Splinter Cell: Conviction revealed

Spunior wrote:
Apparently this is a move to make the game more accessible, because producer Ferland's friends found the previous games too complex.

Next in the series: Splinter Cell: Radical Rascal - master a collection of challenging mini-games during this journey into Sam's childhood!

Exclusive to the Wii!

Pretty awesome new walkthrough of the game. The animations are a bit weird in spots but they sill have time. I'm not sure how I feel about the easy button shooting mode.

It doesn't look bad. A bit cartoonier than I'm used to from the series, and I am kind of sick of Sam Fisher, though I know if they got rid of him they'd replace him with a vapid supermodel in a catsuit or a clone of Sam Fisher from the first game.

The good news on the "Easy Button" shooting is that it's not a constant feature. You have to bank a limited number of one-shot kills by actually doing stealth work yourself on other guys.

(Not sure if that's noted in the video or not as I'm just getting ready to watch it.)

Aaron D. wrote:

The good news on the "Easy Button" shooting is that it's not a constant feature. You have to bank a limited number of one-shot kills by actually doing stealth work yourself on other guys.

(Not sure if that's noted in the video or not as I'm just getting ready to watch it.)

The only problem I have with this is that i've heard that banking the one-shot kills and later using them in sticky situations seems to nearly be a requirement in some areas. This could be a problem for Splinter Cell "purists" who love to give the game a no shot/no kill/no alert run, as I do. Though with the multiple paths to get through areas and infinite other ways to get things done, i'm not too worried that it will be the case.

I won't argue that point.

I know that the last-resort Rambo shootout scenario is a crutch provided in many sneakers to appease a more casual crowd (I'm looking at you Hitman), but I'm OCD on this genre and insist on finishing levels 100% undetected.

If I have to shoot enemies in order to progress levels I'll be pretty let down too.

Combat seems a little bit like 007: Everything or Nothing off the PS2. Not necessarily that bad.

Certis wrote:

So long as I can grab men from behind I'm happy.

Certis wrote:

So long as I can grab men from behind I'm happy.

IMAGE(http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2317/certisam.jpg)

Bear wrote:
Certis wrote:

So long as I can grab men from behind I'm happy.

Certis is awesome.

Anyone know if this is going to be region-free? That Limited Collector's edition looks good enough to import, what with the figure and an entire extra game mode, but it's not coming out in North America.

SocialChameleon wrote:

Anyone know if this is going to be region-free? That Limited Collector's edition looks good enough to import, what with the figure and an entire extra game mode, but it's not coming out in North America.

No authoritative answer, but if the extra game mode relies on DLC you'll have some trouble getting it. I assume the game is very likely region locked (PlayAsia is selling two different versions with different region codes, and, well, almost nothing is region-free on the 360).

What I *can* say is that there is a U.S.-specific collector's edition, with some stuff that doesn't seem to be advertised for the import version (like a USB drive and comic book), so if you're really crazy to get all you can you might consider getting both...?