Finished Any Games Lately?

I've been pretty busy lately, so I've finished nothing (but sampled a fair amount!) The last game I finished was The Longest Journey in the summer. Very worthwhile experience!

I finished Command & Conquer Red Alert back in 1999 or so. Great game!

Stylez wrote:

Sin what hourage am I looking at for Okami? I've put in about 10 hours so far and have killed spiderplantlady and just recently completed that crazy rapids section with the log...

You still have a very long way to go. I'd say you are maybe, hm, 1/5 of the way through the game? Maybe 1/4? I think my final clock time for Okami was like 40 or 50 hours. I might have said exactly what it was in the thread about the game, but I'm too lazy to go searching.

Fair enough. I figured it wouldn't be one I'd finish soon

Aang wrote:

The last time I beat a game was 2 years ago when I was single.

I would love to play more games and beat more games, but I never have the time.

My fiance always has projects for me to be involved in. She allows TV watching because she considers it a social activity, but pc gaming happens for me either when she's asleep, or when she also wants to get on a computer for some reason.

I'm in the same boat. I have to plan my gaming time in advance and around the various activities that my significant other concocts for me. A lot of times, I find myself staying up till 1:00 or 2:00 am during the week just to get my daily gaming in. I can't imagine what will happen when I factor some rugrats into this situation...

Final projects this week, finals next week... no time to play much of anything, after next week though, I'll be in full gaming glory.

Currently "supposedly" Playing:

Gears of War: Act 2 Hardcore - Once I'm done I'll give coop a try on insane.
Company of Heroes - Mission after the bridges...
Tony Hawk 8 - Just got it, about 1 hour in.
Superman Returns - 80% - Brother received it as a gift. It's got it's problems and repetitive , but it's fun enough for me to go through it.
Guitar Hero 2 - Beat it on Medium. - about 1/3 into Hard.
Bully - 0% ... Have it for a week. Still haven't touched it.

After finals I plan on going through them and hopefully finish at least 3 of those before the next semester begins...

93_confirmed wrote:

I can't imagine what will happen when I factor some rugrats into this situation... :-(

Simple... you teach them to play from an early age, so that they help you beat that last level in Gears of War and Marvel UA!

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus last month. Then I became wrapped up in City of Heroes, so nothing more recent.

Stylez wrote:

Sin what hourage am I looking at for Okami? I've put in about 10 hours so far and have killed spiderplantlady and just recently completed that crazy rapids section with the log...

My final playtime was just shy of 45 hours and I missed lots of the stray beads and some sidequest stuff.

jmdanny wrote:
93_confirmed wrote:

I can't imagine what will happen when I factor some rugrats into this situation... :-(

Simple... you teach them to play from an early age, so that they help you beat that last level in Gears of War and Marvel UA!

If I have my way, the kid would be playing games in the womb and I'll name him Link, Duke Nukem or Master Chief. Hmm...now I'm starting to think of names of video game characters that would make decent real world names. Anyone?

JohnnyMoJo wrote:

To: All of you that have time to finish games
From: JohnnyMojo
Re: Games

Damn your hides!

Love,
JMJ

Seriously...I never have time to finish games. Kids, books, wife, movies, tv shows, work, games...argh! My Desktop on my PC has icons for Doom3, the CoD expansion and CoD2, Swat 4, Sacred Underworld, Oblivion, Vampire, Sin, Divine Divinity, Freedom Force v the Third Reich, Age of Wonders II, Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne, Rome, Medieval II, C&C Generals: Zero Hour, Combat Mission 1-3, Silent Storm, WH40K DoW and expansions, WH: Mark of Chaos, Battle for Middle Earth II, Company of Heroes, Space Rangers 2, Rise of Legends, NWN2, Civ 4, Pirates!, Railroads!, Guild Wars, WoW, and MtG:O. And that's just PC. Not counting PS2, Gamecube, DS, PSP, Xbox, Xbox360, PS1, N64, GBA, and Saturn games all mocking me. Argh!

I hate you people. ;-)

While my list differs, my situation is identical and I also hate these people. My real problem is having my yearly bonus coming up and for the first time I will be able to buy something significant with it. The rub is that I have a long list of things I want so now I have to figure out which one I want more.

Finished Stubbs the Zombie yesterday, nice diversion. And quite short (which I consider a boon). Took me just a week from buying to finishing it. Now finishing second to last mission in Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow. Time-god is merciful to me in the last few weeks.

Karla finished up Zelda, her final time was just about 60 hours played. My turn!

The last game I played to completion was Okami. Well, and Gears, but that's only half a game.

Okami's my PS2 GotY, possibly overall GotY.

I finished Mage Knight Apocalypse with 3 different characters several weeks ago.

I finished Mechcommander Gold (original and new campaign) thanks to that free download link.

I finished Titan Quest with 2 characters. Though I'm not sure if I have to mention it was only normal difficulty. I have not beaten either of the next 2 difficulties.

Ive completed all the new newb quests in the WoW expansion with 2 draenei characters (hunter and shaman) and one blood elf (hunter). I don't know if that counts but each run through took longer than Prey and Gears of War... combined?

Certis wrote:

Karla finished up Zelda, her final time was just about 60 hours played. My turn!

Wait, you actually saw the ending(and probably saw her playing the whole game) and you'd still play it again?

93_confirmed wrote:

If I have my way, the kid would be playing games in the womb and I'll name him Link, Duke Nukem or Master Chief. Hmm...now I'm starting to think of names of video game characters that would make decent real world names. Anyone?

Back in my Gamestop days, I had a couple come in to the store. Nice people really, but every so often I would hear them say out loud... Zelda! I thought they were crazy, up until I saw their 3ish? daughter run up to them. Then it finally hits me as they're walking out... They named their daughter Zelda.

Mex wrote:
Certis wrote:

Karla finished up Zelda, her final time was just about 60 hours played. My turn!

Wait, you actually saw the ending(and probably saw her playing the whole game) and you'd still play it again?

He was religious about avoiding the living room while I was playing, or closing his eyes if he had to be in there. Great game. I usually despise boss battles, but it did a really good job of balancing them, even the end one. I hardly cursed at all.

I just beat Zelda yesterday. 42 hours for me, and that is with catching all the bugs and getting every heart piece but one. I wish it would have lasted longer, but I think at this point I've played so many of these games that I immediately recognize the solutions to most of the puzzles, you know?

Just finished Prey! Excellent game, man. Short, but incredible. It's not common for me to actually connect to characters, but Tomi set well with me after he matured past his initial cockiness as the game came to a close.

Finished Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow. And started Chaos Theory. Although the storytelling is pretty meh, the gameplay itself is very satisfying. Even more so in Chaos Theory, which finally feels more freeform than its predecessors. Also, there is a significant James Bond factor working for it, especially when robbing a bank.

I picked up GoW on Saturday and ran through the co-op mode with a roomate last night on Casual. Man it was way to easy :). Insane here I come.

Yoreel wrote:

I picked up GoW on Saturday and ran through the co-op mode with a roomate last night on Casual. Man it was way to easy :). Insane here I come.

If your roomate is good at the game, insane will be great, great fun. If he's really bad at the game.. you'll want to murder him with a chainsaw before you ever get out of Act 3.

Or maybe that was just my experience.

The guy I played with must have died 50 times in the first 30 seconds of the indiana jones style minecart section.

Phew. Must. Breathe. Just thinking about it makes me angry.

Back on topic.

I finished Gears (just shy of four times), R6: Vegas, Company of Heroes, Dawn of War and the Winter Assault expansion pack, and I'm about to start Call of Duty 3 which I can't imagine will take me too long. I want to go through Vegas again on Realistic, but I think there's a bug where Realistic difficulty doesn't alway stay on so I may wait for that first patch.

IjonTichy wrote:

A couple of days ago I finally beat ADOM without cheating--it is, I'm convinced, the hardest game ever made. Took me two years. Finally beat it after a burst of intense procrastination brought on by a pressing need to write two papers.

What did you beat it with?

Also, were you addicted to the newsgroup for the two years as I was? That's about how long it took me to finally take that game down with my hobbit(hrurthling) monk.

Solid shot to the head FTW.

Just finished Blazing Angels last night. Geez, that game's a bitch, been pissing me off since the second week I owned it. Then, yesterday, I found I could unlock the God code and the Power Shot code, and that let me get all of my damned medals and planes (after about, oh, 9 to 10 hours of playing it- straight.)

fangblackbone wrote:

I finished Mage Knight Apocalypse with 3 different characters several weeks ago.

I finished Mechcommander Gold (original and new campaign) thanks to that free download link.

What program did you use to mount the image? I was never able to get working the one that they recommended.

I managed to beat 2 star Elite Beat Agents yesterday - I almost smashed my DS over that. I can totally see how everybody loved the original Japanese release.

Actually, I'm angrier at that stupid "Canned Heat" level. I had to turn off the sound to beat that one - it doesn't seem like the music is synched up at all...

I just cleared Call of Duty 3 on the Wii last night. The Wiimote is utterly perfect for precision aiming work, it feels even more natural and awesome than the mouse.

Still working in Twilight Princess and, inexplicably, the Spongebob game, which isn't half bad.

Also started Wind Waker again recently. The cel shading really was awesome, I'm finding I enjoy that visual style a lot.

Thin_J wrote:
Yoreel wrote:

I picked up GoW on Saturday and ran through the co-op mode with a roomate last night on Casual. Man it was way to easy :). Insane here I come.

If your roomate is good at the game, insane will be great, great fun. If he's really bad at the game.. you'll want to murder him with a chainsaw before you ever get out of Act 3.

Well my roomate is better than Dom.... but not much. He just kept getting lost all the time and had "issues" understanding active reload and reviving me when I died those few times.

Thin_J wrote:

The guy I played with must have died 50 times in the first 30 seconds of the indiana jones style minecart section.

That isn't his fault, the Dom part of the minecart section is nigh impossible on insane.

Sinatar wrote:

That isn't his fault, the Dom part of the minecart section is nigh impossible on insane.

I was Dom. I died probably 6 or 7 times. We even tried alternating who got in the first cart. He still continually died.