Vampire - The Masquerade

Pages

From Gamespot

Man, Team Fortress 2 and now Vampire 2? That Source engine is getting a lot of mileage already.

Edit: Who knew Britney Spears would turn into a chain-smoking blood-sucker?

Trokia makes good games. The last Vampire game didn''t do it for me.

Did you try it after the patch? It stopped sucking then...unless you were sucking blood, of course.

Is Troika big enough to do the D&D game and the Vampire: the Masquerade sequel?

I wonder if they are hiring

Time are looking up! Lots of good games on the horizon.

I need to get myself to E3.

"Rat Boy" wrote:

From Gamespot

Man, Team Fortress 2 and now Vampire 2? That Source engine is getting a lot of mileage already.

Whats this about TFC2??????

Well, it''s not completely a rumor. The release date is a guess based on ''blurry'' statements Doug Lombardi made while Gamestar was visiting Valve, the rest appears to be information they''ve got from the company.

Playing Vampire The Masquerade, grabbed it off STEAM this weekend for the first time $9.99. Really a good Halloween game... Love it so far!

Jesus... this might be one of the oldest bumps ever.

I for once thougth it was about a new sequel

Then I read the dates...

Damn you ArmedBushido! Damn you!

Yeh, that was...cruel...
/goes into corner to cry a little/

John Romero, that guy from id? He is totally starting his own company and making an FPS!

Damn armedbushido, I hate you... I was like "holy sh*t!", then I checked the Gamespot link from Rat Boy and I was like "errr...". Really sad now.

Ulairi's Troika comment was what tipped me off.

Despite all its technical problems, Bloodlines was an amazing RPG. One of the best endings evar.

armedbushido, you're a son of a bitch. I got excited for nothing.

Necromancer!

Make a new thread next time, dude. This one is over four years old!

Edited the title so it doesn't induce heart attacks. It's a GREAT game now that they have all patched and working.

Yep, unfortunately we'll never see another V:TM game, since White Wolf ditched it in favor of a streamlined RPG Vampire: The Requiem. Chances are that White Wolf and the EVE people will be using that for the World of Darkness MMO.

Certis wrote:

Edited the title so it doesn't induce heart attacks. It's a GREAT game now that they have all patched and working.

And the fact that it's currently $9.99 at Steam means anyone who doesn't own it has no excuse.

kuddles wrote:
Certis wrote:

Edited the title so it doesn't induce heart attacks. It's a GREAT game now that they have all patched and working.

And the fact that it's currently $9.99 at Steam means anyone who doesn't own it has no excuse.

Well, that depends. Do the unofficial patches work on the Steam version?

I should play that again. I remember it being pretty good.

I'm such a whore, when the original crashed my computer repeatedly I just downloaded the videos and spoiled the whole damn thing for myself.

I miss playing that pen and paper game. I got rid of angst I didn't even know I had, all from the convenience of my buddy's card table in his mom's basement.

Blood points and clean sheets. Hmmm... Memories! Like the shadows of our lives...

/sorry

(hides under table)

Rat Boy wrote:
kuddles wrote:
Certis wrote:

Edited the title so it doesn't induce heart attacks. It's a GREAT game now that they have all patched and working.

And the fact that it's currently $9.99 at Steam means anyone who doesn't own it has no excuse.

Well, that depends. Do the unofficial patches work on the Steam version?

I don't have the Steam version but from what I've heard they do.

Anyone know of a why to get the game into widescreen? Found a little patch off Fileplanet but does not seem to work.

Rat Boy wrote:

Well, that depends. Do the unofficial patches work on the Steam version?

Yes, and the Direct2Drive version.

armedbushido wrote:

Anyone know of a why to get the game into widescreen? Found a little patch off Fileplanet but does not seem to work.

For starters, if you're talking about the widescreen patch, it needs to be in the "bin" folder to do anything. I have no idea why it doesn't tell you that.

Still, to get it looking the best, follow the advice on this page. It's a bit of a struggle, but it's worth it.

I still have this on my hard disk since last time I played it with an unofficial patch. Amazing game after all the fixes. I feel like playing it all over again because of this thread...

Can anyone provide some handy dandy links to unofficial patch goodness for folks interested in finally getting on the trolley?

Last time I played I remember I got it from Gamespot. They have a bunch of them there. The one I used was Unofficial Patch 2.4, and that was the latest at the time. I see theres a bunch more after that!

Vampire Unofficial Patches.

Yup. Either download 4.2 or the True VTMB v5.04 patch after installing the final official one, depending on your preferences. (The "True" patches are made by a different group, who make the same bugfixes as the other unofficial patches but make no attempt to "fix balance issues" or anything else they think could be subjective.)

Anyone know a site that doesn't require registration to download?

Edit: Found one.

Pages