Crazy weird dreams that you've dreamt!

Higgledy wrote:

It occured to me that these were less than ideal conditions for a baby.

I do believe that caused a "lol" from me.

Higgledy's story horrified me until I saw that we were in the dream thread.

Whew.

Yonder wrote:

Higgledy's story horrified me until I saw that we were in the dream thread.

Whew.

In reality I've punched holes in the bottom of my plastic baby basket so the rainwater can drain out.

Fragments of dreams.

Was trying to get a target away from a squad of tactical-equipped killers. Tim Daly and I realized at the same time that they'd corralled us into our own building. "Upstairs into the attic into the secret passages," we both said at the exact same time. Unfortunately while trying to cross a catwalk, the target was shot from men on the floor below.

Was hanging out with some people on a driveway, one of which looked like Katie Holmes, and we went down the street to the lake. A couple guys jumped in and remarked and just how cold it was and I said "Told you so." Then I looked over my shoulder and remembered that the volcano was erupting so we started evacuating people.

Through all the smoke and ash, visibility was limited. As we were moving people up the street, there was this bunch of bunch of guys all decked out in paramilitary gear harassing people about emergency preparedness, insisting people had enough batteries for flashlights before they could pass, just all kinds of ridiculous nonsense that wasn't really helping anyone, just slowing down the evacuation.

So I go into their little base they set up in the middle of the street and start screaming at them. One of them pulls up his M4 and starts to point it at me and I smack him and take it away. I look down and say "What the f*ck is this?" The charging handle had a thumbscrew on it and then I realized it was a paintball gun. None of them was really armed, they were just wannabes. So I started yelling about how if they kept up their sh*t I'd come back with 8 guns strapped to my back and put an end to them all. I turned around and Gregory House was there, holding up a golden pistol. "And he'll help me," I said.

Then I woke up.

Just a bit of dream I remember from last night:

I had a cyst of some kind on my neck. It was pretty big, about the size of a pea. I squeezed it and with a lot of effort, a tiny ear of corn (shucked) squirted out.

I just remember having a slight nightmare about not getting my math homework finished. Haven't had math homework in over a decade!

I know, I hate back-in-college dreams.

Sometimes I have dreams that I didn't actually graduate college because of some bookkeeping error. Otherwise, college was pretty great.

Everyone should have the privilege of being a genius studying poetry at a school full of nerds.

Lately I've been having anxiety dreams about impossible logistics and endlessly multiplying tasks.

wordsmythe wrote:

Lately I've been having anxiety dreams about impossible logistics and endlessly multiplying tasks. :(

Been dreaming about my job, have you? :p

I had this very strange dream that I only remember part of.

Liam Neeson told me to steal some info from this base and told it was the bad guys' base. I got the info and went to my house. I tried calling him but he kept refusing to pick up the info, making me really desperate. Later on, I realized that Liam Neeson was the bad guy and the bad guy's base was regular guys' base. All this time, there are like people patrolling the neighborhood looking for me. This spy gets to my house and I have to kill him. Every time I try to strangle him or something he gets up later and tries to escape. I try to kill him a few times more and fail every time - every time he just disappears when I check on his body, and I find him trying to run out the door, until I eventually drown him (which I remember feeling pretty disturbed about it)

I remember running around my neighborhood on foot trying to avoid black SUVs and stuff afterwards. Then I woke up.

Quintin_Stone wrote:

I know, I hate back-in-college dreams.

I guess I don't get those because I wasn't in college long enough for it to make an impression on me. So, the moral of the story is, drop out of college before it haunts you for the rest of your life!

Ranger Rick wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

I know, I hate back-in-college dreams.

I guess I don't get those because I wasn't in college long enough for it to make an impression on me. So, the moral of the story is, drop out of law school before it haunts you for the rest of your life!

Truth.

mooosicle wrote:

I remember running around my neighborhood on foot trying to avoid black SUVs and stuff afterwards. Then I woke up.

Sleepwalking is a bitch.

I woke up this morning, satisfied, thinking, "Wow, that was a really elegant solution." And I lay there, feeling smug and pleased. And then I realized I couldn't remember either the problem or the solution.

Malor wrote:

I woke up this morning, satisfied, thinking, "Wow, that was a really elegant solution." And I lay there, feeling smug and pleased. And then I realized I couldn't remember either the problem or the solution.

That in itself is pretty elegant.

Odd one last night - I dreamed that I forgot all the board games that I was supposed to bring up to PAX. Upon arriving there, I hid away from all my friends, since I was ashamed to have left my games at home; Justin McElroy found me and we teamed up to go find the role-playing area (which inexplicably resembled my old garage from when I was 6 years old).

I had to get 2 targets out of a house to safety while we were surrounded by snipers. We made a run for it but they guy got hit and I reloaded to a previous save.

I stocked up on weapons before going to the house now that I knew what I was up against. My brother was with me so I picked out weapons from my collection. Sniper rifle for me, one for him. Assault rifles... ugh, this one is crap. Okay, TOW-missile launcher for my brother. (All these weapons were about 1/4 scale for some reason.) Ready to go... WAIT. Forgot ammo.

There in my crate was the cardboard box where I keep all my ammo. I started to grab some individual ammo boxes from it but I felt this was too slow. So I wanted to open the cardboard box and peruse its contents menu to make it easier to sort the list and get ammo by specified quantities.

In case you couldn't tell, I've been playing A LOT of Skyrim lately.

The problem was, I couldn't open the cardboard box as a container! It refused to let me access its contents through a menu. What the hell! I became obsessed with getting the damn cardboard box's inventory menu. I clicked it a bunch of times (dream translation: tapped it with my finger). There was a keyboard on the ground in front of me and hit various keys trying to get it to let me access the inventory. But nothing worked. Then I opened the keybind menu (don't ask me how) and searched through it to see if there was a key I hadn't tried.

It was 6. That's the last I remember.

Our world somehow merged with some other dimension full of Minecraft Endermen. The interior of every building was replaced with a random assortment of stone rooms and hallways that didn't conform to the exterior dimensions, so most buildings were now larger on the inside. The interior structure sometimes also joined multiple buildings together on the inside even though they had no exterior connections. The Endermen behaved just like they do in Minecraft, so as long as you didn't stare at them or provoke them they'd leave you alone. Most of the dream was just me and a small band of survivors traveling around, avoiding Endermen, and trying to find uninhabited buildings where we could take shelter.

I was in the film Prometheus, which is strange seeing as it hasn't been released yet. It involved me trying to escape some sort of human-processing plant, which involved pressing random buttons and hoping I wouldn't be dropped into a giant meat grinder, acid bath etc. So, basically like the film Cube with added buttons. Also: terrifying.

Concave wrote:

I was in the film Prometheus, which is strange seeing as it hasn't been released yet. It involved me trying to escape some sort of human-processing plant, which involved pressing random buttons and hoping I wouldn't be dropped into a giant meat grinder, acid bath etc. So, basically like life in a cubicle, with added buttons. Also: terrifying.

Yeah, man.

I'm at work in my office (pretty different from my real office, of course) and a whole bunch of my family comes in. It's a massive office, plenty of room to fit them too. They start rearranging everything and I get pretty irked. While we're setting up all the pencils and pens on the desk, my sister starts trying to vacuum the carpet. This industrial vacuum is so powerful that it's pulling all of the rug fibers right out of the weave. She doesn't even realize this until I tell her to stop. Her husband comes in and comments that he was told the proper way to clean the carpet is with sea water.

My dad comes in and asks me if I'm still going to move with the family because they're not going to go if I'm not in. I don't remember where we were supposedly moving to but I reaffirm that I'm going with them.

My nephews are climbing on the fence that separates my office from the edge of the cliff so they're scolded.

I finally shoo everyone out of the office and take a moment to assess the damage they did. I'm trying to figure out what this 10'x10' cabinet is then realize it's my DVD cabinet. I decide to leave the desk where it is, facing away from the windows, so I can watch the door. Then I get to the bed -- there's a big king bed in the middle of my office now. I start sweeping all the twigs and pine needles off of it. What a miss. Were there even some worms? I can't remember. Did I mention the floor is now sand?

As I'm sweeping the crap off the bed, there's something rising out of the sand. Yeah, it's a dead guy. He has a sword. I grab a big tree branch and stumble backwards as he starts moving toward me.

Interesting article about dreams.

http://www.mindjunker.com/random/10-...

Should have been titled: Curious unsourced statements about dreams that were made into text-only images for some reason.

How not to make a top 10 list web page.

Quintin_Stone wrote:

dreamz

Office Space meets Walking Dead meets The Lady in teh Lake (or the Man in the Sand).

Anyone ever had a dream that included someone from GWJ? Like, their username and online persona as you interpret it?

I had a dream last night that I was at some crazy church rally in my hometown. People were gathered around with picket signs and were generally pissed off. I don't know what it was about but I remember thinking they were all morons. All of the sudden this large group of men shows up and starts putting on masks and loading automatic machine guns. They then turn and start gunning down random people in the crowd. I had a 9mm pistol in my pocket but I knew if I pulled it out to use it I wouldn't stand a chance because there were at least 20 of them. Here comes the funny part

I had a walkie talkie, I was hiding and using it to communicate with...John McClain aka Bruce Willis from Die Hard. I woke up before we could formulate a plan to take those guys down. If this ends up as the next Die Hard movie I'm gonna sue someone's ass.

FSeven wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

dreamz

Office Space meets Walking Dead meets The Lady in teh Lake (or the Man in the Sand).

Anyone ever had a dream that included someone from GWJ? Like, their username and online persona as you interpret it?

Yeah, wordsmythe was in a dream of mine on page 13. But I've also met him in real life.

Quintin_Stone wrote:
FSeven wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

dreamz

Office Space meets Walking Dead meets The Lady in teh Lake (or the Man in the Sand).

Anyone ever had a dream that included someone from GWJ? Like, their username and online persona as you interpret it?

Yeah, wordsmythe was in a dream of mine on page 13. But I've also met him in real life.

Was he spooning you while correcting your grammar?

mooosicle wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:
FSeven wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

dreamz

Office Space meets Walking Dead meets The Lady in teh Lake (or the Man in the Sand).

Anyone ever had a dream that included someone from GWJ? Like, their username and online persona as you interpret it?

Yeah, wordsmythe was in a dream of mine on page 13. But I've also met him in real life.

Was he spooning you while correcting your grammar?

In real life, or in Stone's nightmare?

Horrible dream last night. Our youngest died in her sleep, and I couldn't get anyone to care about it other than me. Still trying to shake that one off three hours later...