Anyone use Twitter?

anyone with a JAVA capable mobile phone tried TINY TWITTER (http://www.tinytwitter.com/)?

Doesn't look like it is better than Twitterberry...

Hmm. Too many co-workers and employees following me. I may have to split my personalities.

magnus wrote:

Hmm. Too many co-workers and employees following me. I may have to split my personalities.

I feel you on that one. My boss is ridiculously tech savvy and usually does the "I wanna friend you up" serenade on a new service before I have the chance to make myself inconspicuous. Not a big deal until I want to bitch about having a bad day.

Alright... you guys are so obnoxious all weekend with your Twitter giggling while playing games (and magically having people from the next room bring you drinks)... I joined. I already friended you if you were in Demi's profile and I met you in person. I hate being left out... can you tell?

rainayvette

E Hunnie wrote:

Alright... you guys are so obnoxious all weekend with your Twitter giggling while playing games (and magically having people from the next room bring you drinks)... I joined. I already friended you if you were in Demi's profile and I met you in person. I hate being left out... can you tell?

rainayvette

The only reason I'd join would be to more easily laugh at Demiurge more often. I feel like I can't be a real Twitterer until I've launched and regularly maintained a blog.

Eh, what the hell, I'll bite. My life is kind of interesting at the moment. Helioskannon
I can't stand myspace. (Though, I have one my GF made for me. I haven't checked it since.... a while ago.) I've got a blog that I'm not updating too often, but that's about it. Then again, I am somewhat anti-socal. (In person, at least).

Everyone should be following Cobra Commander. I get a good laugh out of him/her.

WineGlass wrote:

Everyone should be following Cobra Commander. I get a good laugh out of him/her.

That's just freaking awesome, thanks for sharing. How'd you find that, if I may ask?

Veloxi wrote:
WineGlass wrote:

Everyone should be following Cobra Commander. I get a good laugh out of him/her.

That's just freaking awesome, thanks for sharing. How'd you find that, if I may ask?

Saw it linked in Kevin Rose's twitter feed. Clicked through and laughed. A bunch.

I have an account from a while back under the nom de plume Doktor Kisses. I still haven't decided if I'm going to use it properly or make it the ficticious online diary of a famed salivary healer/charlatan.

I'll probably forget all about it in a couple of months or so.

Another mobile Twitter app has hit the scene-- TWIBBLE.

Designed for the Nokia N95, but works on any Java capable phone, including Blackberries.

http://www.twibble.de/twibble-mobile/

Haven't tried it yet, as I'm generally pretty happy with TWITTERBERRY, but I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight.

SommerMatt wrote:

Another mobile Twitter app has hit the scene-- TWIBBLE.

Designed for the Nokia N95, but works on any Java capable phone, including Blackberries.

http://www.twibble.de/twibble-mobile/

Haven't tried it yet, as I'm generally pretty happy with TWITTERBERRY, but I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the heads up. I had Twitter added to my Fring, but each time someone Tweeted, my phone would vibrate or beep, that got annoying FAST, but no way to turn it off. Now I can Twittify my N95 again!

I'm glad I could help you out... personally, I really don't like it so far... but I'm biased against Java apps that don't recognize the Blackberry unique features (e.g. having to open then close a text box, rather than just allowing you to type directly into the field).

Guess I'll stick with Twitterberry for now.

This Twitter spam is getting annoying, I might end up having to start authorizing new friends.

You don't have to follow everyone who follows you. When I get the "so-and-so is now following you" e-mail I click on their stream to see what they are saying and if it obvious that they are just spamming I don't bother following them. Usually they disappear in a day or two.

tanstaafl wrote:

You don't have to follow everyone who follows you. When I get the "so-and-so is now following you" e-mail I click on their stream to see what they are saying and if it obvious that they are just spamming I don't bother following them. Usually they disappear in a day or two.

The thing is, I don't want randoms following me either, not that they'll care about my random blatherings about games and what not

I've noticed a lot that are new accounts that are spamming everyone they can to promote their website, whatever they are selling etc.

Swat wrote:
tanstaafl wrote:

You don't have to follow everyone who follows you. When I get the "so-and-so is now following you" e-mail I click on their stream to see what they are saying and if it obvious that they are just spamming I don't bother following them. Usually they disappear in a day or two.

The thing is, I don't want randoms following me either, not that they'll care about my random blatherings about games and what not

I've noticed a lot that are new accounts that are spamming everyone they can to promote their website, whatever they are selling etc.

Well, you can choose to "protect your updates" if you want. I follow tanstaafl's suggestions above, and it works for me so far.

SommerMatt wrote:
Swat wrote:
tanstaafl wrote:

You don't have to follow everyone who follows you. When I get the "so-and-so is now following you" e-mail I click on their stream to see what they are saying and if it obvious that they are just spamming I don't bother following them. Usually they disappear in a day or two.

The thing is, I don't want randoms following me either, not that they'll care about my random blatherings about games and what not

I've noticed a lot that are new accounts that are spamming everyone they can to promote their website, whatever they are selling etc.

Well, you can choose to "protect your updates" if you want. I follow tanstaafl's suggestions above, and it works for me so far.

I go even one step further, and if it is some random person we wants to follow tons of people, or some marketing thing, I then go into my followers list and block them. I don't need spammers in my followers list.

Yeah, I don't protect my updates but I'll check out every new person who follows me. If I think they're a spammer (significantly more following than followers is a good clue), then I'll block them. You don't have to go into your followers list, either. When you're on their page, just scroll to the bottom of the right-hand column and you can block them from there.

I'm nerdtastic on twitter. I'm fairly new so I don't post super often... *cough* demiurge *cough*

http://twitter.com/nerdtastic

Add me into this - I am sporadic, but do monitor folks.

am "docbadwrench" there too.

Here are my current stats, just in case you were curious.

justinmwhitaker

Currently:
Spore? Who needs it? iD Superpack 50% off on Steam. Money well spent.

Stats

* Following 334
* Followers 167
* Favorites 44
* Direct Messages 9
* Updates 1,746

I vigorously clean my followers, and try to keep the following to follow ratio 2/1, so I don't look like a spammer.

Most of the people I am following are social media/marketing/web2.0 types, and the folks here. Twitter is really surprising: you can @ someone internet famous, and they respond. Very cool group of people, very cool tool.

I'm revising this thread because I'm learning more and more as I stumble through this whole thing. I've learned a few interesting things:

Less is more, but too little is not enough and very confusing.
Had to create a second account because I'm playing in this really weird twitter-RPG. Nothing says "Don't follow me" like three incomprehensible tweet-moves all in a row. My apologies to any of you who've been seeing that.

This is all newbie stuff for all of you who've been at this since the start, but I wanted to share anyhow. Keep tweeting.

I saw that but it just made me curious about what you were doing. What's the story with that, anyway?

I'm taking part in StrangeIsland, a experimental Twitter RPG. Each player has a character a-la standard role-playing game stuff, only we use twitter to talk and make our moves. If you are interested in monitoring the game itself, you can visit this Twitter-search to see the conversation taking place.

Each of us has a backstory which we use to weave the narrative together. I'm basically using this new account to make my moves, so I don't muck-up my main feed. I'm glad you weren't put off. Twitter is still very new and experimental for me so I'm doing my best to behave appropriately, albeit a little clumsily.

You people aren't adding me fast enough.

Read my sig, and then do it!

Wow, settle down there chief. Winning the contest has made all the power go to your head!

*Legion* wrote:

You people aren't adding me fast enough.

Read my sig, and then do it!

You might try, I don't know, tweeting something entertaining.

Swat wrote:

Wow, settle down there chief. Winning the contest has made all the power go to your head!

My berating added one new follower. Don't knock successful tactics!

*Legion* wrote:
Swat wrote:

Stuff

My berating added one new follower. Don't knock successful tactics! ;)

2 new followers..... (I am sheep!)