Finished Any Games Lately?

Finally finished up Sleeping Dogs and my first runthrough of Torchlight 2.

HL2:Ep2 kicks the bucket! Now I know why everyone's been clamoring for Ep3.... Scary to think how long some of you've been waiting.

Ariskany Evan wrote:

HL2:Ep2 kicks the bucket! Now I know why everyone's been clamoring for Ep3.... Scary to think how long some of you've been waiting.

No doubt, I get emotional if I just think about the last few seconds. Just chilling.

cyrax wrote:
Ariskany Evan wrote:

HL2:Ep2 kicks the bucket! Now I know why everyone's been clamoring for Ep3.... Scary to think how long some of you've been waiting.

No doubt, I get emotional if I just think about the last few seconds. Just chilling.

It is perhaps the main reason why I've held off from purchasing the Orange Box; I don't want to be left hanging so long.

brokenclavicle wrote:
cyrax wrote:
Ariskany Evan wrote:

HL2:Ep2 kicks the bucket! Now I know why everyone's been clamoring for Ep3.... Scary to think how long some of you've been waiting.

No doubt, I get emotional if I just think about the last few seconds. Just chilling.

It is perhaps the main reason why I've held off from purchasing the Orange Box; I don't want to be left hanging so long.

Also because you hate fun and/or good deals.

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
brokenclavicle wrote:
cyrax wrote:
Ariskany Evan wrote:

HL2:Ep2 kicks the bucket! Now I know why everyone's been clamoring for Ep3.... Scary to think how long some of you've been waiting.

No doubt, I get emotional if I just think about the last few seconds. Just chilling.

It is perhaps the main reason why I've held off from purchasing the Orange Box; I don't want to be left hanging so long.

Also because you hate fun and/or good deals.

Or he is patient, I bet the OB is a pre order bonus for whatever the next iteration of Half Life is

Kamakazi010654 wrote:
Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
brokenclavicle wrote:
cyrax wrote:
Ariskany Evan wrote:

HL2:Ep2 kicks the bucket! Now I know why everyone's been clamoring for Ep3.... Scary to think how long some of you've been waiting.

No doubt, I get emotional if I just think about the last few seconds. Just chilling.

It is perhaps the main reason why I've held off from purchasing the Orange Box; I don't want to be left hanging so long.

Also because you hate fun and/or good deals.

Or he is patient, I bet the OB is a pre order bonus for whatever the next iteration of Half Life is

Much as I love good deals, I'm thrifty and don't have enough time to beat the games I already own hahaha Sometimes good things come to those who wait an obscenely long amount of time?

Peacewalker is down. As a professional Metal Gear apologist, Im ashamed it took me this long to get around to it.

I finished Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack for the Vita earlier this week. I really enjoyed the last level, because it was fun and not a stupid boss battle. When you get a Vita, this is a great title to pick up.

Transformers: War for Cybertron. Yeah, the older one. I managed to buy the game before I got my PS3 (knowing I'd get it sometime soon afterwards) and then sit on the pile for nearly 2 whole years. It was good, but not great. More over here in the pile thread.

Warriorpoet897 wrote:

Peacewalker is down. As a professional Metal Gear apologist, Im ashamed it took me this long to get around to it.

I got stuck on Peace Walker... I could probably finish it if I went back, but it was a situation where I had been playing for a long time and then I hit a wall and it frustrated me more than it should have. I had been playing stealthy, barely getting caught, and then it wanted me to play it like a shooter. I really want to finish it though.

Zeno Clash.

Whoa.

Really, really neat game. As has often been said, the art is incredible, and the combat is excellent. It's a crime that there aren't more Source games; what a refreshing change from UE3.

Stay weird, Ace Team, stay weird.

Just wrapped up Bastion! Wonderful.

Had been warned about the overabundance of weapons; stuck with my shotgun/bow/summon-teardrop-pals.

Fun! And glad I was able to play with sound for the last 2 hours. Made the ending much more impact-ful.

Tempted by the new game +, but I don't want to overstay my welcome (and the pile beckons...).

edit: did I mention I LOVE short games? Oh, no? I do.

New Game+ is fantastic in Bastion... the game is much quicker to play through the second time, I found that I appreciated most of the poignant moments in the game significantly more, because I knew ahead of time what to expect, so could catch all of the subtle beats leading up.

merphle wrote:

New Game+ is fantastic in Bastion... the game is much quicker to play through the second time, I found that I appreciated most of the poignant moments in the game significantly more, because I knew ahead of time what to expect, so could catch all of the subtle beats leading up.

Something about the media I've consumed recently (The Tiger's Wife, mostly) made me think of

Spoiler:

civil wars and that since the Ura had been presented as an "other" to our Kid, that some race war badness had gone down.

So the story moved in a semi-predictable fashion for me. I still thought it was brilliant, but the weight of the drama somewhat relied upon the piecing-together (pun intended) of it all. The obfuscation WAS the fun of the story in some ways. Thus I see your point that a NewGame+ would make it more poignant. But since I had already put it together (but was still very interested to see how they played it out, hence why I kept playing NewGame) I don't think moving through it a second time anytime soon would give me greater depth of meaning.

And also because I enjoyed how easy the game was, and want to leave the game at an apex of fun, rather than enter the land of diminishing returns as it became more challenging.

(this isn't to negate your opinion or anything)

Last Story is complete. I wish more RPGs were this length. Much more manageable. I was surprised at the technical problems the game had, but I enjoyed it anyway. It went down a little rougher after just playing Xenoblade Chronicles.

Just finished my first playthrough of Dishonored. Now I'll have to do it again and shoot for full stealth mode.

Finished Alpha Protocol. Except you don't really finish it on your first play through. Having picked Recruit first time round you then replay on Veteran with a mass of skill points to spend and the need to uncover all the parts of the game you haven't seen yet.

FINALLY finished Red Dead Redemption this weekend. Fantastic game, "Eh" ending. Probably because I caught 1/2 sec of a spoiler and was automatically able to figure out the entire ending because I was fairly close to the end already. Now to figure out what's next on the list; probably Skyrim.

Buying lots and lots of games I barely play (if at all), and hardly ever finish.... Yeah, I have that problem too!

Last game I finished was Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I'd bought it during the Steam Summer Sale and finally sat myself down and played through it. Was pretty much what I expected of it, just more running around on rooftops and going stabbity stab at people, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Next stop: finishing my playthrough of Torchlight 2! And then I want to play Borderlands 2. Or Batman: Arkham City. We'll see.

MountaineerWR27 wrote:

FINALLY finished Red Dead Redemption this weekend. Fantastic game, "Eh" ending. Probably because I caught 1/2 sec of a spoiler and was automatically able to figure out the entire ending because I was fairly close to the end already. Now to figure out what's next on the list; probably Skyrim.

You got the credits to roll, right?

Spoiler:

After you kill what's-his-name-cop-dude that killed John Marston as Jack Marston?

Ya. Or did I miss something?

You got it. A lot of people think the character transition was the end, not realizing credits were important to knowing when the story was wrapped.

I didn't know for sure that it wasn't the end, but I was determined that I wouldn't let that be the end lol

Beat a couple of games lately (yay vacation!):

Theatryhthm: Final Fantasy (3DS) - Finally a rhythm game where I actually like > 80% of the tracks! Completed the selections for each game on the initial difficulty. Fun game, but probably limited appeal if you're not a fan of the series. Wonderful way to celebrate 25 years of spiky hair, giant swords and ridiculous plots.

Kirby's Dream Land (Wii) - This is the original Game Boy game. Quick, easy (although the "extra mode" is a magnitude harder) and was a nice little nostalgia trip. Good to revisit the series' origin, but probably wouldn't have bothered except for completion's sake.

World of Goo (PC) - Incredibly late to the party on this. Had a blast with it, although the pacing is a little slow at the start. Really good at teaching you how to play, but I still had trouble with a couple of puzzles (especially the last three before the ending). Absolutely loved the presentation's weird mashup of Seuss and Burton.

Finished Dishonored on a low chaos playthrough. Killed very few people but was not able to do it completely non-lethal. Mechanically, this is probably my game of the year. The level design and the myriad of different ways you can approach scenarios are just incredible. Story wise, I really liked where things were going and then it ended quickly and with numerous critical questions left open. Narrative wise, it ended up being a major let down which is a bummer. Still, this is an excellent game. I really hope it sells well.

Finished off Mark of the Ninja last night. Really, really loved that game. So much so that I've already started a New Game Plus

Trachalio wrote:

Finished off Mark of the Ninja last night. Really, really loved that game. So much so that I've already started a New Game Plus :D

I just finished it last night too! I loved the last few chapters and the leadup to the ending.

I just saw the credits roll on XCOM: Enemy Unknown (playing on Normal Pseudo-Hardcore -- I made it through the game without ever going back to a previous save). I've only ever played the first couple of missions in the original X-COM game before totally screwing things up so badly that I couldn't continue, so for me to make it through this is a big win.

I did run into a few weird bugs and quirks, including a spontaneous crash to desktop during a mission (thankfully Auto-Save only caused me to lose 1 turn)... and one of my soldiers (my badass Sniper!) got stuck in geometry in the penultimate room of the final mission, and caused him to be unable to continue. The lack of technical polish in these cases is bothersome -- especially considering how well polished so much of the game feels! -- but obviously it wasn't enough to keep me from continuing to enjoy the game. I'm hopeful that we'll see a nice big patch soon that fixes all of these issues, and maybe some beefy DLC that brings new content: enemies, tech, maps, & mission types please!

Just put the pin in XCOM. Quite an enjoyable experience, but I don't think I'll be going back to it for a while.