Crazy weird dreams that you've dreamt!

Two odd ones the other night:

1) My dad was driving me and the rest of my birth family, none of whom I've seen or spoken to in five years, at an insane speed through some snowy switchbacks. Came up on one shaped like a question mark (too much Batman:AA, I'm guessing), and he ramped us off the side of the mountain, where we flew until we hit a cliff and died. Few minutes of being conscious of nothing but blackness, then on to dream #2

2) Dr. Drew teaching some very high-level math course in college, collecting our homework, which was a 60-page paper on Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy, which I, of course, had neither read, nor written. Like all of my papers in college, I was attempting to write it the morning it was due. It worked out pretty well in real life, but the alarm went off before I could see how the dream paper turned out.

I've been struggling with really vivid dreams for the past couple of weeks. I don't remember what happens in them, but sometimes I wake up and my legs are just drenched with sweat. Its as if I've been running a marathon while carrying dumbells, all without moving an inch. Weird. It only seems to happen with "actiony" dreams where a lot of dramatic things are happening, or I have to move around a lot.

Some nights I can only get about 3-4 hours before this wakes me up. And the quality of my sleep has gone down

I had a weird one a few nights ago. I was an engineer in TF2, not playing as an engineer, but an engineer, running around with a wrench hiding from heavies and whatnot.

The weird part is I NEVER play engineer.

Prozac wrote:

I had a weird one a few nights ago. I was an engineer in TF2, not playing as an engineer, but an engineer, running around with a wrench hiding from heavies and whatnot.

The weird part is I NEVER play engineer.

Ghandek futur!

I had a dream last night that I was staying at the Royal York in Toronto with a friend of mine. We had separate rooms down the hall from each other.

For some reason, the hotel gave my room away, moving all my stuff into the hallway. The clerk at the desk told me to find an empty room and just stay there.

So, there I was, using my room key, which happened to be my Starbucks Gold Card, checking room after room. I finally found an empty suite, fell asleep, only to hear the door open....

Then I woke up.

I just had one of the weirdest dreams ever.

It started with me playing what was obviously left 4 dead. I was one of the survivors and we were running around a map. I don't remember a lot about it but it was dark and foggy, L4D1 style. There was a bridge in there, and a tank. At one point the map went through a pet store and there were cages of animals stacked all over the place. There was even a single white mouse up in a small cage that seemed to be booby trapped. It had all sorts of ropes and wires around it. Anyway I somehow got the mouse out of his cage by knocking him around with marbles and fed him to a nearby cat. (I have no idea) I got an achievement for that, heh.

I distinctly remember using a sawed off shotgun during play. Huge shotgun shells, almost cartoonish like the scouts Force-A-Nature. Eventually we came across some train tracks. I think what the game wanted us to do was get into a white van (looked just like the one in the game) and drive off into a tunnel. Well for some odd reason me and the survivors started having an argument about where to go. After a little while a train came along and started to push the van forward through a tunnel. It was barricaded and it felt like we were not "supposed" to go this way.

That feeling got confirmed a moment later. Because the train stopped inside this brightly lit warehouse/office. Pallets of crates everywhere as well as lan party style rows of tables with PCs. Someone came up to us and started bitching about how we "broke the game" and "shouldn't be back here" and blah blah blah. He then asked me to follow him and we started walking through the warehouse. I have to mention that this entire time I had an AK 47 in my hands. It seemed to be made of plastic because it didn't have any weight to it at all. While we were walking I popped the magazine and somehow pulled out all the remaining bullets in one hand. (I had about 8), and then stuffed them one by one back into the magazine. My companion seemed completely untroubled by this or the fact that I was holding a rifle.

We eventually stopped by one of the rows of computers. Now the guy with me either got called away to do something else, got distracted or he just told me to wait here. I forget exactly what happened. I ended up standing around not sure of what to do. And I was also feeling really uncomfortable walking around with a rifle in my hands so I was kind of holding it behind my back and trying to be unobtrusive. I noticed that the nearest row of computers had 3 people there working on something so I wandered over.

The person at the end of the row was Felicia Day. All 3 of them seemed to be working on some sort of gaming blog or news website that was shown on all 3 computers. At the very top of the screen was an article about Elemental. It was talking about the combat system I think. I had nothing else to do so I ended up chatting with Felicia. (what would YOU have done?) We talked about Left 4 Dead 2 first, started arguing about game mechanics and how useful the sawed off was. She asked me how often I played the game and with who. I told her I played just about every night with a regular group of friends. Then the conversation moved on to Elemental. Both of us agreed it was really cool but it was still in beta so there wasn't much to say.

I think around this point I asked her what she was playing at the moment. And she started talking about something called "Strato Pope". As in Stratosphere and well, the Pope. It seemed to be a sort of social browser game based around "cards". Players gain and use these "things" (never quite quantified, I thought of them as cards) and they have different effects on the game. From what she described it had a lot of backstabbing and general intrigue, kind of like Dominions. It also seemed impenetrably complex. Every action had all these bonuses and penalties attached to it that might come into effect many turns hence. A very complicated game.

And then while we were talking about this Felicia suddenly says "sec". Reaches up to her mouth and with a loud *SNAP* She pops one of her teeth out. I think it was a bicuspid. For a moment I sat there stunned into silence. In the background I distinctly heard a little "ding" sound. Then I start laughing, HARD.

So there I was, leaned back in an office chair laughing my ass off. Felicia is in the next chair, punching me in the arm and trying to get me to stop. Just before the dream ended. I heard the guy sitting next to her ask what was so funny. And what she said was...

"he just got a new achievement"

Win

EDIT: I must be playing too much L4D2. Also I just watched the entire season 3 of The Guild. So that might explain it. I have no idea how the pope figured into this though...

I recently had a dream where I went through the ficticious backstory of Johnny Appleseed. He was from a noble family that always looked down on commoners, but Johnny wasn't and he had a huge fight with his family and 10 years later he was married with a child and was spreading apple trees, but his family didn't like him because he was never home.

Way back in high school, I was friends with this girl. She was beautiful, a goddess, however I was an overweight and awkward teenager too cowardly to make a move for fear of failure (think Eli and Useless from Stargate Universe). We graduated and went our separate ways and I haven't thought much about her in the last twelve years. That was until Sunday morning, when she suddenly cropped up in a dream. Nothing lurid, mind you; just us bumping into each other and trading contact info. It certainly caught me off guard when I woke up and I suddenly couldn't stop thinking about her.

Later that morning, I tried to find her. Facebook, no. Twitter, nada. MySpace, nope. It seems even in this day of social networking, it's possible for someone to remain almost completely off the radar. I said almost, because that afternoon on a desperate lark, I googled her name. Bam! First link was a database of our graduating class, the subsequent ones a series of websites providing links to...lawyers. She's an associate attorney (listed under her original last name) for a firm in Sacramento. No contact info, yet, but at least it's something.

Rat Boy wrote:

Way back in high school, I was friends with this girl. She was beautiful, a goddess, however I was an overweight and awkward teenager too cowardly to make a move for fear of failure (think Eli and Useless from Stargate Universe). We graduated and went our separate ways and I haven't thought much about her in the last twelve years. That was until Sunday morning, when she suddenly cropped up in a dream. Nothing lurid, mind you; just us bumping into each other and trading contact info. It certainly caught me off guard when I woke up and I suddenly couldn't stop thinking about her.

Later that morning, I tried to find her. Facebook, no. Twitter, nada. MySpace, nope. It seems even in this day of social networking, it's possible for someone to remain almost completely off the radar. I said almost, because that afternoon on a desperate lark, I googled her name. Bam! First link was a database of our graduating class, the subsequent ones a series of websites providing links to...lawyers. She's an associate attorney (listed under her original last name) for a firm in Sacramento. No contact info, yet, but at least it's something.

Saturday night you say? What an odd coincidence, I had a similiar dream about this girl I had a huge thing for in high school... (LOL I hope to God nobody I know from then reads this board, because they'd know exactly who I mean) that same day; although I've kept in contact with her (more or less) after that so I've thought about her more than you.

Ha, the initials of the girl I had a crush on in High School were "JJ." Rewind to Junior year in high school, talking with a friend of mine wondering if I should ask this girl to the prom. She was trying to get a name out of me and I refused to give it, after which she asked for initials. My brain, not working logically at the time, didn't think "JJ" was a ridiculously easy pair of initials to identify. Thus, I associate those initials to the girl much more closely than most, as I can remember my dread at her being so easily identified.

Back to present day, through a series of events in which I learned that Bear McCreary was inspired by Eddie Olmos's recommendation of Deva Premal for a number of pieces in the reimagined BSG soundtrack, I bought a Deva Premal album. One of the songs on the album was "Homage to Krishna," which has a line that is simply "Jai Jai," pronounced the same way as the letters. As it is Hindi, I have no idea what it means, but the first time I listened to it, I didn't even pick up on the phonetics. But my brain did. That night I had some pretty intense dreams about this girl. Sadly, this was a while ago, so I don't really remember them.

Every now and then I listen to the song with hopes that it will generate new dreams, but alas, being conscious of it seems to have eliminated the effect.

My dreams that involved beautiful girls from high school were never that satisfying because my religious background or basic practicality would always crop up. The best example was a recurring dream about me and the most beautiful girl in my grade and possibly the school (IMHO) surviving an airplane crash and finding a deserted island to call our own. As we spend the days surviving, gradually, we start to fall in love. I don't know if its real attraction, if she finally sees something worthwhile in me, or lack of options, but either way, our clothes don't stand up to the elements and soon we're practically naked. And we both feel this attraction. But we don't indulge. At all. Why? Because I practice abstinence. Or because we both have real concerns about birth control and what would happen if we had to deliver a baby without help. And we end up living on separate sides of the island so we don't give in to temptation. Only once can I remember actually enjoying that dream and that's because it finally ended with us being picked up by a naval ship and I ransack the bunks for a box of condoms and we find a closet somewhere. Every other time, I wake up frustrated. Now in real life, she was mean as a snake, especially to anyone that's not her friend. Your time was literally better spent looking at her as opposed to talking her up. So maybe those dreams were reflecting what I knew to be true. Who knows?

Things got sooooo much better after I perfected Lucid Dreaming.

I dreamed Britney Spears was dressed as a dungeon mistress and had a whip after me on the treadmill and was telling me to "show her what I got"

peacensunshine wrote:

I dreamed Britney Spears was dressed as a dungeon mistress and had a whip after me on the treadmill and was telling me to "show her what I got"

Did you show her?

Duoae wrote:
peacensunshine wrote:

I dreamed Britney Spears was dressed as a dungeon mistress and had a whip after me on the treadmill and was telling me to "show her what I got"

Did you show her?

So the real reason why Duoae started this thread comes to light.

I think it was from watching too much biggest loser...you know how jillian michaels perches on the treadmill and yells at people?

Combined with listening to too much hip hop while I'm actually on the treadmill.

So, as kinky as it sounds, there is a very bland explanation for it. Though, it still gives me the giggles to remember it, hehe.

peacensunshine wrote:

I think it was from watching too much biggest loser...you know how jillian michaels perches on the treadmill and yells at people?

Combined with listening to too much hip hop while I'm actually on the treadmill.

So, as kinky as it sounds, there is a very bland explanation for it. Though, it still gives me the giggles to remember it, hehe.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Rat Boy wrote:
Duoae wrote:
peacensunshine wrote:

I dreamed Britney Spears was dressed as a dungeon mistress and had a whip after me on the treadmill and was telling me to "show her what I got"

Did you show her?

So the real reason why Duoae started this thread comes to light.

peacensunshine wrote:

...you know how jillian michaels perches on the treadmill and yells at people?

So kinky, it still gives me the giggles to remember it, hehe.

And so the real reason this thread was made comes to light...

I've had many strange dreams lately... mostly involving escaping or running. I blame my own sort of self-stress on this and my unconscious preference to run away from a situation i can actually deal with but don't want to. I think the last one involed some sort of event where i ended up hitting people because they wanted to stop me from moving in some sort of direction. Needless to say, i ended up killing them or hitting them to such a degree that they no longer impeded my escape....

Had another weird one. I was at an arcade playing at a Tempest machine. Whats weird about this you ask? Well I've never played Tempest. I've never seen a spinner and didn't even know this game existed before they mentioned it on the podcast.

I guess my subconscious didn't really know what it was doing. So it kind of bullsh*tted up some stuff. The machine was neon red, I remember that much. I don't recall much about the game. But the "spinner" was this weird gyroscope/chandelier thing that hung UNDER the front of the machine. Sort of where the joystick would normally go, only upside down. Though the buttons were still on top.

I had a dream that I was dating a coworker. She is a typical german-bred, "midwestern build" kind of gal.. After some time passed we got married and she got pregnant. When she gave birth they were bumblebee/people hybrids like Q.Bee from Darkstalkers. She also had about 50 of them. They were all blonde and very very pretty with amber colored skin and BIG black pupil-less eyes. They were all really protective of myself and their mom; and when someone commented on how much they were like hornets and not bumblebees they stung that person to death.

Then I woke up.

Last night I dreamed I was Lucille Ball and was on the set having to improvise a whole scene with Dezi Arnez.

Ganguro wrote:

I had a dream that I was dating a coworker. She is a typical german-bred, "midwestern build" kind of gal.. After some time passed we got married and she got pregnant. When she gave birth they were bumblebee/people hybrids like Q.Bee from Darkstalkers. She also had about 50 of them. They were all blonde and very very pretty with amber colored skin and BIG black pupil-less eyes. They were all really protective of myself and their mom; and when someone commented on how much they were like hornets and not bumblebees they stung that person to death.

Then I woke up.

I want to watch this movie.

Ok, so, I'm the captain and owner of the worlds largest flying hotel and luxury leisure resort. It takes the form of a Zeppelin that is as long as two QE2s placed end to end. I'm walking through one of the lounges. My staff have informed me that a representative of the international Mafia is asking to see me. The man is at the bar. He is large and wearing a dark suit. His body guard, a ten year old Indian boy, stands nearby, exuding an air of menace.

I engage the Mafia man in conversation and it quickly becomes clear that the Mafia are taking an interest in my business. He asks casually if I there is a way for me to give him a sense of the zeppelin's scale. I set up a fly over that takes a camera along the length of the ship (somehow showing the inside and the outside at the same time.) It's a very impressive film. When I try to show it to the Mafia guy he is completely disinterested and won't even turn to look at the screen it's playing on. Incandescent with rage I yell at the guy and then storm off.

Later, after another confrontation with the Mafia guy in the cargo hold, I kicked him off the ship. As the Zeppelin started to move away I dropped the body guard over the edge hoping his boss would make an effort to catch him.

I had a dream last night about teeth and holes in teeth. I dreamt that i was developing cavities in my teeth so i decided to swap them out with some of my spare sets. I picked up the two front sets of teeth i had on my dresser (they were like a portion of a set of false teeth but with only three or four teeth attached to each other) when i notice that they have massive holes running through the whole set from the back of the teeth.

Confused, i take out my current set of teeth and find that they have holes in the same places.

I don't remember much after that...

I've dreamed that I was invited to this gathering from some folks, and they were serving cockroaches for dinner. I didn't really want to eat, but that would be an affront to my host. The cockroaches tasted as disgusting as shrimps.

Thirteenth wrote:

The cockroaches tasted as disgusting as shrimps.

I'm confused. Are you saying the cockroaches tasted delicious?

muttonchop wrote:
Thirteenth wrote:

The cockroaches tasted as disgusting as shrimps.

I'm confused. Are you saying the cockroaches tasted delicious?

No, I'm saying that shrimps taste disgusting.

Thirteenth wrote:
muttonchop wrote:
Thirteenth wrote:

The cockroaches tasted as disgusting as shrimps.

I'm confused. Are you saying the cockroaches tasted delicious?

No, I'm saying that shrimps taste disgusting.

Nope, I'm pretty sure you just said that cockroaches are a tasty tasty treat. Hey man, I'm not judging, whatever floats your boat.

AmazingZoidberg wrote:
Thirteenth wrote:
muttonchop wrote:
Thirteenth wrote:

The cockroaches tasted as disgusting as shrimps.

I'm confused. Are you saying the cockroaches tasted delicious?

No, I'm saying that shrimps taste disgusting.

Nope, I'm pretty sure you just said that cockroaches are a tasty tasty treat. Hey man, I'm not judging, whatever floats your boat.

Then why do I feel like I've just been judged? Pretty sure I've heard the sound of gavel being struck just now.
Cockroach cocktail. Cockroach-tail. But cockroaches don't really have tails though. They have abdomen.

Thirteenth wrote:

Then why do I feel like I've just been judged? Pretty sure I've heard the sound of gavel being struck just now.
Cockroach cocktail. Cockroach-tail. But cockroaches don't really have tails though. They have abdomen.

I think that people are just ribbing you.

MrDeVil909 wrote:
Thirteenth wrote:

Then why do I feel like I've just been judged? Pretty sure I've heard the sound of gavel being struck just now.
Cockroach cocktail. Cockroach-tail. But cockroaches don't really have tails though. They have abdomen.

I think that people are just ribbing you.

Cockroaches certainly don't have ribs, they have a carapace.