Car lovers?

Happytime Harry wrote:

If it's the 2.0t and you want a little bang for the buck, upgrade the software. ~$500 will get you 40-45 more hp, and even give you a few more MPGs.

The MPG proposition is intriguing, especially since I am putting premium in it. My list of improvements has expand to..

1) Tint windows
2) Upgrade software
3) Add subwoofer and isimple
4) Remount transmission

The car currently has 60,000 miles on it, and I put 15-20 thousand miles on a car each year.

Am I missing anything?

Squee9 wrote:

My list of improvements has expand to..

1) Tint windows

When we had a baby on the way, we thought about getting the rear windows on our Fit tinted, but I was worried about getting bad luck with a shoddy job and having bubbly windows. In the end we went with a $7 roll-on shade, but it's still something I'd like to do in the future.

As a testament to customizing too many cars in Forza, I also half-joke that I'd like good rims for the Fit too. The lease is up in February, and we'll probably buy it out (more likely to buy it out than lease a 2013 Fit—or a WRX—I can dream, it's a practical family car!) so the idea of personalizing the car we're likely to have for many more years is compelling. I mean, should we ever have a spare $600-1000.

Also, I totally scraped up two of the existing rims learning to drive a couple years ago, so if I could hide my embarrassment with some Enkeis, that'd be great.

Squee9 wrote:
Happytime Harry wrote:

If it's the 2.0t and you want a little bang for the buck, upgrade the software. ~$500 will get you 40-45 more hp, and even give you a few more MPGs.

The MPG proposition is intriguing, especially since I am putting premium in it. My list of improvements has expand to..

1) Tint windows
2) Upgrade software
3) Add subwoofer and isimple
4) Remount transmission

The car currently has 60,000 miles on it, and I put 15-20 thousand miles on a car each year.

Am I missing anything?

APR and GIAC both offer very comparable software upgrades. And although they might not explicitly say improved mileage, both of my previous 2.0Ts (gti and an a4), and even my 3.0SC S4 gets a little better fuel economy, and then the power is there when you want it.

Squee9 wrote:

I'm a man of a reasonable budget, and found a reasonably used 2007 VW GTI. The car feels great, very much a "hot-hatch", and fun to drive. The stick shift is great, not quite an audi A4, but better than a Sunfire. Also the previous owner redid the interior to all leather and put some nicer wheels on it.

I bought it two days ago, so save the hate 'till the newborn glow wears off.

I'm hoping to get a VW GTI next year. Just love the newer models...so...much!

Gravey wrote:
Squee9 wrote:

My list of improvements has expand to..

1) Tint windows

When we had a baby on the way, we thought about getting the rear windows on our Fit tinted, but I was worried about getting bad luck with a shoddy job and having bubbly windows. In the end we went with a $7 roll-on shade, but it's still something I'd like to do in the future.

As a testament to customizing too many cars in Forza, I also half-joke that I'd like good rims for the Fit too. The lease is up in February, and we'll probably buy it out (more likely to buy it out than lease a 2013 Fit—or a WRX—I can dream, it's a practical family car!) so the idea of personalizing the car we're likely to have for many more years is compelling. I mean, should we ever have a spare $600-1000.

Also, I totally scraped up two of the existing rims learning to drive a couple years ago, so if I could hide my embarrassment with some Enkeis, that'd be great.

Everytime I buy a new car I make them do tinting as that final "mmmmm lifetime guaranteed tint and it's a deal" thing. It costs them almost nothing. Can you negotiate at lease end? I've never leased so I don't know.

ibdoomed wrote:

Everytime I buy a new car I make them do tinting as that final "mmmmm lifetime guaranteed tint and it's a deal" thing. It costs them almost nothing. Can you negotiate at lease end? I've never leased so I don't know.

Hm, good question, I never would have thought of that. I'll look into it!

Gravey wrote:
ibdoomed wrote:

Everytime I buy a new car I make them do tinting as that final "mmmmm lifetime guaranteed tint and it's a deal" thing. It costs them almost nothing. Can you negotiate at lease end? I've never leased so I don't know.

Hm, good question, I never would have thought of that. I'll look into it!

If you were near me I have an awesome tint guy. Never seen a bubble, or tear in the 4 cars he's done for me. He did a buddy of mines car, it got broken into, and he redid the window for free after he got it replaced.

Thin_J wrote:

It's not a Vette and it's definitely not a Ford GT, but I'm still fond of my Mustang.

IMAGE(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Thin_J/Squeeeee.jpg)

I do miss my Focus every time I hit the gas station though.

Mustang owners represent!
IMAGE(http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/424569_3424316171758_2047742563_n.jpg)

The problem with "domestic" car makers is they suck at interiors. Every time I have bought a car it was based on the interior first, since that's what I am going to be looking at the majority of the time.

Uberstein wrote:
Thin_J wrote:

It's not a Vette and it's definitely not a Ford GT, but I'm still fond of my Mustang.

IMAGE(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Thin_J/Squeeeee.jpg)

I do miss my Focus every time I hit the gas station though.

Mustang owners represent!
IMAGE(http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/424569_3424316171758_2047742563_n.jpg)

Mine was red... If I could have waited just another year, I would have been able to get the 5.0 instead of the 4.6...

Lets see who knows what this is.... I miss this car, so much fun.

IMAGE(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/168413_10150101554069106_4621623_n.jpg)

Happytime Harry wrote:

Lets see who knows what this is.... I miss this car, so much fun.

IMAGE(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/168413_10150101554069106_4621623_n.jpg)

Looks like an Audi Coupe Quatro.

JillSammich wrote:

yo, fairly new to GWJ, and I have just skimmed the thread, but it seems as if everyone is into imports here? Nobody enjoys a nice domestic? *prepares for things to be thrown*

JillSammich wrote:

Not that I'm against foreign cars at all. When I graduate, I'm actually looking to maybe pick up a WRX or an EVO. I had an Eagle Talon TSi a long time ago and I kinda miss turbo AWD.

^^This. Fans of foreign cars get painted with the "fast and the furious" brush, while fans of domestic cars get painted with the "cave man hick" brush. In both cases it is true of many, but far from all. I prefer foreign cars, but I have a healthy respect and interest in domestics too. I have no problem with, and quite enjoy talking with auto enthusiasts of all stripes as long as they are enthusiastic about the cars, not the macho culture of cars (be it fast and the furious, cave man, or whatever else).

Yeah I couldn't care any less who makes a car. If it looks cool to me and manages to be fun to drive I'm good.

ElectricPi wrote:
Happytime Harry wrote:

Lets see who knows what this is.... I miss this car, so much fun.

IMAGE(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/168413_10150101554069106_4621623_n.jpg)

Looks like an Audi Coupe Quatro.

That it is. Miss my '90 90 5 cylinder.

Happytime Harry wrote:
ElectricPi wrote:
Happytime Harry wrote:

Lets see who knows what this is.... I miss this car, so much fun.

IMAGE(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/168413_10150101554069106_4621623_n.jpg)

Looks like an Audi Coupe Quatro.

That it is. Miss my '90 90 5 cylinder.

My guess would have been an S2, but it seems the S2 was Europe only. Very nice wheels. I was looking at, and dreaming of, an RS2 Avant for sale at a dealer near me a while ago. That car has given me a deep fondness for sporty station wagons, and Audi.

Uberstein wrote:

Mustang owners represent!
IMAGE(http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/424569_3424316171758_2047742563_n.jpg)

Didn't you have billet style wheels? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I'd love a muscle car, but not the fuel bills. We can't import LHD cars here, but there's a company that does RHD conversions. Rumours are the next gen Mustang is going to be part of Ford's global programme, so maybe there will be RHD versions.

Happytime Harry wrote:
Squee9 wrote:
Happytime Harry wrote:

If it's the 2.0t and you want a little bang for the buck, upgrade the software. ~$500 will get you 40-45 more hp, and even give you a few more MPGs.

The MPG proposition is intriguing, especially since I am putting premium in it. My list of improvements has expand to..

1) Tint windows
2) Upgrade software
3) Add subwoofer and isimple
4) Remount transmission

The car currently has 60,000 miles on it, and I put 15-20 thousand miles on a car each year.

Am I missing anything?

APR and GIAC both offer very comparable software upgrades. And although they might not explicitly say improved mileage, both of my previous 2.0Ts (gti and an a4), and even my 3.0SC S4 gets a little better fuel economy, and then the power is there when you want it.

I need to wait for the warranty to finish out before I mess around with that stuff though, because from what I hear it instantly voids the warranty.

Yeah, in retrospect tinting should have been part of the purchase deal, but I was 2 hours from home and I'd rather get the tint from a more local guy who comes with some high praise from trusted sources.

Pffft, warranties. My s4 had the software done at 3500 miles

Happytime Harry wrote:
ElectricPi wrote:
Happytime Harry wrote:

Lets see who knows what this is.... I miss this car, so much fun.

IMAGE(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/168413_10150101554069106_4621623_n.jpg)

Looks like an Audi Coupe Quatro.

That it is. Miss my '90 90 5 cylinder.

I've never been much of an Audi fan, but this looks unbelievably fun. Also, I'm coming around with your photos of the S4. That's a very clean vehicle.

Thin_J wrote:

Yeah I couldn't care any less who makes a car. If it looks cool to me and manages to be fun to drive I'm good.

+1

MrDeVil909 wrote:

Didn't you have billet style wheels? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I'd love a muscle car, but not the fuel bills. We can't import LHD cars here, but there's a company that does RHD conversions. Rumours are the next gen Mustang is going to be part of Ford's global programme, so maybe there will be RHD versions.

Yes, I did. I just decided I liked the Boss style wheels from Ford better. Still have the billet styles sitting in the garage, but 3 of 4 have varying degrees of curb rash. (The other reason they got replaced)
Not sure what I'm gonna do with 'em.

Here is my baby; my 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT. It's American made and just has that powerful old-school muscle car feel with modern styling and features. It's my daily driver for work and I love it a little too much. ><

IMAGE(http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/389364_841454252232_378809909_n.jpg)

IMAGE(http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/480922_841454247242_1928285600_n.jpg)

Yay my first double post.

The Challenger is a slick looking car for sure. I've seen a strong purple one rolling around here that gave me a very Saints Row The Third vibe. I reccomend that color.

I don't think I could bring myself to buy the challenger in the V6... As good as it looks, if I can't get the SRT, I'll pass.

Yeah the Challenger is my second favorite of the current "muscle" car models these days.
I think it's the most "retro" looking of the late models, love the lines.

I miss real chrome bumpers, though, for some reason.

Nice ride, Blondish!

JillSammich wrote:
Happytime Harry wrote:
ElectricPi wrote:
Happytime Harry wrote:

Lets see who knows what this is.... I miss this car, so much fun.

IMAGE(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/168413_10150101554069106_4621623_n.jpg)

Looks like an Audi Coupe Quatro.

That it is. Miss my '90 90 5 cylinder.

I've never been much of an Audi fan, but this looks unbelievably fun. Also, I'm coming around with your photos of the S4. That's a very clean vehicle.

Ya the 90 was a tank, and an absolute blast in the snow. Heavy, narrow tires, quattro, and enough power for just about anything.

And thank you, I follow the kind of "OEM+" mantra in modding, everything I do I want to look like it could have come from the factory, just better.

Happytime Harry wrote:

And thank you, I follow the kind of "OEM+" mantra in modding, everything I do I want to look like it could have come from the factory, just better.

^This.

I loathe gaudy kits and the enormous mufflers that seem really popular in the import scene. Functionality and power increases are my prime concerns when modding. Unfortunately, I have another year of college before I can get back into the scene.

JillSammich wrote:
Happytime Harry wrote:

And thank you, I follow the kind of "OEM+" mantra in modding, everything I do I want to look like it could have come from the factory, just better.

^This.

I loathe gaudy kits and the enormous mufflers that seem really popular in the import scene. Functionality and power increases are my prime concerns when modding. Unfortunately, I have another year of college before I can get back into the scene.

Ya. Mine stock has 333hp, it's about 430hp, only louder when you get on the throttle, and about 1.5" lower. Aside from that and the wheels it didn't need much.

Gallery here not gonna clog up the thread.