreme.

KingGorilla wrote:

Some of the folks make it sound rather innocent. If they sploited their way to more gold, patch it out. One dude was dual boxing it seemed, was on his way to paying for more accounts, and got banned for account sharing, probably on IP tracking. The last one bothers me the most as a lot of people play games on the go, not just at home, MMOs in particular.

Maybe it goes deeper, but can you really ban people, permanently because the game has glitches?

Also, bannings in the first week for exploiting some bugs seems highly extreme.

This guild is 1000+ members and the fact that they're talking about having 1000's of gold already... just totally messes with the balance of the server.

Wow. Actually, I am kind of stunned. I didn't realize how awful and completely deserving of their KoS tag they were until reading their forum. They deserve every bit of griefing, banning, and character wiping they get.

KingGorilla wrote:

Some of the folks make it sound rather innocent. If they sploited their way to more gold, patch it out. One dude was dual boxing it seemed, was on his way to paying for more accounts, and got banned for account sharing, probably on IP tracking. The last one bothers me the most as a lot of people play games on the go, not just at home, MMOs in particular.

Maybe it goes deeper, but can you really ban people, permanently because the game has glitches?

Also, bannings in the first week for exploiting some bugs seems highly extreme.

Have you met the goons.

Had this been another group I would still call for heads to roll.
Glitches, bugs, what ever. HEXEDIT - ban.

Same guys who are using a HExedit in FPS mode to see all hidden people.

ShadeRaven wrote:

Wow. Actually, I am kind of stunned. I didn't realize how awful and completely deserving of their KoS tag they were until reading their forum. They deserve every bit of griefing, banning, and character wiping they get.

Makes killing the younglings that much better. Odds are good it's an exploiter trying to level up again.

ShadeRaven wrote:

Wow. Actually, I am kind of stunned. I didn't realize how awful and completely deserving of their KoS tag they were until reading their forum. They deserve every bit of griefing, banning, and character wiping they get.

Yeah they are pretty much the worst bunch of people I have even come to see. They rampant ignorant racism, very crude humor in nearly every post, arrogance, exploiting all the games they have played, and nonsensical posts that I can only assume that there must be some mental defect behind (mainly because the alternative is that there are just people out there that are this awful and they are forming huge communites).

I'm not on the PvP server with you guys but keep destroying them because they seem to be the worst of the worst.

Highly extreme? They cheated, breaking the Non disclosure agreement they accepted before playing the game. I have zero sympathy for morons like those that got banned. Serves them right.

CrashedHardrive wrote:
ShadeRaven wrote:

Wow. Actually, I am kind of stunned. I didn't realize how awful and completely deserving of their KoS tag they were until reading their forum. They deserve every bit of griefing, banning, and character wiping they get.

Yeah they are pretty much the worst bunch of people I have ever come to see. They have rampant ignorant racism, very crude humor in nearly every post, arrogance, exploiting all the games they have played, and nonsensical posts that I can only assume that there must be some mental defect behind (mainly because the alternative is that there are just people out there that are this awful and they are forming huge communites).

I'm not on the PvP server with you guys but keep destroying them because they seem to be the worst of the worst.

CrashedHardrive wrote:
ShadeRaven wrote:

Wow. Actually, I am kind of stunned. I didn't realize how awful and completely deserving of their KoS tag they were until reading their forum. They deserve every bit of griefing, banning, and character wiping they get.

Yeah they are pretty much the worst bunch of people I have even come to see. They rampant ignorant racism, very crude humor in nearly every post, arrogance, exploiting all the games they have played, and nonsensical posts that I can only assume that there must be some mental defect behind (mainly because the alternative is that there are just people out there that are this awful and they are forming huge communites).

I'm not on the PvP server with you guys but keep destroying them because they seem to be the worst of the worst.

I KoS them every chance I get and have fun doing so

With dues like this and references to powerlevelling, this looks more like a front for a gold farming/powerlevelling operation than a real "guild".

Priceless

Getting more reports in from vent, every platinum member has been banned from the game.

I love how they even admit to using exploits, but still wonder why they were banned.

Also remember they are a Hype Machine.

The Dues are BS. It is a prank they pulled back in the wow days right after the Elitist Jerks and Goon Squad broke into 2 groups.

Grain of salt i take every report about them made by one of them. Huge f*cking grain of salt, not unlike those blocks for water softeners.

Before this I couldn't even begin to imagine there are people like that.

DevilStick wrote:

With dues like this and references to powerlevelling, this looks more like a front for a gold farming/powerlevelling operation than a real "guild".

The membership dues thing is a joke that started in WoW. Take a closer look at the screenshot you linked.

Also why would they post this on their public forums when they have private forums? Maybe it's true, but I wouldn't believe anything they post on their public forums. They've already manipulated their public AoC forum with the "pay for membership" joke.

They were pro forum trolls in WoW and they appear to be in AoC as well. Until this word comes from non-Goon mouths I don't believe it.

maxox wrote:
DevilStick wrote:

With dues like this and references to powerlevelling, this looks more like a front for a gold farming/powerlevelling operation than a real "guild".

The membership dues thing is a joke that started in WoW. Take a closer look at the screenshot you linked.

Also why would they post this on their public forums when they have private forums? Maybe it's true, but I wouldn't believe anything they post on their public forums. They've already manipulated their public AoC forum with the "pay for membership" joke.

They were pro forum trolls in WoW and they appear to be in AoC as well. Until this word comes from non-Goon mouths I don't believe it.

Maybe it's a joke, but on the link - the OP is supposedly from a disgruntled ex-member complaining about the dues, so the "uttergarbage" is consistent with that.

Since it's in their public forum, it could still be a hoax. But, it could be an ex-member with an axe to grind.

WiredAsylum wrote:

The Dues are BS. It is a prank they pulled back in the wow days right after the Elitist Jerks and Goon Squad broke into 2 groups.

They split right before launch. I don't remember this joke when I played on Mal'ganis. It would have been all over guild chat and the Mal'ganis WoW board. Pretty sure it's a post-BC joke/prank. I do remember them killing Thrall though.

They had a member ask to move it to private so it could be real

Thirteenth wrote:

Before this I couldn't even begin to imagine there are people like that.

I quit playing EVE because of these jackasses... not hard to imagine for me. Glad to see they're not getting treated with kid's gloves this time around.

ranalin wrote:

They had a member ask to move it to private so it could be real

They did the same thing in "pay for membership" thread.

maxox wrote:
ranalin wrote:

They had a member ask to move it to private so it could be real

They did the same thing in "pay for membership" thread.

ha! sneaky buggers. either way, they're getting hammered on our server. They may be cheating their way to the top, but it's a hard bumpy ride for them.

ranalin wrote:
maxox wrote:
ranalin wrote:

They had a member ask to move it to private so it could be real

They did the same thing in "pay for membership" thread.

ha! sneaky buggers. either way, they're getting hammered on our server. They may be cheating their way to the top, but it's a hard bumpy ride for them.

I really hope it is legit.

I'm not sure how much of this is true if any of it but nothing would make me happier than seeing the entire guild removed from the game.

If they are cheating that would explain some of the odd behavior or sometimes see when attacking them. The other day in Conall Valley I tried to gank a Goon PoM that was 2 levels below me. Despite using stuns and all of my Stamina I wasn't able to do any damage at all.

I thought it odd at the time but if they are haxxin then that would explain a lot.

I don't know, a Guild that attracts jerks and keeps them all contained in one easy to track mob seems like a plus to me. That said, if they are indeed jerks, it seems to me making a post talking about them would play right into their creed. Don't feed the trolls.

Seeing how pretty much every guild on the server is against them, I'd say their fame is having an opposite reaction. It just makes it sweeter to kill them all, and rally with other people (which is everyone else on the server) who despise them. True or not, if there's hacks, i will not shed a tear when/if the cheaters are dealt with.

I'm still not sure what their general motivation is yet. Obviously there's a bunch of inside jokes on the SA Forums. Do they really enjoy playing the games they bomb, or are they just a collection of the lamest wankers in any online gaming community? How does that not get old after a week or two? You'd think it would settle down.

Certis is on the money. They feed on the attention, no matter what. This story of getting banned smells of fakery. If there was a way to unsubscribe from seeing them in the game, I'd hit that button so fast..

Certis wrote:

I don't know, a Guild that attracts jerks and keeps them all contained in one easy to track mob seems like a plus to me. That said, if they are indeed jerks, it seems to me making a post talking about them would play right into their creed. Don't feed the trolls.

Good points.

I find it all interesting in an academic kind of a way though. I think threads that cry about them causing us problems feeds them. Poking at them under the light of illuminated discourse - I see that as academic discussion.

And, as swat says, it removes any guilt ganking them.

ranalin wrote:
KingGorilla wrote:

Some of the folks make it sound rather innocent. If they sploited their way to more gold, patch it out. One dude was dual boxing it seemed, was on his way to paying for more accounts, and got banned for account sharing, probably on IP tracking. The last one bothers me the most as a lot of people play games on the go, not just at home, MMOs in particular.

Maybe it goes deeper, but can you really ban people, permanently because the game has glitches?

Also, bannings in the first week for exploiting some bugs seems highly extreme.

This guild is 1000+ members and the fact that they're talking about having 1000's of gold already... just totally messes with the balance of the server.

Is the problem that they have the gold, or there there is an unpatched problem in the game that allows it? If everyone who used a glitch or exploit were permanently banned, multiplayer gaming would be a lonely place. Everyone who has had a router glitch into an accidental win should be banned from the internet(that was a nice surprise in Company of Heroes when my phone line glitched me out of a match though). The tale of WoW Arena is fraught with the control of exploiting the system, and then fixing them, NOT banning the people who take advantage of the current rules.

That is all I am saying. Sort of "If it is in the game, it is not cheating."

There is also, like I said, this is a week into the game's release. Jumping to permanent bannings that soon is overboard.

There were people on the WoW forums linking and distributing Lich King materials, and access to alpha accounts, and none of their accounts got banned.

KingGorilla wrote:

Some of the folks make it sound rather innocent. If they sploited their way to more gold, patch it out. One dude was dual boxing it seemed, was on his way to paying for more accounts, and got banned for account sharing, probably on IP tracking. The last one bothers me the most as a lot of people play games on the go, not just at home, MMOs in particular.

Maybe it goes deeper, but can you really ban people, permanently because the game has glitches?

Also, bannings in the first week for exploiting some bugs seems highly extreme.

Bug is a bug - Using that bug to the detriment of others, the game, or the intent, is exploiting. You would never be able to buy anything on that server if the thousands of goons had thousands of gold and you had, what, 2 or 3? They could charge hundreds for a level 30 tunic, and unless you exploit or buy gold from farmers, you can't even buy any gear. This is the stuff that ruins economies, and games.

KingGorilla wrote:
ranalin wrote:
KingGorilla wrote:

Some of the folks make it sound rather innocent. If they sploited their way to more gold, patch it out. One dude was dual boxing it seemed, was on his way to paying for more accounts, and got banned for account sharing, probably on IP tracking. The last one bothers me the most as a lot of people play games on the go, not just at home, MMOs in particular.

Maybe it goes deeper, but can you really ban people, permanently because the game has glitches?

Also, bannings in the first week for exploiting some bugs seems highly extreme.

This guild is 1000+ members and the fact that they're talking about having 1000's of gold already... just totally messes with the balance of the server.

Is the problem that they have the gold, or there there is an unpatched problem in the game that allows it? If everyone who used a glitch or exploit were permanently banned, multiplayer gaming would be a lonely place. Everyone who has had a router glitch into an accidental win should be banned from the internet(that was a nice surprise in Company of Heroes when my phone line glitched me out of a match though). The tale of WoW Arena is fraught with the control of exploiting the system, and then fixing them, NOT banning the people who take advantage of the current rules.

That is all I am saying. Sort of "If it is in the game, it is not cheating."

There is also, like I said, this is a week into the game's release. Jumping to permanent bannings that soon is overboard.

There were people on the WoW forums linking and distributing Lich King materials, and access to alpha accounts, and none of their accounts got banned.

I would be ok with this but editing your memory to not load a zone so that you can get all the feat points possible...repeatedly until you have the 3 trees full is beyond accidental "opps the game has a flaw and I seemed to have innocently take advantage of it". That is full blown trying to find a way to cheat the system and as such, by the agreement players make when they hit accept to the TOS and EULA, is a ban-able offense.

KingGorilla wrote:

There is also, like I said, this is a week into the game's release. Jumping to permanent bannings that soon is overboard.

Perma-Banning for hex editing is completely justified. These guys aren't breaking systems they're breaking the game. All MMO's go through a "batten down the hatches" phase at start when it comes to exploiters. Personally i think that harsher the punishment the better.